FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A work conversation I had

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:40am
Now just imagine having conversations like: Ozzy was never in a 'band'. Or Paul McCartney was in a band before 'Wings'.

Now imagine being my age and playing in the boys band now and then and during the breaks playing a few 'oldies' solo and the parents eyes light up, and the kids give you a blank stare.

It is strange though, I still like 'Green Day' reminds me so much of the 'Ramones' from my time. And Pink Floyd is the ultimate mellow out at night band, especially the no vocal cuts, just the music coursing through the minds edge.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Now just imagine having conversations like: Ozzy was never in a 'band'. Or Paul McCartney was in a band before 'Wings'.

Now imagine being my age and playing in the boys band now and then and during the breaks playing a few 'oldies' solo and the parents eyes light up, and the kids give you a blank stare.

It is strange though, I still like 'Green Day' reminds me so much of the 'Ramones' from my time. And Pink Floyd is the ultimate mellow out at night band, especially the no vocal cuts, just the music coursing through the minds edge.

Or Cliff Burton was Metallica's second bass player ( and best IMO)
I was never a big Ramones fan...I like FEAR better.  The Ramones kind of sound as if the played the same song all the time.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I was under the impression that,as far as technical skills go, Pauly isn't all that great? I don't hold any malcontent towards him, and actually enjoyed him on the show, but I thought I remember a big stink earlier this year between he and other DJs.

Yeah, compared to a lot of other DJ's out there, he's got really rough transitions, poor beat matching, and generally, wouldn't get past playing small clubs and weddings if it weren't for his Jersey Shore fame.

He's not great by any long shot, I'd even be tempted to call him bad-ish. Not terrible, but not really any good either.

Now, if he were on the Oakenfold/Paul Van Dyk/Sander Van Doorn level, the girls would have good reason to be excited.

Also, I've got to agree with Kayback on the wanting to punch House DJ's in the head. Way, way, way too many are just doing "mashups" these days without really creating anything new or of their own. With Ableton and 2 hours of practice, you really don't have an excuse anymore.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Or Cliff Burton was Metallica's second bass player ( and best IMO)
I was never a big Ramones fan...I like FEAR better.  The Ramones kind of sound as if the played the same song all the time.

Agreed on Pink Floyd.

As far early punk, it's hard to top the Misfits in my opinion.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

The Ramones kind of sound as if the played the same song all the time.
One of the few times I have to disagree with you on music. Love me some Ramones.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

DeTrevni's experience is just a mismatch in era, he's concerned with older pop, she with newer.

I... really can't refute that. Touche.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic