FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minecraft.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

That looks significantly less fun to me.

until you refine it into gasoline. Then do fun stuff with it. Also, Nuclear Reactor!!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 11:07pm
Like what? It just seems like a lot more work and I don't really get the benefit. What are you powering?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 11:17pm
machinery that can be used to craft diamonds, electric arc furnace, traps, dark matter compressor, battery charger for my mining laser.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 1:41am
Power large quarries, to mine stuff with different value, that can be fed into an energy condenser to duplicate almost anything you want. No more cutting down tons of trees for wood, or any building block. To me it's cool the things you can build like large complex sorting machines. Most people like minecraft because you can build cool things. Well tekkit allows you to build cool things that actually do something.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:37am
That's pretty sweet.  I wouldn't mind a server like that at all.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 8:52am

Like what? It just seems like a lot more work and I don't really get the benefit. What are you powering?

Not sure if Choop means what I do, but it was the simplicity of minecraft that I really enjoyed. I liked seeing the city we had built with the bare essentials.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:41am
Tried this new version. First thing to happen? Eaten by a mountain lion.

Great.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Not sure if Choop means what I do, but it was the simplicity of minecraft that I really enjoyed. I liked seeing the city we had built with the bare essentials.

My nephew got me hooked on the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft. I went ahead and bought the PC version thinking that it would be a huge improvement, but I actually liked the simplcitiy of the XBox version better oddly enough.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Yeah that's essentially my point. This just seems like added grinding with minimal pay off. If it were a different game with vehicles and things like that I can maybe understand, but now it just feels like complication for complications sake. My best times on multiplayer are building and exploring a city with the regulars. It's the same reason it annoyed me when we'd start a new map and everyone would scatter to the far reaches of the world to build, completely ruining the point of multiplayer since you'd never see anyone/ what they made. Making a city was great, particularly our flat one, and the one in a valley where we built city walls. I would definitely do that again.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 6:55pm
Unfortunately because I thought that same way, I got cursed at from another player for being too close and my property was demolished. Then Enos hated me for it too.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Unfortunately because I thought that same way, I got cursed at from another player for being too close and my property was demolished. Then Enos hated me for it too.

Well how close were you? Cant encroach on their property/ view. Damn I want to build another valley city now, that was awesome up until someone started booby trapping TNT under floors with pressure triggers in the doorway
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:59pm
Yeah, that sucked a lot. I miss that creative server, had a lot of cool stuff built in it.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:21am

Well how close were you? Cant encroach on their property/ view.
I felt like it was far enough. He had castle walls and I was further away from the walls than other buildings around. I was also in some woods. I don't get why people get their underwear in a bunch when it was just a temporary map.

Oh well, stuff is in the past. I don't have time to play minecraft anymore.

Edited by RoboCop - 04 November 2012 at 7:22am

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:50pm
I liked the valley map. I didn't want to make the city ugly so I built my crappy house out to the side, but I enjoyed building my underground railroad system all over the place.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:09pm
Well would we be cool with still using the tekkit pack server? And those uninterested can just not use the technology stuff.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Well would we be cool with still using the tekkit pack server? And those uninterested can just not use the technology stuff.

Absolutely, if someone put up a server I'd have no place to complain already. And exactly, it's only as complicated as you make it, which is nice. I'd try to contribute, as long as we can at least establish a city center before people bugger off and build their getaway homes/ hideouts. It's one of the best parts of multiplayer. I still occasionally go on a public server that has a large central area laid out with a city-like grid pattern of streets, and you just sort of claim pieces of the lots. Out of that area pretty much anything goes.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 8:45am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Absolutely, if someone put up a server I'd have no place to complain already. And exactly, it's only as complicated as you make it, which is nice. I'd try to contribute, as long as we can at least establish a city center before people bugger off and build their getaway homes/ hideouts. It's one of the best parts of multiplayer.

I second this. It was annoying to have to fly for 10 minutes across empty space to see what people had built. Teleporting to find these places was equally annoying. If you want to run off to BFE to build a castle, you might as well do it in a single player game.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 2:13pm
Seriously enjoying the complexity of the bigger version. Only problem is there is always SOMETHING else to do. Currently trying to relocate my first mining machine.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 3:27pm
If this server happens, I'm building a giant wall between you people's wizardy and my quaint old world.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 3:41pm
So... Who actually has the resources & know-how to set up a server?
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic