FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas wish list time!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

It'll be about the time I'll find out if the Navy likes my application or not. Good news is all I want.

Good luck to you.

I'd like to amend my answer to go along these lines.

I'd like for my Town to accept my application as a police officer and allow me to work until the academy classes start up.
Or else I have to wait until next September, stuck with a 174 mile commute every day.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I want a inline.

302's are great engines, I love my daily driver that has one. That being said, a Ford 300 i6 is probably one of the best half ton truck engines ever. Same torque or better than a stock 302, better mpg, and an awesome torque curve.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Yeah my mom and girlfriend have been bugging me for what I want. I cannot think of anything I really want. I'm kind of content in my existence right now, as far as stuff goes. 

The only thing I can think of is a low-light lens, like the 50mm f/1.8, but I'd hate for anyone to spend the cash on it just for me. 

So what does she do to bug you?   Big smile

(If only you were a professional writer so you would have thought to phrase that in a way that I couldn't be a smart-butt about it.)

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

A duffel bag of money, and an iPad. That's it pretty much.

Why?  You're Canadian . . . the government would just take all the money in taxes and censor your iPad content to the point where it wasn't enjoyable anyway.   LOL

I want people to continue making comments on the forum that allow me to continue responding in a manner that allows me to show how amusing I think I am.

. . . . oh wait . . . wish granted.    Smile

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

It'll be about the time I'll find out if the Navy likes my application or not. Good news is all I want.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Thumbs Up

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

my mom is having a plate put in her neck a few weeks before so I honestly just want her to recover.

As someone who has a nice set of pins in my back I can tell you from experience that this type of surgery isn't nearly as scary as it used to be.  If they had a praying smiley I'd put it here to show that I'm wishing her a quick recovery.

Edited by Mack - 15 November 2012 at 12:07pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 2:10pm

I went shopping today and found brand new ski boots. Last years for $140-$200. Not even demos. I paid $50 for skis. When I go buy the boots tomorrow I'll get out of this at $200-$250 for boots, skis, and bindings. WIN WIN WIN.

When I get back to Vail(had to come home for some emergency shenanigans) I will have to start taking some of those free lessons yeeeah

Wish granted.
Que pasa?

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:25am
we sold our nikon d60 and ordered a Pentax k30 with 18-135mm lens for our Christmas.  We were going to buy a go pro for kayaking pics and vids, the  k30 is waterproof, takes videos and is dust and cold proof as well.  I also like the fact that the body of the K30 has the ant-vibration and autofocus motor rather than the lens's like most dslr's.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 16 November 2012 at 7:06pm
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:47pm
I just bought the girlfriend her Christmas gift. K2 Free luv skis and marker bindings...

Me... This...

http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/short-block.html

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

A duffel bag of money, and an iPad. That's it pretty much.

Why? 
You're Canadian . . . the government would just take all the money in
taxes and censor your iPad content to the point where it wasn't
enjoyable anyway.   LOL

While I'm definitely a Canuck, I've recently started terking yer jerbs in America, so I can enjoy better prices and streaming content. Freedom.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:48pm
^^^ It's "'Merika," get it right!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

^^^ It's "'Merika," get it right!

Yeah! Get it right and get a brain moran!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2012 at 1:28am
I would love an iPad, tools, and an AR but I know I will probably get none of the above. Accept for maybe some cheap tools. Because, I already got my iPhone 5 as a christmas gift and a 75-300 for my rebel to cover my b-day.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 9:11am
Non-Christmas related, but kinda... The wife and I are going to put her parents on our family talk plan from AT&T and get new phones this Friday. Probably going Galaxy S3 for me and the wife and iPhone 4 for the 'rents. Only problem the wife and I face is that most of our music is itunes. So we'll have to convert everything to .mp3 for the S3 from what I've understood.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 1:29pm

Edited by impulse418 - 19 November 2012 at 3:45pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2012 at 2:07pm
My first present to myself came in today.  Winter doesn't stand a chance.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic