FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum contingency plan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum contingency plan.
    Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:09pm
Hey so as someone pointed out, the link to the forum is gone from the front page. At some point the company will probably shut the forum down because nobody plays paintball anymore. 

So, anyway, if you still want to catch up with people when the plug does get pulled, go to www.facebook.com/TippmannForum
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:18pm
If they shut us down. We riot.

Scotchy will instigate it.

Tallen will provide gas masks

Whale, media relations.

Plenty of service positions open, sign up.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:19pm
Me and Choop can cover the Design. For posters and such.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:26pm
I am willing to be a grunt/meat shield.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:36pm
I am willing to thoughtlessly send grunts/meat-shields into the fray, all willy-nilly like.  
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:42pm
I say we pillage and invade the OMHW forum. 

and possibly Fort Wayne, too.

Edit: I'm going to guess that if they were to kill Mother, they would probably let the mods know first. So likely we could organize first.

Edited by SSOK - 16 November 2012 at 2:44pm
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:49pm
It can't be that much hassle to keep the forum going surely. it takes care of itself and does it cost any money to host this on their site? 

But if they do try and bin it I'll make sure it all kicks off. I'm gonna start stocking up on patio furniture, traffic cones and such. 
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:11pm
I don't see the forum closing any time soon, but it is definitely decaying over time.

HOWEVER, the first link is to a fan page which does not function well as a public platform/ forum. I've created a group, and suggest you join this one instead.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:18pm
Uh oh. And now the power grab begins.

I'll join who ever offers the best gifts.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:22pm
We are going the way of the 'Twinkie', and the forum is soon to join the collectable and memories of better times. Bottom line, poor economy, poor sales, low descretionary income for hobbies, yep the forum is a cost Tippmann will cut, rest assured.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Both can probably exist just fine. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Eh not trying to undercut at all, just make it easier/ more functional for everyone.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:29pm
They do different things, too. One's a public setting with more functionality for longer updates, the other is/will be private and is better for more conversations. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

They do different things, too. One's a public setting with more functionality for longer updates, the other is/will be private and is better for more conversations. 

Good point
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

And studying us without our knowledge so he can present our lives to his elitist mAcademia overlords. 
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:01pm
I joined both because I'm a fence straddler.

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

And studying us without our knowledge so he can present our lives to his elitist mAcademia overlords. 

Damn liberals I want my privacy back. Secession!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:09pm
I went there to sign up and have NO IDEA who all those people are.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:26pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I went there to sign up and have NO IDEA who all those people are.

KBK

That's ok, there are a ton that I don't know. Just drop in and let us know who you are, and others will do the same.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:03pm
As forum President I must step in . . .

. . . and offer my support to whomever provides the best campaign contributions.

Edit:  On a serious note, I am an optimist and don't believe the forum will go away.  Here's my thinking, some of which is just common sense and some of which is based on my degree in business. 

Tippmann is going to have an IT infrastructure no matter what.  In reality a forum like this is a minimal additional expense as pointed out above.  However, from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to keep the forum because eventually the economy is going to turn around and when it does there will be people who put off making discretionary paintball purchases and kept renting or didn't play.  There will also be people who have been interested in paintball but are just reaching the age where they can buy their own equipment.  These will be members of IT savvy generations who have done research and found this forum among other things.  Getting rid of the forum would be the equivalent of getting rid of a ready-made market when the economy turns around.  When benefits are weighed against costs I just don't see flushing the forum as a sound decision.  Granted, there are businesses that make poor decisions; a classic example from my classes being cutting marketing expenditures because sales are down and they wish to save money.  (This is widely considered a "let's cut our own throats" move, but it does happen.)  However, Tippmann has a history of making very good business decisions so I can't imagine anyone doing something like that.

Edited by Mack - 16 November 2012 at 5:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic