FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who voted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Well F.E.?

Where's that landslide?

I like to gloat as much as anyone, but we don't need this. Pride needs to take a back seat to progress.

I'm not gloating - I voted G. Johnson - just observing.

It went out to everybody. Point is: the gloating that happens after every election is what makes people think that our government is just a battleground for parties, as opposed to a tool we use to improve our nation. The results of this election simply means that our government will continue on a similar path for the next 4 years. We can celebrate when the US rises out of the latest mess.

The Government has a lot to do to fix us. Party bickering, which I think includes gloating, causes nothing but problems.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

The Government has a lot to do to fix us. Party bickering, which I think includes gloating, causes nothing but problems.

Here x 2
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:48pm
Hey Obama, how about you close down gitmo, repeal NDAA and the Patriot Act, leave Afghanistan.  And we have a deal
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:56pm
Money says that the Republican party will see this as evidence not to nominate someone as moderate as Romney again and to stop playing nice. I thought campaigns had hit a low point with the swift-boat stuff. I think Colbert called it with impeachment predictions. I'll gloat a bit, just because of the outlandish nonsense I'v had to endure, even when I've agreed with people on the right, it's usually been for totally different reasons, to the point where I don't want to be associated with them. This will almost certainly not result in, well...results. 
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:12am
IMO, the US needs a better system than the 2-party system. This election was like comparing dog vomit to a mouldy cheeseburger. For the people my ass, only 1/3 of the nation voted and when they did it was only by popular opinion.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:16am
Before we start criticizing conservatives too hard, let's reel this one back just a bit...this is par for the course regardless of partisan affiliation.

I needn't remind anybody here that in 2004, according to the left, Bush had single handedly stolen an election, caused 9/11, sent Katrina to kill all black people every where, and caused a tsunami for no apparent reason. Johnny Depp and Oliver Stone were leaving the country in shame....Green Day was writing hit songs calling Bush a redneck.

Politics is dirty. This is the state of affairs in the past, present, and forseeable future. People feel passionately about their politics and every four years Americavst invest billions into this process.

It disgusts me as much as anyone whose, but FE is just the Republican version of every lefty in the 2000s.

Right now I'm sure he's gathering as many links to voter fraud, intimidation, and broken voting machines as possible in order to make his case for Obama's hanging.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Of course...

So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?

Funniest. Quote. EVER!!!!!!

Really?... Early voting in Ohio is in... Guess who won the early vote?

Get ready to be shocked, when Romney EASILY wins the race here in Ohio.

How did that go for you? Cry
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:43am
Seeing this, maybe the world IS ending this year:

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 12:52am
Nope choop. Just heard on Fox

"The republican party does not need to change" and talking about how more conservative candidates will seem good after a "failed second term"

Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 1:35am
After Romneys speech one of the fox anchors asked if the party was too far right, or too far left. How on earth could the current party be too far left?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 2:01am
I voted on my way home from work.
My votes for local candidates were also largely wasted, since incumbents largely won, despite making a mess of things.

My guy lost tonight. (3rd Party)

But as I said last time this happened- Obama is now my president again. I may not like what he's done/doing, but there has got to be a level of respect for the office regardless of who is in it. Vilification of someone does jack crap to accomplish anything.
You can't beat this guy anymore Right-wing. Now maybe work with him a bit.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Now maybe work with him a bit.

I really, really hope so.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 6:36am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

It disgusts me as much as anyone whose, but FE is just the Republican version of every lefty in the 2000s.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

But seriously. What's done is done, and the Republican party has four years to clean itself up and find a candidate to win back the disenchanted voters who jumped ship because they weren't making any sense.

The democrats have 4 years to make good on their promises. They've been given 4 more years, and if they don't go lame duck, they have to accomplish a lot in these subsequent years to convince people that voting for a Democrat again in 2016 is worth it. With the basic platforms of the parties being what they are, they'll be hard-pressed to hire someone of the same cloth if 8 years of Obama doesn't make huge differences.

On the upside> One of the news reports I heard yesterday is that the track of the economy was such that regardless of who won last night, there would be improvement. People were just scrambling about trying to figure out who would get the credit if Romney won the auction instead of Obama.

My facebook news feed was disgusting last night.
Smug and irritable left leaning individuals gloating, and republican voters all doom and gloom. We seriously can't be gracious in victory nor gracious in defeat, and that bothers me more than who manages to get elected.

Listen folks, there's not a single candidate out there who is as good, or as bad as they're made out to be. I have no doubt that Obama will NOT be responsible for the downfall of American society, but I'm also not convinced he's going to save the world either.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:11am
Well, at least Nebraska went R, and the NY Carpet Bagger Kerry is on his way back 'home' to NYC.

All that happened is the status quo of nothing positive getting done remains, no more no less. Congress is divided par usual, the same gridlock is ensured, and we have 4 more years of political bickering and petty yes I will say it ...crap.

We get the government and people we deserve as we 'vote' for it,as well as them and more and more the divisions are getting plainer, and the politics of division is the norm.

I just find it interesting as an observation, the States and populations more entrenched in the culture of dependance were the stronger Obama supporters, can't risk getting that government check cut, that will mean I will have to work more, now it just means again that the Nebraskans who voted R will have to work more for me so my check keeps coming..
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

the Republican party has four years to clean itself up and find a candidate to win back the disenchanted voters who jumped ship because they weren't making any sense.

You'd better hope they get their collective heads out of their butts and start touting this guy as their candidate in 2016. He's got a few social issues he needs to back down on to make moderate republicans swing back from Libertarian or Independent status (gay marriage and abortion) but he hasn't really pushed hard on those issues while in office (to this point).

The democrats have 4 years to make good on their promises. They've been given 4 more years, and if they don't go lame duck, they have to accomplish a lot in these subsequent years to convince people that voting for a Democrat again in 2016 is worth it ... I have no doubt that Obama will NOT be responsible for the downfall of American society, but I'm also not convinced he's going to save the world either.

The reality is that the president doesn't control the economy. I think the split between our generation and the FE/OS generation is that we understand that the president can't just wave a magic wand and make it all better. It's a managerial position which requires support from everyone in the company (government) to make lasting and substantial changes. And much like a business, market factors do more to determine the course we take. It's not up to the president to fix the economy. He can help ease the process of rebuilding, but it's up to us to quit spending money on cheap foreign goods, to tell companies that we aren't alright with outsourcing and moving jobs, and that our well being is more important than that of shareholders.

My prediction is that we'll continue to see a slow uptake in the economy over the next 4 years. We aren't going to see Clinton-era economic numbers, but we aren't in the middle of a .com and housing bubble either. Just look at your own circumstances. 6mo without a job when if you'd been in the same boat 2 years ago, it would more than likely have been a year or more. Things are getting better every day. Housing rates are climbing again. People are finding jobs much more quickly, and we're seeing more spending on both commercial and personal goods. Honestly, I think after this holiday season, you're going to see near continuous economic growth.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 7:56am
I am devastated, I remember back when Obama said "we are not a Christian nation"... I was outraged, as I honestly thought we were a Christian nation, as we were founded...

But, no more. I am done advocating for truth, honesty, and conservatism. 

What is the point?

My faith in America died last night. Now we move onto the next chapter in America's history. The liberals have won, and we will all get to see firsthand the results of our election choices. Gas here in Ohio went up $.50 between yesterday and today... only 1/3 of the people in our country even bothered to vote... And new liberal judges, and Obama ignoring congress while just creating law himself through the EPA and other methods is now the normal. 

Resume gloating and calling me insane, as I really did think I lived in a different country that is what I see now. 

20 years ago, it cost $20 a month to give an employee health insurance. Today that cost per month is $1,400...

Congrats to all you who proved me completely wrong, I was clearly off my rocker as I assumed people would see the damage being done to our economy. But, clearly people just believe the liberal media, so what is the point of even discussing anything anymore. 

I'm done.
They tremble at my name...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 8:07am
We're not a Christian nation.....

Are you really basing health insurance costs off of 20 years ago?
Que pasa?

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 8:15am
Well we should, as we expect more from healthcare as technology increases, but the youth like yourself there jmac3 I guess will have no problem paying more for less when it comes to healthcare in the future.
Just don't get sick or injured, and same goes for y0our family when you have one, only then will you understand, and heaven forbid you own the bussiness that is mandated to supply health insurance for it's employees, then you will really understand how this all works.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 8:20am
What amazes me is how little you and FE don't understand the underlying reasons for health care cost increases OS.

Two words: Tort Reform

Without it, you will never, ever, ever see health care costs reach a reasonable level.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 8:21am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I just find it interesting as an observation, the States and populations more entrenched in the culture of dependance were the stronger Obama supporters, can't risk getting that government check cut, that will mean I will have to work more, now it just means again that the Nebraskans who voted R will have to work more for me so my check keeps coming..

Really? This line is still being peddled?

There are as many people in politically right counties on welfare than there are on the left. The "culture of dependence" is a blight caused by people on all sides of the spectrum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic