FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wind again and other stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wind again and other stuff
    Posted: 25 October 2012 at 11:32am
Well another cold high wind here in nowhere Nebraska. Good thing, clears fallen leaves from lawn, bad thing drops a lot of branches and sticks and crap from trees. After last weeks escape moved the kennel pens to enclose the access door to the 'mancave' where the garage part is the new heated 'doghouse', and the troops are in there staying warm.

My morning hot tub soak is on hold, getting in not a problem, getting out and scrambling back to house is. I need to vacume tub here soon, due to our well water and the chemicals used we get a 'salt' like scale that covers bottom and any flat shelf in hot tub, will clog filters if I don't vacume (siphon) this 'salt' aout regularly.

My game/train room in the basement almost done. Went against idea of 'mancave' hobby room due to field mice issue. Got two gaming 4x8 tables, and three 4x8 tables in a "L" along wall for train tables. Also going to move my assembly/painting table down there as soon as I get TV and Sirus set up in room. Still painting Russian Infantry 'boots', 130 stands of 4 15mm minis per, a lot of boots, then comes rifles and guns, then webbing and packs, then heads and hands, helmets and flesh areas, finally terraining each base. Almost finished my 28mm Russian Infantry, same sequence but only 70 men (and 2 female medics) to paint.

Having fun on the farm, also got my KDX 200 to rebuild for next years Motoduro racing, going to be a busy winter...I do miss hockey, can't play league anymore (stress on knees to much, but will do a noon time drop in now and then just to 'putter' around), the children of the NHL still fighting so no season yet, and we have not hit a USHL Star's game yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic