FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vee Pee Debate Prediction Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:53pm
Gloves.now
Sent from a phone booth
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I'd say Biden is tearing him apart, but I'd also say he's being an ass.

Yeah, pretty much this. "Tearing apart" may be strong, but Biden is being Biden. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:35pm
I'd say Biden is tearing him apart, but I'd also say he's being an ass.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:33pm
Ryan is beating Biden like a drum... 

They tremble at my name...
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Omg does biden think that he's in a saturday night live skit? Laughing about issues with the implications of death on a mass scale is ridiculous.

He totally 180'd my expectation of him making ryan look less mature.

The moderator cutting off ryan and changing the subject twice in ten minutes was totally unprofessional.

She interrupted him once just because Biden laughed. I've had work place arguments more organized.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:25pm
Omg does biden think that he's in a saturday night live skit? Laughing about issues with the implications of death on a mass scale is ridiculous.

He totally 180'd my expectation of him making ryan look less mature.

The moderator cutting off ryan and changing the subject twice in ten minutes was totally unprofessional.
Sent from a phone booth
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:23pm
Is this a debate or a talk show?

Biden is being a sarcastic ass. Unprofessional in my opinion.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:08pm
Holy cow, first question dropped a bomb on Obama... Didn't expect that from the moderator. 

Joe laughing while our people are dying. Stay classy Joe...
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 7:40pm
Way to make me look bad.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 7:39pm
Ryan will mop the floor with gaffebiden...

Not even close, will be a blowout. Liberal moderator who invited Obama to her wedding will be very biased. 
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 6:51pm
Biden is kind of a joke. That said, I have no clue about Ryan.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:47pm
More like peepee debate.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:35pm
Ryan:1 Biden:0
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:17pm
To me the debates are more about learning about each candidates stances on various issues, not a sporting event with a winner and a loser.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:10pm
Anybody else planning on watching?

I think this debate is crucial to both campaigns for two reasons.

A: Obama and Romney are so close in terms of policies that they were having to argue minute percentages to get off common ground. They're both so moderate you could almost see them running on the same ticket as a third party and winning.

B: Both VP candidates are under a ton of pressure. If Biden loses this will square away the Romney Ryan ticket as being the mire organized ticket. That doesn't necessarily give them a sizeable lead but it could energize the Republican base and promote apathy among Dems. With this close of an election I think that Obama would be silly to dismiss the numbers.

But if Ryan lets Biden.box him into the ropes with his own Medicare policies Romney could lose the elderly vote and therefore Florida which I believe would destroy him. Romney can only afford to gain from this point on.

C: Both guys have history as being fairly competent on a podium.

My prediction? Biden wins, but not the way Romney tore into Obama. I don't see Ryan showing up to this debate unprepared to answer for his budget, but I see Biden as the more experienced, likeable guy. I don't think this debate will end with either side crushed, though the potential is there.

Despite his recent string of deep foot throating, I enjoyed listening to Biden when he campaigned in 08. But Ryan is no Sarah Palin...he's a very talented numbers man so Biden will need to attack him with personality.

Anyways, thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic