FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fitness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitness
    Posted: 11 October 2012 at 7:32pm
So I am doing a 12 week work-out program designed for college students. It was designed by Steve Cook, a known natural bodybuilder. So far I love how it works by isolating certain parts of the body and just burning those muscles up and then letting them have a week to recover. Here is the program.

I am currently on week 5 and I used the first 4 weeks to lose some fat, but now I'm looking to bulk up, but not with fat. I didn't want to do it, but I decided to give creatine a try. I know it's a lot of water weight, but I need that extra push at the end of my sets. I also still want to keep the fat down. I am going to try intermittent fasting (IF). IF isn't really a diet plan, as you will still eat your normal caloric intake. Basically you just have an 8 hour period for which you can eat food and 16 hours of just water. This is basically saying skip breakfast and eat only between lunch and dinner with snacks if you want. Or eat breakfast and lunch but not dinner. Not hard as many people already skip breakfast.

Here are some links about IF to give you knowledge why small meals spread throughout the day isn't necessarily the right way of eating.

I just started IF. I'm trying to drink at least a gallon of water everyday. I pee a lot. But so far the water keeps me full and it hasn't been hard to do. I also am lucky to have a good diet from my school where I eat a huge spinach salad with healthy toppings and olive oil as dressing. I also make sure to get my proteins through chicken, turkey, and fish. I also supplement with protein whey after workouts and casein before going to bed. I also make sure to take a multivitamin and fish oil everyday because you will never be able to eat enough cooked fish to get enough omega-3s.

tl;dr.... Get your workout on!

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 7:57pm
Hows the new Co-Rec?
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 8:16pm
Used it for the first time today. It's really nice, but tons of stuff is still under construction. Not to mention the TREC is open from 5:30a-11a and the CoRec is open from 11a-11p, which kinda sucks. Basically everything is new except for a few things transferred from the TREC. Grand opening is tomorrow. It's nowhere near being considered as complete, but it is useable for everything a person needs to workout.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic