FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minecraft.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:11pm
I promise not to succumb to peer pressure this time and set everything on fire.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 5:23pm
Lol, SSOK, I remember the big tree fire.....

Im game for this server, that would be a ton of fun to run the new pack.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 5:34pm
I'm trying to set up a quarry, great fun, need a couple more diamonds and I am golden. I'm busy with a mining well. Does anyone know how to move a resdtone engine without it being destroyed? Or a Generator for that matter?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 5:49pm
Dig it up with a wrench. 

tekkit has a wiki or 2.

Are you using a compressor to make your diamonds?

Edited by The Guy - 08 November 2012 at 5:54pm
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 11:03pm
I tried the wrench, it still broked.

Haven't thought about that yet, I'm half way to the diamonds needed just by previous digging.

KBK
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:30am
Someone set up this server already, haha.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Someone set up this server already, haha.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Agreed, I don't even have a desk yet and I want to play
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:34pm
Check out this book I just stumbled across. Click the picture for it to go to the next page.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 3:36am
OK, how do solar generators work? Can you plug them into things like the macerater? If so, how? Do you need copper cable or does it need to be with a battery unit?

KBK
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:44am
Someone needs to buy a VPS and host some Minecraft!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

OK, how do solar generators work? Can you plug them into things like the macerater? If so, how? Do you need copper cable or does it need to be with a battery unit?

KBK

Solar panels put out super low voltage, like 1-2 EU/T. If you make a large group of them, use tin cable (low resistance, doesn't need shielding) to connect them all and run into a batbox. Then run jacketed copper cable into your machines.

I made myself a couple hydroflowers to power all my stuff. I loaded all my machines with overclocks and I can still run 2 machines without draining all the line power.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 5:07pm
The server I used to run was running on my "last generation parts" machine. However, that machine currently has no memory (Had to use it to repair the old mans machine)

Not to mention I switched ISPs, FIOS worked great for running the server as it had huge amounts of bandwith. Not sure how much comcast gives, but they're known for being tools.

Basically running a minecraft server needs a dedicated machine. It's a very processor and memory heavy thing to host, and that's even without extra goodies and addons and stuff. The old server was running 4gb of memory and even then it would start to chug when addons were running.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:58pm
Anyone know where we cant rent a server on the cheap/ have FE's credit card info?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 2:42am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

KBK

Solar panels put out super low voltage, like 1-2 EU/T. If you make a large group of them, use tin cable (low resistance, doesn't need shielding) to connect them all and run into a batbox. Then run jacketed copper cable into your machines.

I made myself a couple hydroflowers to power all my stuff. I loaded all my machines with overclocks and I can still run 2 machines without draining all the line power.

Ah. My geotherm sucked the volcano dry, so I thought I'd branch out. Guess I need more branches. Next stupid question, how does one get gasoline out of a refinery? I get the oil pumped into it, and it gets changed, but then what?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 4:49pm

KBK

Ah. My geotherm sucked the volcano dry, so I thought I'd branch out. Guess I need more branches. Next stupid question, how does one get gasoline out of a refinery? I get the oil pumped into it, and it gets changed, but then what?

You need to pump it out. You use wooden pipe (or wooden waterproof pipe) to remove items from a container. The piece of pipe needs to be powered by a redstone engine, or any other Redpower powersource. Then you have to pump it into a tank for holding until you use it. 
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:26pm
Anyone know of just a public server we could try out?

One without all those add one maybe. They make my head hurt reading about them.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:52pm
my floating island fortress/city will consume you
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2012 at 6:41pm

KBK

You need to pump it out. You use wooden pipe (or wooden waterproof pipe) to remove items from a container. The piece of pipe needs to be powered by a redstone engine, or any other Redpower powersource. Then you have to pump it into a tank for holding until you use it. 

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 8:09pm
Guiz, guiz guiz... what if... what iff... guiz.  What if we just all joined a PvP server and killed everyone and made it ours.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 8:20pm
...We could be like vikings.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic