FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who voted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:15pm
The correct thing to do would be cover it up with a tarp or something. Federal Election Law is pretty plain in what is considered electioneering at a polling place. But NO the subliminal message must be there, and why should Obama's people actually follow the law.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

The correct thing to do would be cover it up with a tarp or something. Federal Election Law is pretty plain in what is considered electioneering at a polling place. But NO the subliminal message must be there, and why should Obama's people actually follow the law.

What subliminal message? It's a picture of Obama with his campaign slogans around his head.

I agree that Federal Election Law is plain, and it's very plain that it's about campaigning and this was neither painted by nor intended to be part of a campaign. It was a student project, "Obama's people" weren't involved.

Don't get me wrong, if they want it covered that's fine too. I just think that it's a nonissue regardless.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

What subliminal message?

It seems like a big ol' mural is kind of the opposite of what subliminal is. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 3:26pm

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:01pm
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/11/06/judge-orders-obama-mural-covered-at-northeast-philadelphia-polling-place/
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:08pm
So it was ordered covered. What is the issue here?
Que pasa?

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:18pm
Probably old, but thought it was funny. My daughter came home and said one of her teachers said that Obama would be in the lead until after 5pm when the Republicans got off work. I'm a little proud that she found that funny enough to share with me.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:23pm
If PA is anything like IN, the election workers are not professionals.  They are usually old or unemployed people who go to an hour long class on how to work the machines before showing up at the polls.  Oversights like that happen.  In this case, the proper channels were followed and it was dealt with.  

Also,
""It happens all the time," Voigt said. He said court-appointed Republican officials typically show up on Election Day and end up squaring off against stand-in officials at the polling sites filling in the open seats. Part of the problem, he said, is that the Republican inspectors are appointed on relatively short notice, leading to a string of confrontations on Election Day. 

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/judge-issuing-order-to-reinstate-booted-philadelphia-election-officials/#ixzz2BToOrCkJ"

It was nice of fox to include this in the story, in the very last paragraph, 6 paragraphs after mentioning the issue, and with a snippit about the Black Panthers thrown in the middle for good measure, because that totally makes sense.  

It looks like the Republicans need to learn how to plan.  I guess its easy to come up short on personnel though, especially when elections pop up on short notice like this one did.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

So it was ordered covered. What is the issue here?

It should have been covered. 

I don't really know what they can do about it now, other than go cover it, but it really should have been covered from the get-go. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

They are usually old or unemployed people who go to an hour long class on how to work the machines before showing up at the polls. 

Literally poll workers everywhere. 

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:43pm
I worked as a judge for the Republican party while I was in high school.  They do not hire the best nor the brightest people.  It's my experience that the $90 in compensation buys them that much of a worker and nothing more.  In many cases, the dem/rep judges aren't even registered to the party they are working for.  I worked with many people who were registered dems working as reps and registered reps working as dems.  They aren't there to corrupt the election, they are there for a paycheck or to get out of the house.  
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:50pm
Seriously that is total garbage. Like them not being allowed to play Arnold Schwarzenegger movies when he was running because his opponents could claim equal TV time.

If you are letting people with such low IQ's that merely a picture or a movie is going to sway them, you need to think up better ways of voting.....

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Seriously that is total garbage. Like them not being allowed to play Arnold Schwarzenegger movies when he was running because his opponents could claim equal TV time.

If you are letting people with such low IQ's that merely a picture or a movie is going to sway them, you need to think up better ways of voting.....

KBK
As with any law/rule they are written up to accomodate the lowest common demoninator. If they allow pictures of candidates in the polling area, you would have people standing outside campaigning as people entered. Someone is always going to push the limits of the rules, so they have to be clear, concise and non-wavering. Will a voter truly be swayed by an Obama mural, probably not, but thens theres the slippery slope and next thing you know there are 52" plasma screens inside the polling booths with the same crap we have been barraged with for months.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Of course...

So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?

Funniest. Quote. EVER!!!!!!

Really?... Early voting in Ohio is in... Guess who won the early vote?

Get ready to be shocked, when Romney EASILY wins the race here in Ohio.

If anyone is wondering why FE's link was removed was because it was faked information to test out design graphs. http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/11/06/Fake-Election-Stats-Showed-Romney-Ahead-in-

And I did my duty as a forumer and canceled his vote out in Ohio Wink

Edited by bravecoward - 06 November 2012 at 6:31pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 6:46pm
I voted for Obama, for several reasons. I would never vote for a Republican, unless they were super Liberal. I guess its a generational thing.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 6:52pm
I don't necessarily like the idea of having a mural of Obama predominantly showing in a polling place. That being said; if I seriously thought that something as simple as that could/would have a noticeable effect on the election outcome, I would be much more severely disturbed about the legitimacy of our voting system, rather than about the specific rules of what pictures/paintings are allowed within polling places.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 6:59pm
Seems like common sense could have prevented the issue by covering itconsidering he was an actual candidate. I would say different if the objection was there when Obama wasn't a candidate but people felt the party affiliation/implications were still an issue.

When do you guys think the results will be in? I'm not too fussed but I would quite like to see FE's reaction in either situation.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 7:02pm
5ish hours before it is completely confirmed, I believe.

Oh and I voted

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 8:13pm
Woot, got in just before the polls closed.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 9:32pm
Holy hell, FE has zero grasp of reality. I can't even imagine what is like inside that mind. Sure, there obviously is a chance romney will will, its a close race. But landslide? Are you high on paint thinner FE?

My only wish for you is to somehow realize how delusional you are before you kick the bucket. To live your whole live behind whatever fog you've got up there would be a real shame.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic