FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane Sandy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:10pm
we havent raelly gotten much rain... its right about high tide and it still hasnt come over the bank yet... though a friend of mine in OBX sent me pictures and it wasnt good...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:14pm
Sure do love living in AZ. All I have to worry about is skin cancer.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Sure do love living in AZ. All I have to worry about is skin cancer.

Yeah, it was sunny and 66 degrees on my way to work today. Just rolled the windows down and bypassed the AC Wink

Good luck to all forumers involved though, be safe. Pack a CCW in case of zombies.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:44pm
Our coast is getting pounded by rain right now. I'll be driving into it in the morning. Everyone stay safe out there.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 10:22pm
I'm going to be getting hit directly in less than 24 hours or so. I'm not really concerned with anything, as my town really doesn't flood and I live on a hill anyway. Worst thing that could happen is a tree could hit my house/truck or another mineshaft could collapse.

As for "prepping", I filled up all of the cars and made sure to assemble all of the flashlights and such. I can't find any D batteries for anything though. If the power goes out, I'll still have hot/cold water and gas for the stove. I have enough food for a few weeks or so. I have a small Harbor Freight generator that will power a few basic things.

Last halloween the northeast got hit with that blizzard which left me without power for a week or more. That was crap. I learned to fill up my truck this time.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:02pm
This is Obama's Katrina.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

This is Obama's Katrina.

Obama hates white people?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:25am
Rain and wind here on Long Island...kids are playing xbox. My wife is reading and I am picking up.my paint brushes and do.some detail.work on a Commissar.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:25am
Rowing down the streets of Norfolk, VA last night...

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 12:45pm
Glad you guys are all prepared and safe.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 9:59pm
Saw this on the news at work today, nearly lost it.

Oh and speaking of work, it was so freaking busy because corporate is based out of Jersey so everyone was trying to work from home on the VPN. People.

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 29 October 2012 at 10:00pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 10:19pm

Saw this on FB, not sure if it's real or not. Explosions at about 02:00 and 03:10.

Edited by stratoaxe - 29 October 2012 at 10:21pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 10:35pm
She's tracking south of me at the moment, a couple of brief power outages- but NYC is getting butt-slammed.
I did a shift at the firehouse a little while ago, and the weather was literally doing nothing. No rain, no wind. As soon as I get home, the wind gusts are pretty intense outside.
Wife set up camp in the living room in case the power goes out we can corral both the kids in there comfortably. I don't think we're going to get battered much worse than this, since we're just getting a kick from the tail, but I don't know what tomorrow's supposed to bring.

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 11:13pm
Reb, my family is on Long Island and they said they're not getting rain yet, just tons of wind knocking over trees. Their block is one of the only ones that lost power, due to a downed tree hitting a powerline. A few miles from them though the streets are all flooded, up in Port Jeff just north of where they live there was like feet of water in the streets. The lower east side of NYC is getting killed, more areas with feet of water flowing down the road.

I hope everyone is alright up there. Kind of nervous for them.
///AMG What?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 2:26pm
EDIT:Darnit Choop. Your snopes article on Facebook ruined it for me.

Whoa.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 30 October 2012 at 8:50pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 6:42pm
Meanwhile in the eastern highlands of WV:
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 11:22pm
I was in coastal Virginia at a friend's wedding when the hurricane made landfall. I drove home through constant rain, and arrived to a snowstorm. So, it was an inconvenience, but I was never in the gunsights of any serious weather. I hope everyone else in our forum family is safe.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 2:19am
So uh, looks like Jersey got a whooping.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Yeah... We did.

The coastal areas in NY and NJ got destroyed. In all honesty, there is nothing left in a lot of places and a lot of other places there are a lot of issues. Gas shortages, looting, etc. It's getting bad.

I live in North Jersey and I've been without power since Monday which isn't a huge deal. It is annoying and I'm going crazy but I'm fine. Around here there are major gas lines and in some places looting. There were a lot of things wrecked by falling trees and such.

I've personally seen the destruction in Staten Island and it's really some god awful stuff. It's genuinely the saddest stuff I've ever seen. I'll go into detail later.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Yeah... We did.

The coastal areas in NY and NJ got destroyed. In all honesty, there is nothing left in a lot of places and a lot of other places there are a lot of issues. Gas shortages, looting, etc. It's getting bad.

I live in North Jersey and I've been without power since Monday which isn't a huge deal. It is annoying and I'm going crazy but I'm fine. Around here there are major gas lines and in some places looting. There were a lot of things wrecked by falling trees and such.

I've personally seen the destruction in Staten Island and it's really some god awful stuff. It's genuinely the saddest stuff I've ever seen. I'll go into detail later.

Stay safe. Our company headquarters are based in New Jersey so we're hearing about a lot of stuff going on there. Crazy stuff.

Nothing political but, do you feel like this could affect the election in your area?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic