FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Netflix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Netflix
    Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:51pm
So, I got Netflix today. Looking for some suggestions. My favorite shows are things like Southland, Suits, Big Bang Theory, etc.

I already plan on giving Breaking Bad a shot, and I'm open for suggestions. Fire away. Movies are welcome too.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:32pm
Netflix is how Dr. Who got its hooks into me. Badly.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:44pm
It's a very odd show, but if you can tolerate musicals at all watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. It entertained me for 40 minutes.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:23pm
Haven't met anyone who didn't enjoy breaking bad.

Hell on Wheels is pretty good.

17 seasons of Top Gear. Heart
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:23pm
Archer
Que pasa?

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:52pm
The League

Workaholics
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Archer

QFT! Also, I'll second Dr. Who. If you've never seen a modern episode, find "Blink" and watch it.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Archer

QFT! Also, I'll second Dr. Who. If you've never seen a modern episode, find "Blink" and watch it.

One of the best ones out of all of the modern episodes.

You've seen Angels take manhattan? Wasn't as good, but the cherub blowing out the match was right up there with 'creepy-ass angels moments'

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 9:44pm
Can't use Netflix where I live anymore, my DSL just doesn't want to function with it.

When I used it I generally watched old movies that would pop up from time to time and occasional TV shows. I watched Arrested Development from start to finish in a few days, but not too much.

They had Blade Runner on there for a while, and a mass ton of indie movies. I found their collection kind of dry though, especially if you were looking for big name classics. They go in and out of a good selection though.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:57pm
Hell on Wheels and Archer are good.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 11:01pm
Not necessarily what you're looking for, but for me, the big ones are Top Gear, Lie to Me, and Workaholics.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 7:12am
I love Archer and Workaholics, they'll definitely be getting some views. I've seen some of the league and liked it, so I'll go through and catch up on it. And I'll probably cherry pick through Top Gear.

Is Dr. Who something I need to start from the beginning?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I love Archer and Workaholics, they'll definitely be getting some views. I've seen some of the league and liked it, so I'll go through and catch up on it. And I'll probably cherry pick through Top Gear.

Is Dr. Who something I need to start from the beginning?

You'd better hope not, because it's been around since 1963, and that'd be a LOT of episodes you'd have to watch.

The reality is that you need a one-off episode to get hooked in. "Blink" is probably the best of those episodes. It actually doesn't contain much of The Doctor or his companion (I think it's Martha Jones at that point) but helps ease you into a series pretty well by explaining what's up with the blue phone box, etc.

If you watch it and like it, you have two choices. You can either go back to the beginning of the David Tennant era as he's the same actor/Doctor as you see in "Blink" but you'll miss out on the back-story of Rose Tyler if you do that.

The other (better IMHO) option is to go back to the beginning of the "New" series with Christopher Eccleston and start there. He's only The Doctor for one season and then it changes to Tennant who is, by far, the BEST DOCTOR EVER!

Just remember, time doesn't flow in a straight line, it's made up of wimbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 12:45pm
Netflix recently got half (They may have all of them by now?) of ESPN's 30-for-30 series, almost all of which are utterly fantastic. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 05 November 2012 at 12:45pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

It's a very odd show, but if you can tolerate musicals at all watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. It entertained me for 40 minutes.

Internet machoism aside, Dr. Horrible is wonderful and you should be watching it now.

Other similar picks: Firefly, How I met your mother.

Breaking Bad is still one of my favorite shows ever.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 1:57pm
I only got netflix last week. So far I've just watched up to season 5 of Breaking bad. Quality telly right there.

If you guys get it on the yank site then look up "The thick of it." It's brilliant.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:02pm
5 seasons in a week?
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:05pm
maybe two actually.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:05pm
Wife and I are making our way through Walking Dead. I'm embarrassed to say I catch her watching Dawons Creek far too often.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:34pm
Foreign movies. The girl w the dragon tattoo series, there was a whole bunch of war movies about ww2 in russian, and I think finnish or norwegien that were good.

Firefly...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic