FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lol I so get FE now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lol I so get FE now.
    Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:43am
On another forum I'm on, an Airsoft one, someone posted the video in the Off Topic of that US soldier running down the hill and getting shot then calling for help to "distract the enemy gunners who had pinned his squad".

It has language in it so I won't post the link.

But they are all saying what a good soldier he was and how it was so brave and well done, and how, after I pointed out it was a total failure of military skills, no one can judge him unless we've been in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban.....

Lol. It is so much fun to rile them up.

After posting a couple of times to point out where he went wrong (EVERYTHING) and what he did right (NOTHING) and how this is a really good piece of video to show what shouldn't get done, two guys posted "I give up!" and left.

Armchair quaterbacking? Yes. That's the benefits of being able to watch videos in the safety of your house. Does that mean what is said is invalid? No. There are a bunch of real hard charging been there done that guys who have, if not the same, them very similar thoughts on the video.

Yeah, suddenly getting shot at messes up your OODA loop. Been there, done that. Doesn't justify pretending you are Rambo though.

But I honestly "get" how much fun FE can have simply by stirring the pot. I'll grant you he tends to stick to one or two very narrow lanes and tries to drag any discussion into them, but I understand why he does it.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:52am
I guess. 

It's sort of the reason I don't come here much anymore, though. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 5:37pm
That video should be viewed as embarrassing  to the U.S. Military at best. 

WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

That video should be viewed as embarrassing  to the U.S. Military at best. 

I agree, he was basically running through the open (not that there was any cover) alone and hardly shooting back at the enemy.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 12:15am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I guess. 

This. 

Trolling can be fun for short periods of time, but it doesn't speak highly of ones character. (Not taking a shot at FE, just making a broad statement.)
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

I guess. 

This. 

Trolling can be fun for short periods of time, but it doesn't speak highly of ones character. (Not taking a shot at FE, just making a broad statement.)

The problem with FE is that he backs up his statements entirely too much to be a troll. If he really is trolling he spends the vast majority of his time reading conservative commentary that he doesn't agree with in order to build an online persona. That dude has enough links to build a fence.

FE has one maddening, unforgiveable trait that I think has really earned him the combined groan of the forum every time he posts-you'll spend 10 minutes typing up a well thought out reply to his post and he'll completely ignore it to respond to someone who was obviously just messing with him.

He's not the only one that does it-it's a side effect of arguing with narcissists. I know a dozen people who do it in everyday conversation. FE is the key reason nobody likes to argue politics anymore.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 12:38am
I just noticed whales title lol
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 4:00am
It's actually just because he's too stubborn and old to accept anything new. He's no troll.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 9:18am
I think there is a difference between trolling and bringing up arguments. That isn't very clear I know, but there is arguing simply for the sake of it and arguing because you don't happen to fall in line with everyone else's opinion. Sometimes this is a bad thing and people really should get a clue, but other times the group with the different opinions really should lighten up.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 4:34pm
I've never been a "groupthink" guy... My world view shapes my opinions, and those opinions are often vastly different than many of the alternative opinions that filled this site. 

For example, look at the love for Obama back before the election. I tried to warn you guys that if you elected ALL liberals in the house, senate and Presidency, it would harm the country. 

And guess what. It has, in a massive scale. So much so that many of you who should be enjoying your first jobs in your careers are looking for work, and working jobs way below your skill level. 

Taking money from producers and wasting TRILLIONS has that effect on business. But, many of you have been brainwashed into believing the liberal viewpoints on things. Just this week I heard a poll that found that only 8 percent of the public believe the media anymore... 8 PERCENT. That means 92% have woken up to the fact that we are getting propaganda from our media. And yet, whale still doesn't believe it. 

Course, he has "unlimited perspectives" to draw from, so it must be weird to be so brilliant in all things... Where as I am down in the pig trough with my ideas. Or something. 

I find it funny how you guys want to censor my speech, or kick me off, only because I have a different world view than you. Funny as I never ask for any of you to get kicked off the board. There is no way I could actually BELIEVE what I write.

Must be that "tolerance" thing...

It is just a message board, don't take it so serious... Or maybe some of your world views are actually flawed?... Ever consider that... 

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 05 October 2012 at 4:37pm
They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:06pm
Meanwhile I'm getting dream work in the states and getting paid great money. Terk yer jerbs!
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:12pm
But that's because you're obama's mixed doubles tennis partner.

Sent from a phone booth
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

It is just a message board, don't take it so serious... Or maybe some of your world views are actually flawed?... Ever consider that.

Considered it? I guarantee it.

That's the trouble. A worldview is simply a way of reasoning out a concept. With politics, the vast majority of opinions come from untested classroom arguments. Conservatives argue that if we deregulate business will be able to thrive and function more naturally where liberals view unregulated business as a runaway train taking out entire towns wherever it lands.

But business has only rarely been completely unregulated and it's never been entirely regulated. So it's simply a clash of theories and that's fine because the vast majority of science is theoretical not factual.

But then there are people who believe their worldview too be infallible. They believe that, not only are they right, but that any attempt to oppose their worldview is an act of ignorance and aggression.

It's why the Drudgereport or (insert liberal news source) is full of angry, venomous mud slinging instead of polite dialectic. People that fail to see the their view is simply one of a thousand ways of skinning the same cat are typically violent in their narcissism because to them they view alternating onions in an almost phobic light.

My worldview changes every time I go to class. Conservatives call this "liberal brainwashing" I call it "learning."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

My worldview changes every time I go to class. Conservatives call this "liberal brainwashing" I call it "learning."

Exactly. I also think that FE has a very skewed personal perspective. It's like the dunning kruger effect of the political spectrum. He genuinely believes he is a free thinker, when all he does is regurgitate poorly thought out and paranoid points of view in the form of links and quotes.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I think I'm going to steal this from you. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

I think it's more for the beard than the political ideology. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:53pm

There are plenty of famous people with beards to choose from.

Edited by impulse418 - 05 October 2012 at 6:54pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:03pm

There are also a number of people on this board who are actually rather liberal, I'm just not sure I'd be one of them. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:22pm

There are also a number of people on this board who are actually rather liberal, I'm just not sure I'd be one of them. 

But stereotypes are fun.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:26pm
I swear to God(or FSM, if you relate to that better), we're not ALL crazy, you guys.

-One lonely conservative.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 05 October 2012 at 7:27pm
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic