Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why are you here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are you here?
    Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:03pm
     I've seen that most of the people posting on this forum have been here for many years, and most of ya'll haven't played paintball in a while. I'm wondering what brought you to this forum in the first place, and why have you stayed this long.

I'll start by saying that I came to this forum in early to mid 2000 with the famous Model 98 vs. Pro Carbine question. I stayed for the hilarious posts from the OMHW guys. I've never laughed harder than I have reading some of the things on the forum. I disappeared for a few years (A few is an understatement) after moving out of my parents house.
    I was shocked to see that my name and password still worked when I got bored on paternity leave and checked this forum out last year. I was also shocked to see that I still recognize a lot of handles that post on here. It's crazy to see how some of ya'll are still talking to each other on this forum for 10 years. Anyway I figured I'd ask before this place gets shut down. It has definitely changed over the years.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:18pm
Played paintball. Came here because I had a tippmann. This place has always showed me interesting music, facts, and random other tidbits and news.

The majority of people are pretty much the same age group/generation so I tend to like what they like.

Been here a good 12 years since I had a tippmann that long ago. I had upgraded to an autococker by the time I was 14, and I'm almost 26.
Que pasa?

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:38pm
Started playing paintball sometime in the 7th or 8th grade and joined then.  Stuck around since.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:48pm
Came for paintball, stayed for the political arguments.

Seriously though, this place has done alot for me. I can't understate it...being home schooled by parents who simply didn't have the qualifications to do so, I didn't learn alot of argumentative standards that you take to college.

Arguing politics with Peter / Susan / Bruce and Whale and the rest taught me to use sources, formats arguments, find argumentative fallacies, etc. Those are skills I took to college and have been pretty successful with.

Not only that, but though discussion they helped change my worldview and show me that there was validity to be find in opposing ideas. Really, this place has changed who I am entirely.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:07pm
I play paintball...

Happy Halloween!

They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:19pm
Owned a Tippmann SL-68II and a Tippmann 98 Custom. Wanted an A5, never got it.

Came to see what's happening. Stayed around 'cos its a blast.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:52pm
I'm still here because I still have a crush on Sporx, and hope she will make a return one day :(

Edited by Gatyr - 31 October 2012 at 3:52pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 3:56pm
I like the tuna here.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 6:31pm
I had lurked here for about a year and a half, never had anything worthwhile to say. Actually joined after my tippmann became a dead weight in my bag. At this point, I feel almost loyal to the forum. Like I'd be deserting friends or family if I just up and quit one day.

And of course, I'm still hoping to do a Face/Off style switch with Gatyr.

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

I'm still here because I still have a crush on Sporx, and hope she will make a return one day :(

She was around for a couple days 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 7:13pm
I changed schools in 8th grade, met Styrofolme, and he talked me into joining the forum. I've been here ever since. After I changed schools mid Freshman year, to a little hole in the wall that they called a "school." I was the only kid in my grade until I graduated, and I had to keep myself entertained somehow.

I have/continue to learn too much from this place to stop coming back. I've known the people on this forum longer than I've known almost anyone that I still interact with in RL.

Plus, sporx is totally hot.

Edit: And I agree with Strato, this forum has done wonders for my ability to debate, and analyze arguments and ideas. That has helped me grow as a person in a lot of ways.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 31 October 2012 at 7:16pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 7:32pm
I'm still around almost purely out of habit, I have ebbs and flows of posting/lurking but for some undetermined reason this forum is almost always open in my browser. 

Started when I was playing really regularly, almost only posting in New players when that place was buzzing. In all honesty it was probably the first website I was visiting regularly and definitely the first forum. Ehh I suppose I don't really know why I still come on here. A lot of the topics are very Americentred and aren't that relevant to me but I still end up reading the pages upon pages of them. 

I have to say that I too owe some of my limited development to this place for the same reasons sneaky and others have got at. It almost worries me what kind of a dunce I would have ended up if I wasn't on here trying to be a smart arse as a youngun' .

TL;DR 
You're all willy's but I have a sad existence and need to feel better about myself by "being around" you idiots.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

I like the tuna here.

B.S. A-hole, No one likes the tuna here!

I mean seriously Yomillio, a F&F quote?!?! You couldn't do better than that?

As for me, I started back on the original forum around '99/2000. Bought a used Pro-Lite with a 14" J&J ceramic barrel a 14oz CO2 tank and JT "Elite" green and black mask and wound up on here talking paintball while in college. Made some life-long IRL friends through this forum and still hope to make quite a few of you real-life friends as well someday.

I still miss the fact that the old style forum would have threads go for pages with just topic titles and "NT" at the end of the sentence.

Funny enough, much like Jmac, I upgraded to an Autococker about mid-way through my first year here, but kept posting as someone with knowledge of all the Tippmann markers and upgrades from being a tech.

Now I come for good laughs and some interesting topics.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 10:33pm
Because my dad forgot to wear a condom.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 11:16pm
I think like most people, I joined this forum when I was really enthusiastic about paintball. At that time, the forum was blue.

At the time, this forum was really busy for a message board. I remember when I learned about some breaking news stories here. It was a living social site, before Facebook or twitter.

Over time, this community has slowed down, and a lot of people have left, but it's still an entertaining community, and there are interesting people here, who can converse intelligently on a wide topic of issues. I know hardly any of your names, but I still feel like I know many of the people who post here.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 10:16am
Court order.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 10:47am
More years ago than I care to count- I started playing paintball with a bunch of plastic crap-markers. A friend who had more money than I did went out and bought a 98. It was the first time I'd seen or heard of tippmann, and wandered to the site to check them out. I don't remember why I hit the 'forum' tab, but I did, and stuck around through the last year or two of high school, all of college, and since then. I've met a few members, we've watched each other grow up, and even though my playing has tapered off a bit (for now) I don't have any plans on straying from here. Its a good source of amusement, consternation, news, and opinions. Plus, there's always new players that I think I can help out now and then.

I remember a LONG time ago, *Stealth* and I wrote a rather long-winded dissertation on sniping that was stickied for a while. I think I was still just a two-star back then.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

I thought she died of Gatyr-aids from an infected cut she got off a glass rose.

Or have I misunderstood the last 10 years?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:16pm
I came here because since we had the internet, I would read everything I could about a new hobby I was about to start.  I ended up buying a pro-carbine off of a friend in high school and needed to know everything there was about it and what I could do to it.  

I stayed because by the time I got rid of all my tippmanns and started playing tournaments I was sort of an established member and just didn't feel I could leave.  Now, I'm on the verge of just selling all of my paintball stuff 8 months after I bought a brand new etek3 that I've used twice.  I still won't leave this place... I've met some awesome people, and have even gotten a job out of this place.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

Now, I'm on the verge of just selling all of my paintball stuff 8 months after I bought a brand new etek3 that I've used twice. †

No Selling on the FORUM!!!!!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 1:05pm
Joined because of Paintball, I haven't been around for the last few  years, but i still lurk.
This place has always been a great forum. Probably always will be.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic