FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any electronic cigarette users here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any electronic cigarette users here?
    Posted: 28 October 2012 at 3:05am
I'm not sure if any of you guys would remember this, with the exception of MAYBE any PBCer's, but for a little over 2 years now i've been using "ecigs". This has turned into a full blown hobby for me now with some of the crazy stuff I have. A few pics:

Top one is an Altsmoke Silver Bullet with a kick (A kick is a tiny device the diameter of the battery that makes it a Variable Wattage unit), the middle is a white Provari with a rebuildable atomizer(the part that vaporizes the liquid) and the bottom one is a Golden Greek (never noticed until just now I wrote Golden Green) Telescopic Battery, which is all mechanical (has no wires) and is made in, you guessed it, Greece.

My rebuildable atomizer

What it looks like under the hood. A piece of stainless steel mesh is rolled up into a very tight tube, oxidized with a torch to prevent it from conducting electricity, and then wrapped with Kanthal resistance heating wire to make the vapor.

As you can tell it's become a sort of obsession of mine, and in these pics alone is about $430 worth of random stuff, with PLENTY more juice, parts and other devices where that came from. Any other vapers here? Or smokers who don't want to be smokers anymore? If so, let me know and I can help you get setup if you're looking to quit!

Late edit: Please note, that having an electronic cigarette kit, is NOT the same as having a high quality kit. I've talked to countless people that have told me they tried them out and they didn't work well. I've let plenty of them use one of my setups and they were blown away at not only how well they work, but how much BETTER they are than smoking. Don't let a crummy ecig turn you away from saving your own life, talk to me about a GOOD kit.

Edited by Apu - 29 March 2013 at 2:27pm
I need a new Sig...
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 3:07am
Also, these are advanced devices. There are plenty of good models that are the same size and shape of a cigarette, so don't let my alien looking gear scare off any potential vapers. I've made it my goal to help prevent as much cancer as possible here! Big smile A full scientific study has just been completed proving that there is no risk for cancer, or other similar health issues with vaping, BUT there is still the possibility of allergies and other side effects to different kinds of juices. For example juice is made out of propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin, or most commonly, a mixture of both. I have a VG sensitivity, so I can't use higher than a 70%/30% ratio of PG to VG without getting congestion, but for the most part vaping is a safe alternative to smoking, that feels similar(but better), without the nasty side effects, it CAN be a lot cheaper(not if you're a collector like me hehe) and it's more fun, tastes and smells better (including you no longer smelling like a month old ash tray) and is just downright AWESOME!

Edited by Apu - 28 October 2012 at 3:12am
I need a new Sig...
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 8:44am
I appreciate people that use these instead, but I hate the stands in malls with employees smoking these acting like they are cool.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:11am
You made a thread a few years ago. Ordered one. Got sick of refilling and recharging the thing. Went back to "analogs"
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

You made a thread a few years ago. Ordered one. Got sick of refilling and recharging the thing. Went back to "analogs"
Ahhh yeah, i've moved one from the "cig-a-likes". I've come a long way since back then. The "cig-a-likes" only last like an hour and a half and you can't put a tank on them. A good way to go now a days for a smaller, yet better option is an eGo Twist. They're variable voltage but the small size of like a cigarillo. Then you can get dripping atomizers or tanks that are less hassle. I understand that they're not for everybody though. A cig-a-like may last you an hour or 2 MAX between charges, where as a just slightly thicker eGo will last you at least 6-8 hours between charges. If I were still using my old 510 that looked like a cig I would have quit because the constant recharging was annoying as crap.

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I appreciate people that use these instead, but I hate the stands in malls with employees smoking these acting like they are cool.
Oh yeah, and don't EVER EVER EVER buy an ecig from the mall. The ones they sell are cheap junk, but they charge like $100 or even way more. You can get a great starter kit for like 40-50 bucks or even less that will far outperform the crappy mall ones. It's all about the quality of your device. The biggest reason for people not sticking with ecigs and going back to smoking is buying sub par equipment. I cannot stress enough the importance of the quality of your device if you're going to give vaping a serious shot. Sorry it didn't work out for you impulse.

Edited by Apu - 28 October 2012 at 1:49pm
I need a new Sig...
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 7:34pm
I'v used the Blu cigs for about 2 years now. finally killed the batteries in the 1st one i ever bought, so this week i'll be ordering a new setup. got any idea's for me there apu?
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 2:19pm
PM sent. Blu kits honestly are not very good, but they are great for getting new people to switch. The company is coming out with a PCC(personal charging case, it looks like a regular cig pack but it holds all your stuff and charges your batts on the go) that for some crazy reason can pick up when you're within 50 feet or less of another "smart pack" (or whatever they're calling it) and starts going off. What the heck are you even supposed to do then? "Hey! HEY!!! Where are you?! Answer me! I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE, MY PACK WENT OFF!!!!"

BTW, PM sent with the same info I sent Impulse a few days ago.

Edited by Apu - 01 November 2012 at 2:19pm
I need a new Sig...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 3:31pm
I don't smoke, but my sister went exclusively to e cigs here recently.

I find it fascinating how hard the tobacco lobby went after them. For a while I figured they'd be illegal.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 7:09pm
Actually now a days big tobacco has a hand in ecigs themselves. The Blu cigs ammolord was talking about is now owned by a tobacco company, and R J Reynolds is making their own brand soon. The real problem is Big Pharma. Big Pharma doesn't want people spending their money on ecigs instead of other significantly less successful products like gum and the patch that doesn't work for most people. Having big tobacco on our side now is a great advantage as they have the money to help combat big pharma. Like everything else it's all about politics and the billionaires keeping their billions while millions are dying from smoking. Sigh...
I need a new Sig...
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 2:12pm
Apu, I have the pack you're talking about, haha. its actually pretty neat. I'll go read that PM and get back to ya. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 1:20am
So, broke down and went to a vape store. Walked out with a 1000mah battery, 2ml atomizer, and 15ml of juice. Total price, $55 out the door. They said 1ml is equal to a pack of smokes. So, the juice comes out to around $1 a "pack"

Wow, what a difference over the cheapies I tried. Long lasting battery, no refilling ever other second. Two power settings for different amounts of vape. Have had it for two days, and completely forgot about my smokes. I know I am switching one addiction for another. But this beats the hell out of tobacco. I can breathe better already, I don't smell like smoke, I don't have to go outside to smoke. Which all are nice, because at my facility the patients aren't allowed to smoke. (Those who do get nicotine patches). So employees who do, pretty much have to go through a wash down process before returning to work.

Highly suggest it for those who are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Edited by impulse418 - 27 January 2013 at 1:22am
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 2:05pm
Yeah, im about to pull the trigger on a twist kit and a vivi nova tank, im stoked. the whole kits gonna cost me about $91.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 12:04am
Why not, you know, just quit?
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 1:35am
Why don't YOU quit?
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Why don't YOU quit?

This man right here, he has all the answers.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

Why don't YOU quit?

This man right here, he has all the answers.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 4:07am
Lol I went and bought my first pack of cigs in 10+ years two weeks ago, they are still unopened in the car.

They were for the wife because of a throwaway comment she made about them. I can't even recall what it was. They probably just going to get thrown away.

I did enjoy the cigars I got when my child was born :)

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 29 January 2013 at 4:07am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 2:26pm
LOL, just quit! Spoken like a true non-smoker! Tongue I've seen heroin and crack documentaries where people can quit smoking crack and stuff yet can't quit smoking cigs. They are probably about THE most addictive (mentally) horrible devil created addictions you could possibly have. Glad to see others getting into vaping. Sorry I wasn't around to answer questions for so long. My house caught on fire in early January and I've been dealing with that constantly since then. I know this thread is quite out of date but it's T&0 in 2013 so I'm not exactly displacing a lot of other threads by bumping it.
I need a new Sig...
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 8:24pm
I've been smoking some crappy disposable e-cigs lately. Have been cheating and smoking regular cigs on break at work...
Maybe I'll look into purchasing a nice set. Kind of afraid of finding a whole new kind of paraphernalia to get into.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 8:27pm
Heh. You have NO idea. It is just so much FREAKING fun though! :D
I need a new Sig...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic