Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Voting for the Less of the 2 Evils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voting for the Less of the 2 Evils?
    Posted: 20 October 2012 at 6:47am
Why?

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:45am
Does Ross Perot ring a bell? Probably before your time. Basically voting for the third party, ususally by more moderate Republicans and a few moderate Democrats leads to a Democrat win.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:56am
The governor already has my vote.  I know he won't win, but this is not a betting pool or a horse race, one should always vote with intention rather than probability.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:20am
A fine example of a 'proxy' vote for Obama. Your statement "I know he won't win" is indicative of the mindset of the current third party voter. Will vote third party, hense Democrat by 'proxy' and can safely go into the 'Not my fault, I voted for Johnson' defense in polite conversation.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:55am
It could result in that, but it also sends a message to both the major parties that you are dissatisfied with their performance/positions. If you continue to support garbage parties in elections, nothing is going to change.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:10pm
I don't vote for the president, my state sends electors for that, and for the candidate of the same party pretty consistently. I'n anything resembling a swing-state, voting for the lesser of two evils might be a valid idea, but in a solid red or blue state, there's no harm in going 3rd party to show your dissatisfaction. 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I don't vote for the president, my state sends electors for that, and for the candidate of the same party pretty consistently. I'n anything resembling a swing-state, voting for the lesser of two evils might be a valid idea, but in a solid red or blue state, there's no harm in going 3rd party to show your dissatisfaction. 

You're goddamn right, (NY sounding off) and you bet your ass I'm not voting (R) or (D) this year. Not only has neither side done nothing to impress me- they've gone out of their way to disgust me.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 1:55pm
Voting independent isn't throwing your vote away-it sends a message to the losing party. It's been done more than once throughout history.

That said-cutting the military in half is something the American people are not going to support.

Edited by stratoaxe - 20 October 2012 at 1:56pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 2:32pm
I don't think either Obama or Romney are evils one must decide between -- they've both demonstrated the capabilities to lead and to so successfully as moderates, if moderates slightly on either side of a political line. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 2:40pm
I went to I side with.com and learned that I agree with Gary Johnson over the other two. Since Texas is safe for Romney, I'll go ahead and throw a vote to Johnson.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

I went to I side with.com and learned that I agree with Gary Johnson over the other two. Since Texas is safe for Romney, I'll go ahead and throw a vote to Johnson.

I did the same on a similar site, and found the same result.  With CT so deeply blue, I'll probably throw him a vote as well.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 7:29pm
Oddly enough i voted pro amnesty, pro military intervention, pro big military, pro gay marriage, pro raising the debt ceiling, etc...and yet I'm 92% in line with Gary Johnson. I suddenly doubt the accuracy of that site.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 7:42pm
^^ I went big government and only got 13% Johnson
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 8:18pm
I don't believe in voting for someone you don't believe should be your president. I'm voting third party this election.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Oddly enough i voted pro amnesty, pro military intervention, pro big military, pro gay marriage, pro raising the debt ceiling, etc...and yet I'm 92% in line with Gary Johnson. I suddenly doubt the accuracy of that site.

My results: 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:40pm

Still won't vote for Romney. 

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 10:43pm
The thug life chose you RoboCop.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

My results:†

LIBRAL
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:39pm
I wonder how often these stay up to date with flip flopping.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:43pm
Dunski.

Edited by Yomillio - 20 October 2012 at 11:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic