FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

School text books-infused agenda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

To condone the use of an illegal drug, sexual advances, pedophilia. all completely legit stuff.

Do your own experiment. At your next company meeting stand up in front of the entire team and let everyone know how great smoking dope is.Be sure that the ceo is there.

In my job they would probably say "Yes, we all know, now shut up and sit down." As long as you don't do it at work/ don't bring it into the work place, they don't care.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 1:04pm
It's pretty obvious from your sentence construction that you've never paid much attention in school anyway.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:45am
Strat.I'm pretty much wrapped up with what I have to say. The things that you a are pointing to are in my mind liberal in concept and a morals issue.
Sent from a phone booth
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:56am
There's a whole lot of "get off my lawn" in this thread.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:43am
I guess I don't understand the point you're trying to make anymore. You've moved on from liberalism to moral degradation to professors hitting on your wife.

It sounds like you had a bad school experience and you're somehow reflecting that on the system in general. Someone hitting on your wife =/= the moral degradation of society. I've never had a professor who endorsed pedophilia, never had one who made sexual comments, etc, and I've had roughly 20 or 25 professors thus far.

And seriously, my dad's the only person I know who still refers to marijuana as dope.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:21am
This phone is so uncooperative. It's never too late.

I have a couple of different ways I could deal with this.I'll keep you posted on the two instructors that hit on my wife.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 08 October 2012 at 6:22am
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:10am
If this is such an extreme injustice that is ruining society, then why don't you?  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:01am
I don't need to. I could easily ensure that these instances would be real bad by going to the president of the school and my friends brother that owns about twelve television stations.
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:56am
You've seen the contract?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:55am

To condone the use of an illegal drug, sexual advances, pedophilia. all completely legit stuff.

Do your own experiment. At your next company meeting stand up in front of the entire team and let everyone know how great illegal drugs are.Be sure that the ceo is there and be sure to encourage others to indulge.

Keep us posted k

Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:35am

Do your own experiment. At your next company meeting stand up in front of the entire team and let everyone know how great smoking dope is.Be sure that the ceo is there.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 08 October 2012 at 5:52am
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 12:36am
I really doubt it's a breech of employee contract to make an off the cuff remark about marijuana.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 5:46pm
What I'm really pointing at is moral degradation. I think my strongest point is what is most likely a breech in employee contract in some of my points. What is this act in itself teaching students in a business communication class? Replace marijuana with heroin. I'm sure that there is information out there stating that there are actually some benefits to heroin. Who would I be to say what drugs are acceptable in a situation where they are used illegally?
Sent from a phone booth
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Choopie you're really twisting things to suit what you want to say.go back, re read the entire thread and tell me that it's about pot. Get over yourself

Sorry I don't mean to say the whole thing is about pot, just that the fact you are personally uncomfortable with things doesn't give any grounds for thinking the system is brainwashing people/ too liberal/ corrupt.

All my point is: Post-secondary education should encourage other points of view. You being opposed is 100% fine and should be heard, just as much as someone who is 100% for it, for any topic. It's how we learn.

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Gotta agree with this.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 07 October 2012 at 4:01pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 3:54pm

Choopie you're really twisting things to suit what you want to say.go back, re read the entire thread and tell me that it's about pot. Get over yourself

Sorry I don't mean to say the whole thing is about pot, just that the fact you are personally uncomfortable with things doesn't give any grounds for thinking the system is brainwashing people/ too liberal/ corrupt.

All my point is: Post-secondary education should encourage other points of view. You being opposed is 100% fine and should be heard, just as much as someone who is 100% for it, for any topic. It's how we learn.

I still stand by what I said though, you had a crappy team with a crappy idea, and still let the idea go through. That's a problem with the people you're working with/ yourself.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 3:15pm

Gotta agree with this.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 3:12pm
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 3:06pm
So you outnumbered the pothead 3 to 1 and you still went with her idea?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 2:49pm
So... you had a crappy team and let a stupid concept run free, and somehow the entire school system is brainwashing the youth into pot smoking crazies?

You need to get over it. Some of the most successful people in the world do it regularly, and clearly it hasn't turned them into space case idiots. My stance is pretty obvious on it and I'm doing better and better each month right now.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 6:34am
Why did the mushroom go to the party? Cause he was a FUNGI and didn't have a wee wobbler when anyone mentions grass.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic