FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum contingency plan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:06pm
Someone set up a FB  for Mack so he can join in the fun. Just don't show him farmville.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Someone set up a FB  for Mack so he can join in the fun. Just don't show him farmville.

I dunno, after telegraph, communication got a bit complicated for him.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:16pm
Tallens name is Colin?

Weird. He even spells it the correct way.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:16pm
Can you Facebook via carrier pigeon?

Edit; damn it Reb!

Edited by usafpilot07 - 16 November 2012 at 5:16pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

However, from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to keep the forum because eventually the economy is going to turn around and when it does there will be people who put off making discretionary paintball purchases and kept renting or didn't play. 

That's a great point. In alot of ways this forum has functioned has a free tech support for Tippmann over the years...
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Tallens name is Colin?

Weird. He even spells it the correct way.

Impulse's name is Colin? Weird. He even spells it the correct way too!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:35pm
I think it's really more tongue-in-cheek about the forum going away. But jebus did we get some seriously high volume when we started the chat group! Mispelled, styrofloam, cat, Rockslide, and many, many more we haven't seen for a while all jumped right in. Fast conversation too, reminded me of the old days when topics would drop off the front page in a matter of minutes some days.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I think it's really more tongue-in-cheek about the forum going away. But jebus did we get some seriously high volume when we started the chat group! Mispelled, styrofloam, cat, Rockslide, and many, many more we haven't seen for a while all jumped right in. Fast conversation too, reminded me of the old days when topics would drop off the front page in a matter of minutes some days.

Even when I started becoming an active member, the first two whole pages, and often onto the third were active topics.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:55pm
Makes you wonder what happened. I wouldn't expect a company like Tippmann to suddenly lose all that newb traffic. Maybe people just search the forum get what they need and leave.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

That's a great point. In alot of ways this forum has functioned has a free tech support for Tippmann over the years...

This is a good point as well;  I didn't even consider the advantages the forum provides in the way of tech support.  There are people here who can answer questions on Tippmann markers that most of the current Tippmann employees might never have actually even seen.

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I dunno, after telegraph, communication got a bit complicated for him.

Related to the above post:
  • I don't facebook.  Not because of not understanding "that dang new-fangled facebook thingy" but because of the risks involved in using facebook.  I read an article a while back that indicated facebook could be responsible for as much as 70% of the spreading of current computer viruses.*
  • I've seen farmville; my wife was hooked on it for a while.  It is another reason not to facebook.

*  All age jokes aside, one of my minors is in Computer Information Systems, and given my background in USAF security I try to stay abreast of most aspects of computer security. ** I am by no means an "IT guy" but I do most of the upkeep/maintenace and software/hardware repairs and networking for the extended family.  It's not something I enjoy all that much or would want to do for a living but I thought I should learn about it when my son was headed off to the Navy and wouldn't be around to fix my computers anymore.

**Security is essentially the same be it info security, IT security or physical security.  There is no such thing as completely secure unless one is willing to accept measures which would render the item/info being secured practically useless even to those who are authorized to use it.  What you can do is create a level of difficulty that deters possible perpetrators from coming after your stuff and causes them to seek easier targets instead.  That said, all security at an individual level is still a trade off between function and comfort level.  I.e. how much functionality you are willing to give up to reach your comfort level security-wise.  I am willing to forgo social networking to keep myself more secure.***

***Detrevni, this post contained asterisks . . . are you happy now?

Edited by Mack - 16 November 2012 at 7:13pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 7:25pm
Internet security.

Kidding, of course, Mack. I haven't learned anything new about computers in at least 4 years.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 16 November 2012 at 7:27pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:33pm
I think PBN, MCB, 98OG etc all scooped up the people who used to come here. Plus, you can google just about any problem with any marker these days and get a link to a thread with the answer without even having to sign up or ask the question anymore.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Can you Facebook via carrier pigeon?

Edit; damn it Reb!

Heh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 1:20am
I dunno. The Warhammer forums shut down pretty quick when they decided to not support them any more. They could make most of the claims this forum can make as well. They were informative, supportive and spreading the love, but they still got the axe.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:28am
^^^  Yeah, but they didn't have a PCF.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I dunno. The Warhammer forums shut down pretty quick when they decided to not support them any more. They could make most of the claims this forum can make as well. They were informative, supportive and spreading the love, but they still got the axe.

Companies/orgs don't like to leave non-officially-administrated forums up for liability reasons. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^  Yeah, but they didn't have a PCF.

YEAH!

Beer
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 2:16pm
You know, one of the best things about this whole thing is that I'm now friends with Kayback on FB!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

You know, one of the best things about this whole thing is that I'm now friends with Kayback on FB!
Woooooooooot
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:36pm
Aww. The bromance is building.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic