Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippman remote line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chmtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippman remote line
    Posted: 14 October 2012 at 5:21pm
I received my remote line and was able to hook it up and shoot it. It's awesome with it.
But, then today, I wanted to play with it again and show it off, but it looks like I was getting a air leak at the quick disconnect point 
Is there supposed to be an O ring in the quick disconnect? I can't remember. As soon as I turn on the tank, it leaks air like crazy. 
Is there another reason? Maybe there is not enough pressure because my tank is too low?
This gun is brand new along with the remote line.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:21am
I assume you have the Deluxe Remote.  If it's leaking between the quick disconnect & male fitting that is screwed into the tank adapter then you have a missing or damaged o-ring that fits down into the quick disconnect.  These will blow out if you disconnect the remote & there still pressure in the hose.  You can call our service department at 800 533 4831 & they will mail you one free of charge.  
chmtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 11:39am
Thanks. That's what I finally figured out. Just ordered 10 of them. I also ordered a slide check adapter so that hopefully won't happen again.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by chmtoy chmtoy wrote:

Thanks. That's what I finally figured out. Just ordered 10 of them. I also ordered a slide check adapter so that hopefully won't happen again.

Good idea on the slide-check. That'll prevent you from having any blowouts and also acts as an excellent secondary safety for your marker.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 11:16am
Look into the Tippmann Connect Line. It uses a push button release. Easier than a slide check with less maintenance.
chmtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 6:23pm
Given that I've already purchased the Tippmann quick connect, I may have to stick with it.
Should I be able to unscrew the top two pieces? I'm trying hard so that I can insert my slide check I just bought... and boy, they're tight... I don't want to break them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic