FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haven't had one in a while:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haven't had one in a while:
    Posted: 01 October 2012 at 10:19pm
So, whatchu listnen to?!

and

The deluxe edition of "Babel" is totally worth it for their bonus track "The Boxer" featuring Paul Simon (who sang it originally with Art Garfunkle)
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 11:26pm

Obviously my taste in music never changes

Edited by stratoaxe - 01 October 2012 at 11:27pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 11:41pm
Been listening to the Black Keys a lot lately.
The Wombats.

Once a week I take a drive out to a farm to pick up Michigan Grass Fed sides of beef. I always look forward to it because they play this kind of music. The only alternative station in Detroit, waters down their lineup with a lot of hard rock and Kid Rock.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:35am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

The only alternative station in Detroit, waters down their lineup with a lot of hard rock and Kid Rock.

You, my friend, need a subscription to Sirus/XM. Their "altnation" channel has stuff about 6 months before it hits the broadcast stations.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:51am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

The only alternative station in Detroit, waters down their lineup with a lot of hard rock and Kid Rock.

You, my friend, need a subscription to Sirus/XM. Their "altnation" channel has stuff about 6 months before it hits the broadcast stations.

Altnation is the reason I have Sirius radio.

I really enjoy in the new Mumford & Sons album.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:06am

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Obviously my taste in music never changes 

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 11:06am
Big audio dynamite- e=mc2

Smiths- sheila take a bow

Edited by Lightningbolt - 03 October 2012 at 11:19am
Sent from a phone booth
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

I used to love XM radio. Ethel was my favorite radio station around. I think the music programming has gone downhill greatly since Sirius and XM merged.

Been listening to the new Mumford & Sons a little. Also:

Brendan Benson - the Light of Day

Dandy Warhols - I Am Free

Gaslight Anthem - 45

Garbage - Blood for Poppies

Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers - Love is the Road

Edited by Shub - 04 October 2012 at 6:02pm
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 6:11pm
The the - uncertain smile

A must have for the mp3 player. Studio version

The piano solo in the middle is just too good.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 07 October 2012 at 6:15pm
Sent from a phone booth
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 9:44pm
I lost my copy of Moby's "Play" a few years ago. Just downloaded it from iTunes. Good God I forgot how chill that album is! One of those few that you can just put on and let it play from beginning to end uninterrupted.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 12:37am
Tallen good call, I listened to a couple tracks off of Play the other day and felt the same. I also think it's interesting that you can go 5 years without hearing anything by Moby, then hear a song of his you've never heard before, and still almost instantly you know that it's him because his style is so distinct.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 3:14pm
Saw Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers live in Mexico. Put on a damn good show.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Saw Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers live in Mexico. Put on a damn good show.

I always liked the Refreshments. I saw Roger Clyne a few years ago in Pittsburgh, I have seen them every time they come into town. Three years running, currently.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:48am
I've been on a folk-punk kick for the last year. My tastes in music have really shifted a lot toward that, and it's shifted away from a lot of other stuff. I still like punk rock, and I've found a lot of good local stuff, but the scene here is so folk-punk driven that it really feeds my desire for it. 

I dunno. I feel like it has a lot of the same attitude and inner feeling that punk rock has, but without the silly care for aesthetics and scene politics. A lot of it is depressing, which I connect with as I work myself to death for something I love. 

This year at FEST, one of the bigger punk festivals in the country that also happens to occur here in Gainesville, one venue has dedicated an entire day to folk punk. 

Here is who I will be seeing on that weekend: 

In no particular order: 

The whole day comes to an end with Frank Turner, who has gotten huge in the last year: 

There's also a band playing called Andrew Jackson Jihad but none of their songs are forum appropriate. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 1:48pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 8:55pm

This song has popped back into my head lately.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic