Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weight Loss?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
smithkendall View Drop Down
Spammie!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithkendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight Loss?
    Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:01am
I have a few medical conditions that prevent me from exercising as much as I would like and I take medication that makes me put on weight.

I have put on a little bit of weight lately and just wanting to get rid of it but have tried cutting down on fatty foods etc and exercising more but nothing is helping!!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 3:39am
You know how I lost weight? Eat sensibly and exercise. Cardio does wonders.

Oh and stop sitting around in an Internet Cafe spamming. That helps too.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 3:14pm
I lose weight by not spamming forums and working.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

KBK

Someone put it in really simple terms for me recently that helps the food part. It's easier to just not take in the extra 400 calories than it is to burn them off. Portion control/ food quality is immensely important, and doing all the cardio you want without them will be an uphill battle.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

KBK

Someone put it in really simple terms for me recently that helps the food part. It's easier to just not take in the extra 400 calories than it is to burn them off. Portion control/ food quality is immensely important, and doing all the cardio you want without them will be an uphill battle.

Pretty much. If you've ever done enough cardio to burn 500 calories you know that extra large upgrade was not worth it.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:53pm
Haha. Just got back from the gym. Went this morning too. Probably burned 1800-2000 calories today. Sure it takes time, but you have to find time to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by RoboCop - 09 November 2012 at 4:53pm

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Haha. Just got back from the gym. Went this morning too. Probably burned 1800-2000 calories today. Sure it takes time, but you have to find time to lead a healthy lifestyle.

You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:46pm
That is a really good way of looking at it and I'll remember that. I only recently started to get into shape again. I have never been "buff" and probably never will be, but I noticed the scale was edging up to where I was getting a little disgusted with myself.

One of the first things I did was simply eating the normal or smaller portions of the meals. Not changing what I ate but correcting it. Having the 200gr steak instead of the 350gr, having the single cheese burger instead of the double.

As I got into better shape I started finding myself less attracted to junk food. I found myself thinking "Cheese burger? I m gonna have to burn off that cheese, the roll and those fries. Pass".
Eating better has replaced the eating yummy I used to do. Now I'm not saying I only eat steamed chicken breast, but I'm definitely leaning towards better for you foods.

KBK
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:00pm
I've never had this problem. If anything I could do with putting a bit of timber on. I don't necessarily watch what I eat. I think I just don't eat as much as I could. 

I eat fast food on a pretty regular basis and haven't ever caught myself thinking I shouldn't eat something because it would be too fatty etc. I suppose it's just the way I'm built.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

I've never had this problem. If anything I could do with putting a bit of timber on. I don't necessarily watch what I eat. I think I just don't eat as much as I could. 

I eat fast food on a pretty regular basis and haven't ever caught myself thinking I shouldn't eat something because it would be too fatty etc. I suppose it's just the way I'm built.

Skinny fat.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Skinny fat.

I used to be that way, but then I just started rapid gaining in my late teens.

At first I was paranoid I was getting fat, then I realized I could turn that into a workout tool. If you look at it in terms of gaining mass, I can drop or gain pretty quick whereas my perma-skinny buddy is doing olive oil shots and supplements to try and gain mass. Everything has a bright side Wink

I'm actually pretty diligent at diet and exercise, it's avoiding drinking and sleeping enough that are killing me right now.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:12pm
What am I suppose to do with that information now Strato? Apart from never sleep because I am now convinced my heart is in some kind of lard death grip.

Originally posted by Stratoaxe Stratoaxe wrote:

it's avoiding drinking and sleeping enough that are killing me right now.

Right that's it. I'm writing a bucket list tonight.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:15pm

What am I suppose to do with that information now Strato? Apart from never sleep because I am now convinced my heart is in some kind of lard death grip.

Originally posted by Stratoaxe Stratoaxe wrote:

it's avoiding drinking and sleeping enough that are killing me right now.

Right that's it. I'm writing a bucket list tonight.

To be clear, I'm not staying healthy to live longer I'm doing it to look better LOL

If I was perma skinny I'd be living on pizza, hot wings, burritos, and Jager.

Edited by stratoaxe - 09 November 2012 at 6:16pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:33pm
An ex griend of my was mortified when someone described her as "obese". She didn't cotton on to the fact that she had absolutely zero muscle tone, and even if she was only 50kg or whatever, if more than 23% is not actually "you" you are obese!

(Or maybe it was just "fat", but the story got better and more indignant every time she told it)

But she was a self centered whore.

KBK
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:52pm
I stopped walking at home because I was lazy, but now I'm without a car and have to wait for buses. Everything is within 2 miles do I think I'm going to be getting a lot of walking in unless it's ridiculously freezing.

Plus maybe some skiing to help(but renting blows). Not to mention food shopping is wicked annoying using public transportation so less food around. Maybe I'll lose some more weight on this 6 months!
Que pasa?

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:03pm
When I was paying for food over the summer, it is expensive to eat healthy. Staying away from processed food except for my protein cereal, you really have to put up some money. I would buy big bags of frozen fruit and veggies, big bag of frozen chicken breast, unsweetened almond milk, various spices, and lots of fresh fruits and big tubs of spinach. I also would throw in some pb&j sandwiches made with natural peanut butter and whole grain bread. It really added up, more than I expected, but I was determined to eat as healthy as I could and I did. My diet was also very protein based as I was trying to gain muscle.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 9:36pm

Pretty much. I eat meat, pizza, pasta, potatoes, etc religiously, and I've always been considered underweight up until about 6-8 months ago.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:11pm
I just had a physical for a new employer.

24, 6'1", 194 Pounds - Otherwise healthy.

... High Blood Pressure - 150/90.

The "I eat what ever the hell I want" deal isn't as good as it seems.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:30pm
Yeah I think that if I got the old blood pressure took I would be bordering on dangerous.

I'm Glaswegian after all.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 4:36pm
I'm concerned with my weight.  I was into powerlifting before I got married 5 years ago.  Moved away from my workout partners.  We'd lift heavy 3 times a week around 90 minutes each day.  Each day we'd go home busted ass tired.  I could eat basically as much as I wanted and not get 'fat'.  Well, this put my portion control out of whack because I basically stopped lifting.  I discovered it was really hard to change.  I've known over the last three years the weight has been going on.  The last visit to the doc put it in perspective.  I need to lose weight.  I need to do more.  I need to watch what I eat and how much.  I just need a jumpstart to my willpower.  Doc suggested I do an Adkin's style diet.  Said I could eat all the meat I wanted and fresh veggies (preferably raw) could also be consumed.  When it comes to veggies I'm a, "That isn't food, that is what food eats." kind of person much to the chagrin of my wife.  So, I have it set in my head for my next appointment at the end of January to shed some weight.  I went to Sam's Club and purchased some bulk tuna and canned chicken.  I can eat tuna 24/7 if I have to.  It was my quick protein fix after workouts.  The big killer was giving up pop.  It is nothing to me to drink 32oz of Pepsi with my lunch at work.  It has been a week of going straight water with lunch, but I look longingly at the people getting their carbonated-high-fructose-corn-syrup-goodness everyday.

Long of the short.  Tired of being a fat bastard.  May start looking at treadmills.  The holidays are going to suck...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic