FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Satriani pedal / geetar thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satriani pedal / geetar thread
    Posted: 10 October 2012 at 12:57am
So for the guitarists on the forum.

I was messing around with my Marshall I posted a few weeks back and found a Vox Satchurator my buddy gave me for helping him move.

If you don't know what that is, it's Joe satrianis distortion pedal.

I decided to mess around with it and really I can't recommend it enough. It's really a versatile pedal. You can achieve low distortion tube screamer tones or disk it up to a satriani / vai level of distortion. It's especially useful if you have a low gain amp.

This is a clip through my Marshall

It's definitely not limited to the Satriani tone.

Otherwise, general guitar discussion thread.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:48am
I don't know how to play the guitar but my girlfriend left me hers, so my intention is to learn how to play some basic songs on it. I don't really know how to learn, so I figure I'll figure it out like I figure out everything -- read stuff on the Internet. 

There's a song by my favorite band in the world, Coffee Project, called "This is me getting over you in two chords or less." I'd kill to learn it. It's sort of my keeping sane goal as of late. 

I can't post the song because of language but it's on Youtube. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 10 October 2012 at 1:52am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 5:11pm
I'll check the song out tonight.

I'd say the internet is as effective way as any to learn guitar. Learn the fret numbers and string then you can start learning terms like bending, hammering, slides, chords, etc. Once you have a good feel for things grab a tab and start playing. If you tackle songs one bar at a time you'll learn pretty quick.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 6:53pm
I am taking banjo lessons. Nyah.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 6:59pm
^^^ Can you do the theme from Deliverance yet?
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 7:19pm
I recently aquired this bad boy:

Though I still play it through a cheap-o amp. 

Strato, if your Marshall ever "mystically disappears" for no apparent reason, don't ask questions. It was for your safety/health/general well-being.

edit: Actually, I know of a few people who have recently taken up playing the banjo. 

Edited by __sneaky__ - 10 October 2012 at 7:21pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 8:05pm
Haha that Marshall is so old it'd probably break in a move :P it's essentially hand built by the previous owner.

I need a big muff. Read into that what you will.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 8:35pm
I believe I may be getting a 25th anniversary ('79) fender strat in the near future. It will be interesting to play with a different sound than my Epi Les Paul for a change.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:30pm
For learning I will say I took 10 years of guitar lessons, from grade 2 right up until grade 10, but I found a program called guitar pro you can get tabs for online and by far I would say it is the best for learning songs. It will actually play the song using the tab and you can adjust the speed as well as practice certain sections by highlighting them and setting it to loop and slowly increase the speed. Definately something to check out if you want to try to learn specific songs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic