Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I did some thing I did not expect to do...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I did some thing I did not expect to do...
    Posted: 05 November 2012 at 8:30am
I had to fill my gas cans last night.  It was easier than waiting in line with my car.  Now that is not the "unexpected" part. You see, there was a shooting the night before a town or two west of where I live. My wife would not let me leave the house unless I was armed. I had my 1911 hidden under my jacket with 2 spares just to get $30 in gas.

I did not lose any power during or after Sandy and had minor damage. I used my cans to fill my car up because the wait was a hell of a lot shorter then waiting in my car to be the next one at the pump. It was a two hour wait unlike people in cars who were waiting 4 plus hours for gas. Fortunately, every one was making light of the whole ordeal so no incidents or "uneasy/bad feelings" (situational awareness as my Dad would call it) about who was standing in line in front or behind me.  No cops at the station to maintain order and a safe environment  unlike what the local and national news is showing to the public.
I have never carried any of my pistols in public before.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 11:15am
Are you allowed to do that?

Glad you made it through ok. Keep looking out for your own, but do it carefully as well.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Are you allowed to do that?

Glad you made it through ok. Keep looking out for your own, but do it carefully as well.

KBK

Technically, Yes. IF I were going to or from a range, fire arms dealer or gunsmith I can carry it on my persons loaded ( magazine inserted) and be allowed to make a stop according to the NYS/SCPD hand gun hand book I received when I renewed my license this past December. So, I stopped at a local gun shop/indoor range, bought a box of Hornady 185 JHP and kept the receipt on me as I went to purchase the fuel.  
Will do KBK, I am not looking for a gun fight and I made damn sure that I kept it well concealed but easy to get to. A loose fitting jacket and a loose fitting sweat shirt keeping the shape distorted.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 05 November 2012 at 12:15pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:04pm
I find it odd that I can carry with fewer restrictions than Ceesman. Did the same thing last year when it was crazy-time at the gas stations. Only time I've carried in public, typically I only carry when I'm in the woods solo in case a moose decides to stomp me. 

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:21pm
Good for you. 
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:59pm
Its strange at first. Feels like your marked. After a while you realize you could open carry and half the people around you don't pay enough attention to notice...

Glad all is well.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:00pm
Guess I have my head in the sand again. Didnt realize things were that bad on the island. See, now if only you have moved to Ohio last year....
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Guess I have my head in the sand again. Didnt realize things were that bad on the island. See, now if only you have moved to Ohio last year....

Some call Ohio the New York City of the Great Lakes region. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:29am
I know how you feel. 

I don't have a CCW, nor will I ever in my current state. If I did have a permit, I would likely carry in shadier areas and I honestly don't know if I would carry every day. Through this mess though, I really wish I could carry. I didn't get mugged/shot, but enough people got dragged into some sort of mess.

I have family who is NYPD, and I felt better working in the destroyed parts of Staten Island knowing that he had a Sig on him.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:47am
NYPD carries sigs? Or off duty?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

SCPD carries Sigs, S&W's,  Berretta Px4's, and Glock if they buy their own. Armory loans from HQ are Glock.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:04pm
Didn't know that, I thought they were all issued Glocks with 500# triggers.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:12pm
Yep, Suffolk County gets a bit more $$$ so they have a choice as long as it is .40 caliber. Glock seems to be the pistol of choice by the SCPD but I have met quite a few carrying the above mentioned for duty pistols. NYPD may be strictly Glock. Reb might be able to answer that . His F.I.L. is NYPD.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:33pm

Both.

His on duty is a P229? whatever the full size 9mm is. He had the choice between that, a Glock, and a S&W. Not an M&P, its whatever the third gen steel frame guns were. There were dozens of models so I don't know which, my dad has a 3906 9mm single stack and I hate the thing.

Off duty is I believe a compact Sig, again I don't know model. Other choices were again a Glock and maybe a S&W J-Frame of some sort. Whatever the Model 36 is with all of the bells and whistles.

All of them have some absurd 13lb trigger pull, because of all the AD's they were having with them. Would have made more sense to issue more training or handguns with manual safety's, but safety's are against the new fad. His Sig is a really nice gun, but the absurdly heavy trigger I would pass on a defensive handgun.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:37pm
Negligent* discharge.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:41pm

Negligent* discharge.

Nitpicker.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic