FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

School text books-infused agenda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School text books-infused agenda
    Posted: 03 October 2012 at 11:42am
I find the liberal agenda that is etched into the design of school systems, the speech of instructors and in particular the text books absolutely grotesque.grotesque.
Sent from a phone booth
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 12:54pm
Can't tell if serious.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 1:03pm
Unequivocally serious
Sent from a phone booth
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 1:35pm
Statistics are a communist plot. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Statistics are a communist plot.†

i can't believe that you just called barack obama a communist.it is racist and you should be sued for libel.
Sent from a phone booth
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:19pm
Laptops were only invented to hide boners. I can prove it.

Do you have any specific/general examples of this liberal agenda etching? 
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:22pm
Yes
Sent from a phone booth
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:25pm
Fair enough.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 4:58pm
Interesting.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

Yes

MY WORLD VIEW IS FOREVER ALTERED!
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:51pm
Chemtrails are causing liberal hairdos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 2:23pm
Sent from a phone booth
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:25pm
It's like I've intentionally chosen my life's paths based on secret liberal plots. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:05pm

Iím going to somewhat reluctantly share just a few things that I have observed in college.

EVERY SINGLE instructor I have had outside of the sign language program have openly condoned and/or made light of smoking marijuana, growing marijuana, drinking alcohol and use foul language.  Ok so weíre all adults.  Thatís exactly the reason that foul language and such ILLEGAL topics should be refrained from. Do you want your future children hearing this garbage in school? The fact of the matter is that some students at my college are still in high school and under the legal age of adulthood. 

They also speak negatively about conservatives and are pushing political leaning on children that yes, are now old enough to wipe their own butts but they still need their parents to buy the toilet paper.  For Godís sake let these children that are still molding who they are develop their own ideologies without trying to steer political votes.

One day I joined a group of people which my wife is part of, that were studying for the nursing program and they were talking about how an instructor openly claimed that he preferred young children for sex.  Did anyone go to the Dean?  I have no idea but if I would have been there his head would have rolled.

My wife has heard unacceptable, sexual innuendos and arguable sexual advances in 90% of her classes.

The text books are pockmarked with liberal concepts and conveniently they steer a biased positive light on liberal figures and media outlets. There are alternative examples without interjecting politics into classes that have nothing to do with politics.  Iím not really taking count of such instances because I need to slalom around the political ideology to learn the content and receive an A in the class.  Iíd feel the same way if text books and/or instructors were trying to steer conservative votes.

In one text book, when I saw them shed positive light on the self-proclaimed Marxist, Van Jones. I almost lost it.

There are other things that concern me but my spiritual beliefs are not for consumption here.

Is my college in the minority?
Sent from a phone booth
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:24pm
There are christian colleges out there.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:29pm
I'll share my views as an instructor and a student. 

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

EVERY SINGLE instructor I have had outside of the sign language program have openly condoned and/or made light of smoking marijuana, growing marijuana, drinking alcohol and use foul language.

As a student: I've had some professors who are open about those things, some not so much. It's been completely varied. I've had professors ask if I wanted to go get high (bravecoward knows who I'm talking about), and I've had some professors who were so straight-laced they wouldn't say "damn." 

As an instructor: I don't talk about marijuana, mostly because I don't use marijuana. I talk about drinking, because I drink, and because it's legal. I don't curse in front of my students, best I can help it. 

Overall though, I don't see what it has to do with someone's political leanings? 

Quote Do you want your future children hearing this garbage in school?

In college? I don't really have a problem with it. Even for dual-enrollment programs, those students and those approving of their placement in the program should be aware that college is composed of adults who will talk about adult things. 

Now, if we were talking about IN a high school, this is a completely different conversation. 

Quote They also speak negatively about conservatives and are pushing political leaning on children

As a student: That stuff is going to vary from place to place. It does happen because, frankly, professors have opinions. And yes, professors are going to be able to speak openly about those opinions -- but as long as they don't grade based on those opinions, I'm fine with it. I've had diehard conservative political science and economics professors before who I've done fine in their class and had open dialogue with.

As an instructor: I don't discuss politics with my students, generally, unless it's on the topic of teaching them how to report on politics -- to which I keep everything as neutral as humanly possible. 

Quote For Godís sake let these children that are still molding who they are develop their own ideologies without trying to steer political votes.

Is it possible to discuss political ideas without it being "steering?" 

Quote One day I joined a group of people which my wife is part of, that were studying for the nursing program and they were talking about how an instructor openly claimed that he preferred young children for sex. 

What does this have to do with political ideology? 

Quote My wife has heard unacceptable, sexual innuendos and arguable sexual advances in 90% of her classes.

What does this have to do with political ideology? 

Quote The text books are pockmarked with liberal concepts and conveniently they steer a biased positive light on liberal figures and media outlets.

Like?

Quote In one text book, when I saw them shed positive light on the self-proclaimed Marxist, Van Jones. I almost lost it.

In what context was the reference being used? 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 7:34pm
I'm also referring to societal liberalism.

sorry but I'm not going back through a pile of text books.maybe I should have made notes on my concerns.

This isn't even about me. I'm concerned for the future of this nation. The garbage isn't going to influence me I'm too old and have been kicked around the block many times

Edited by Lightningbolt - 05 October 2012 at 7:37pm
Sent from a phone booth
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:10pm
Yes, because we all know college/ university is where you go to be sheltered from thoughts and ideas and activities that you aren't used to. It should be a safe, conservative haven where new ideas and progressive exploration are absent.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:27pm
I see what you're saying but it doesn't take away from the legitimacy of my concerns. The extra curricular garbage didn't exist 27 years ago when I was in college and the process of instructors teaching students was better in that respect. Obviously great strides in school related knowledge have happened since then.
Sent from a phone booth
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:46pm
It has been a long time since I was in college. I will say that most of the professors that taught my Criminal Justice courses and most of the Pre Law/Paralegal professors tended to be considerably more conservative than were most of my other professors. I don't remember any professors speaking about pot, but my gay German teacher with a Southern accent did invite all the students to the German restaurant every week and from my understanding tended to get very drunk.

I'll have to admit LB, you're a hell of a lot older than I thought you were.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic