Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Internal Upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Internal Upgrades
    Posted: 30 September 2012 at 7:00pm
Wow, I had a well written explanation of what I was after posted up and got a lame spam error, so, for time sake I'm going to dumb it down. I have searched the forum extensively, but haven't found information on all of these upgrades.

My gun is, for the most part, just fine. But if it's possible, I'd like to make it more accurate and efficient. I'm going to highlight some TechT upgrades, but I don't want to limit myself (or others) to these.

Starting with Velocity Spring sets, I wonder if anyone has had success here? Velocity is the name of the game besides good paint I reckon, but are the spring kits worth anything?

The overall opinion on the metal/aluminum Power Tubes seems low. So, if the overall opinion amongst the guru's is still this; I'm glad to stick with the old plastic power tube.

The Vortex Mod in conjunction with the Lightning Rod and Quck Exhaust Plastic Housing. I have an older model (serial begins with '2') Tippmann A5 that I've kept pristine over the years. The only problem is that I bend Guide Pins (part CA-15) and am currently after a solution. I run the first generation e-grip that has had the board upgraded once, years ago, by a Tippmann technician at a scenario game. Am I asking for trouble with this mod?

And last but certainly not least; the Zero Kick Hammer looks impressive. Is it all that it's cracked up to be?

kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:56pm
Ok, doing some more digging. I've seen too many poor reviews on the TechT Zero Kick, and I'm humbled at the thought that the firing rate as it is is well and good enough to get the job done. I saw a few posts through the forum in regards to the aluminum valve that have hindered my aspirations so I won't mess with it.

The real tough one is the velocity springs kit. I don't want to throw money away, but I want to do the most I can with my A5's.

I'm contemplating a full polish job with a cloth wheel and dremel handpiece to the rear bolt and inside of the frame halves. I think I'll replace the sear for good measure, along with all of the main springs and guide pin. Is there anything else I should pay specific attention to in terms of improving my markers?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 7:49pm
QEV on the cyclone will help get your ROF up. That's usually one of the first upgrades people make.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:31pm
Thanks, Tallen. The reviews and the price are both better than the TechT Complete Cyclone Feed Upgrade kit. I keep reading poor reviews on it, as well at the Zero Kick.

The standard tubing that's being replaced by the Palmer Pursuit is 1/16inch I believe, and there are two available options on tippmannparts.com. One is actually smaller at 1/16th and one is standard (I think) at 1/8th or 3/32. I have an older A5, and wonder if I should keep increased air flow to a minimum and stay on with the 1/16, although the 1/8 does seems to offer a little more in terms of options down the road. Both the same price. Any recommendations? http://www.tippmannparts.com/Tippmann-A-5-More-Performance-Upgrades-s/762.htm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic