FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doctor visit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doctor visit
    Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:22pm
Well more fun today, antico appointment, normal INR, cancer screening not so good, already know about prostate cancer, but now they suspect pancreatic because of whatever number, further testing monday. Daibetes a little high blood sugar on fasting, now on 190units daily. Knees need replacing,getting loose and worn, I asked will I be able to do the 100yard dash after replacement, Doc said NO, so I asked whats the point, they are working, we are good.

The warrenty is expired, but the motor is strong and I will keep on, keeping on. Will feel kinda silly laying in a hospital bed dieing of nothing but old age. Gonna go out with boots on doing something stupid, MX didn't kill me, will have to find something more 'dangerous' and fun.

BTW Momma went; "You better not die on me before Dec 2017". Why, you ask, If I go after then with a service connected illness or injury, Momma gets a $1900 a month stipend for the rest of her life...I see me making it till at least Jan 3rd 2018.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:28pm
I had no idea you had cancer... sorry to hear that OS.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:44pm
Your drive to keep on living the way you want is always inspiring OS.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 5:20pm
Part of getting old I guess, not a life threatening issue yet, nor will be for awhile unless something goes haywire. Simple prostate cancer, benighn at the moment, and if pancreatic is onset so treatable since caugh early on. Been on net looking up all the signs, diabetes and increased insulin need are one, went from 15units to 190units insulin in a little over a year and a half.

I ain't worried or paniced, will tackle this like everything else, me and Beau will soldier on for as long as we can agrivate those around us
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 6:26am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

I ain't worried or paniced, will tackle this like everything else, me and Beau will soldier on for as long as we can agrivate those around us

Where is the "+like" button.

As for the rest, I'd start cheking my food around 2018 if I was you. Just in case you know.....

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Part of getting old I guess, not a life threatening issue yet, nor will be for awhile unless something goes haywire. Simple prostate cancer, benighn at the moment, and if pancreatic is onset so treatable since caugh early on. Been on net looking up all the signs, diabetes and increased insulin need are one, went from 15units to 190units insulin in a little over a year and a half.

Every time I see someone face a situation such as yours with that kind of stubborn optimism it gives me hope that life isn't as bad / scary as we make it out to be.

That said, take care of yourself and keep up with your doctor's visits. Thoughts and prayers and whatnot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic