FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

600 boots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 600 boots
    Posted: 27 October 2012 at 12:31pm
Painting my Flames of War miniture Russian Army, troops are based, base coat of paint on troops, bases terrained, now comes the fun part.

Awaiting painting:
600boots
500 rifles, mg's and smg's
300 faces, 300 helmets and and 600 hands
then all the webbing, packs, bags, belts

And still awaiting another box (company) of Russian Infantry.

Have a winter campaign tourney coming up. Not planning on winning, just going to play as a 'spoiler'. The local German players have all the heavy impossible to kill tanks, Tigers, Panthers, etc, few run infantry. So I am going to use the Russian hoard method of getting a draw. Mathmatically it is near impossible to kill my infantry fast enough in 6 turns to get a 'victory'. And if he gets close I will swarm and bury his tanks in close assault.

96 infantry bases, dug in, artillery and mortars, and 10 T-34's acting as armored AT guns, going to be a fun tourney as the Axis players try and figure out what to do here.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 12:56pm
Hope you have a good size tub to transport them all in.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 3:58pm
Spray them undercoat white and call it winter?

What is the technique you use? What's the level of detail needed? I still only paint Warhammer figures, what are they? 28mm Heroic scale?

What goes in painting 600 miniature boots?
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:09pm
15mm is a pain, I am also working on my 28mm WW2 Bolt Action Stuff, Russians again.

I base them, hand brush primer then with a gray, then since russian uniforms are basically khaki/grey top to bottom, paint whole figure khaki/grey. The do details one at a time. Usually boots before terraining bases, this time terrained bases before finished boots, had games today. The weapons, helmets and easy stuff like bedrolls and backbags, then flesh areas...real pain, finally any smaller detail I am motivated enough for. There are guys in the group who can paint the piping on german epulettes, I am no where near that detailed nor motivated. 28mm is far easier to work with.

Oh I use a mixture of white glue and white flour as my winter whitewash and snow on 'summer' pieces, just wash with hot water and you are back to summer.

Base terraining is easy, basic 'mud' undercoat then a mixture of fine turf, and fine 'ballast' applied before paint dries. Model RR stuff is perfect. The any ground foliage I feel creative enough to do, again model RR stuff. I use air dry clay for mounds or dirt piles, real pebbles, and real sticks representing logs, make sandbags from clay for crew served weapons, and use mosquito netting as camo netting painted in force represented color schemes.

Rusian vehicles and crew served guns are paints basic Russian vehicle dark green, then weathered and dirtied, then I break stuff off, bent stuff, etc, and make the vehicle look well used, not a museum roll out.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:36am
Any pics?
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 8:40am
soon
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:05pm
Haven't you been promising us pics since just after the war ended?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:10pm
A lot going on. Once I get the game table up and done today, will display and pic all my forces. Just been way to busy and cramped to finish all this stuff on my computer table.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 12:57pm
I was just joshing with you.

KBK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 3:00pm
Table is now done. Will take pics of all the stuff. Early War 1940 French Armor Company, Early War British Desert 'Crusader' Company, Mid War British 'Grant' Company, Mid War American Infantry Company (Leg), Late War American Armored Recon Company, Mid/Late War American Armor Company, German Early/Mid/Late War Grenidier Company, Late War German Heavy Panzer Company (Panthers), Mid/Late War German Medium Panzer Company, Russian Strelkovy/Motostrelkovy Batalon.
A lot of 15mm Flames of War Stuff.

Then my 28mm 'Bolt Action' Infantry Combat Game mini's
Russian Strelkovy Company, German HEER Infantry platoon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic