FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Voting for the Less of the 2 Evils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 12:13am
That's an impressively even split, Yomillio.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 2:45am
Interdasting..

Edited by Hairball!!! - 21 October 2012 at 2:46am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 8:11am

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 10:03am

Edited by pntbl freak - 21 October 2012 at 10:04am
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 10:11am
92 Jill stein.
91 Obama.
37 Romney.
Que pasa?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 10:52am

Edited by brihard - 21 October 2012 at 10:53am
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:18am
I NEED FE to do this and post his results. I'm curious.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 12:30pm
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 12:33pm
I'd like the candidates to take the test. Just to see.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 8:43pm
About like Bri, invert the first two. 
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I NEED FE to do this and post his results. I'm curious.

No surprises here...

They tremble at my name...
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2012 at 10:26am
Id like "I side with" more if it actually took Romney's politics into it, and not just each party's platform.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 8:35am
I am a Conservative Libertarian.  I have voted 3rd party before with disappointing results.  Voted for Ross Perot and got Clinton.  Voted for Bob Barr and got Obama.  At the time, did I feel that I was throwing my vote away?  No.  Did it give me license to complain about who did get elected?  Yes, but the feeling was less than satisfactory.  I, too thought that voting 3rd party would help send a message to the R & D.  In my opinion, it did not.  The Libertarian Party is the next largest party (last I knew) next to the Republicans and Democrats.  Drug legalization, anti-war, anti-intervention and small limited government basically steps on the toes of the Republicans and Democrats alike.  Unless they start getting footholds in Congress, I don't see them as a very realistic, viable option for the Executive branch.  I'm being a realist here.  I promised myself before the 2008 election that I would not vote Republican or Democrat ever again.  It looks like I'll be breaking that promise this election.

Edited by StormyKnight - 23 October 2012 at 9:04am
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:40am
Falling on your sword for an unwinnable candidate is in today's tight political morass is almost like giving the vote to the Democrats. Though admirable in thought, not a good idea in reality. Most moderates and third party are center right or more right leaning, seldom has a Left leaning third party entered the legitimate mix. So any vote from the right to a third party is a vote taken away from the Republican candidate.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Falling on your sword for an unwinnable candidate is in today's tight political morass is almost like giving the vote to the Democrats. Though admirable in thought, not a good idea in reality. Most moderates and third party are center right or more right leaning, seldom has a Left leaning third party entered the legitimate mix. So any vote from the right to a third party is a vote taken away from the Republican candidate.

Again, in a non-swing state, this isn't true at all. My state's electorate is giving Obama 'my' vote no matter whose name I put on the ballot.

I'm NOT taking a vote away from Romney (which isn't a terrible thing anyway) since even if I DID vote for him- he wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

If the election was based on the popular vote- the case could be made for dividing parties in favor of a lost cause, but it ain't, so it can't.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:55am
That is the point. The message is lost in the morass of large state political dominance. NY will go Democrat no matter what, so the message of a vote for a third party is lost. Even out here in Nebraska, the urban centers of Omaha and Lincoln go Democrat, the rural counties go Republican, and the split sent to the electorial college is representitive. The all or none states are the problem.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:02am
Romney is a left leaning moderate. I won't vote for him. Either the GOP will start getting the message, or I'll start looking for real estate in Arizona.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:21am
I'm just going to leave this link to the Gary Johnson interview here incase anyone missed it. Start at 39:20

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:42am
Amazing how many 1%'rs this forum has... 

I remember Ross Perot, and at least he got on the stage for the debates. Flip chart for the win. Another 4 years for Clinton...

It would be interesting to see what would happen to American with another 4 years of Obama... You think it is bad now... heh, heh. Imagine if your energy prices doubled again...

Course part of the problem with youth is the way they think they "know better" than their elders. I remember being that age, and thinking that way too. 

Romney 50%
Obama 46%
Other 1% 
Undecided 3%

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 23 October 2012 at 10:46am
They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Course part of the problem with youth is the way they think they "know better" than their elders. I remember being that age, and thinking that way too. 

A: For every elder backing your idea, there's an elder opposing it. There are just as many liberal elders in politics as conservatives so it does no good to tell someone to listen to their elders. You should think for yourself and from your own experience.

B: I just really hate that phrase. Youth have alot of intellectual advantages and shouldn't be downplayed. You know what old people hate? Change.

C: Most people on this forum are in their 20s. Your extra decade or two hasn't created THAT big of an intellect gap ;)

I
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic