FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best elections data available.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

I've said this for a while; obama is going four more.

Well if he does. 

Oh wait, that was today in CA...
They tremble at my name...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Well, and we got cell numbers in our packets in my data collections classes in college, but I was under the impression that Gallup and the like still used landlines exclusively.

Part of the hypothesis of why Rasmussen tends to skew right is because they still only use landlines for phone polls. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2012 at 9:08pm

I agree. Which is sad, because I originally said this would be a cake-walk for the republicans. I still think it would have been too, had the republicans managed to find a better candidate.

While I was working as a telemarketer, I did a political survey campaign for a while. I don't remember who had contracted the campaign, but we called cell phones and landlines both. Actually, I'm not sure there are many telemarketing campaigns anymore that don't have cell phone numbers in their database.

Edited by __sneaky__ - 06 October 2012 at 9:08pm
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 5:14pm
Obama is -0.5, Romney is +0.5 since the debate. It might shift a bit tomorrow, too. 

The debate brought a good bounce for Romney. I'll be interested to see how the next debate works out. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well if he does. 

You do realize that America has some of the cheapest retail gas in the world, and that it's only beaten out by countries that engage in massive direct government subsidy thereof?

American policies have kept gas prices very, very low by global standards, but GLOBAL market dynamics have had prices continuing to increase. You can hardly blame Obama for this. Prices were artificially low for some years due to the global recession, so any whining about gas prices that is univariate and isn't longitudinal for more than a couple years will fall flat on its face.

You could, of course, elect Republicans who will support an Israeli strike on Iran, watch the strait of Hormux get closed, and see what happens *then*... But I'll probably be too busy overseas at that point to come back and say 'I told you so'.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Well if he does. 

You do realize that America has some of the cheapest retail gas in the world, and that it's only beaten out by countries that engage in massive direct government subsidy thereof?

American policies have kept gas prices very, very low by global standards, but GLOBAL market dynamics have had prices continuing to increase. You can hardly blame Obama for this. Prices were artificially low for some years due to the global recession, so any whining about gas prices that is univariate and isn't longitudinal for more than a couple years will fall flat on its face.

You could, of course, elect Republicans who will support an Israeli strike on Iran, watch the strait of Hormux get closed, and see what happens *then*... But I'll probably be too busy overseas at that point to come back and say 'I told you so'.

This is complete BS.  There is always time to come back for an "i told you so" post.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 6:09pm
I think some type of conflict in Iran is probably inevitable.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 11:02pm
I just find it completely insane that
van jones was in the white house.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 07 October 2012 at 11:09pm
Sent from a phone booth
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Well if he does. 

This is complete BS.  There is always time to come back for an "i told you so" post.

I meant that if Mittens McChickenhawk ends up provoking a war I'll probably be stuck in it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 2:01pm
Curious what our liberal friends think of the polling today?... 
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 4:41pm

Curious what our liberal friends think of the polling today?... 
Pretty good

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 8:42am
Lol, New York Times... hahaha. 

Interesting how Gallup is now showing a +12 Republican shift... That is massive, and yet, neither one of your sources shows that at all... weird, huh...

I'm sure the media covering up Obama's failure in Benghazi won't affect the election... Or something.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 12:52pm

Interesting how Gallup is now showing a +12 Republican shift... That is massive, and yet, neither one of your sources shows that at all... weird, huh...

I'm sure the media covering up Obama's failure in Benghazi won't affect the election... Or something.

Meanwhile in New Jersey one of the most thought-of Republican Governors essentially flips Mitt the bird....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Meanwhile in New Jersey one of the most thought-of Republican Governors essentially flips Mitt the bird....

I think flipping Romney the bird is kind of strong...the reporter asked him about a photo op in the middle of a discussion about disaster relief efforts. He said he didn't give a Damn about politics and praised Obama for his help, both of which were pretty classy moves.

The media headlines are trying to politicize most anything right now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 1:10pm
I love how personal FE takes this stuff.  
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 9:20pm
So FE, you're saying more registered republicans are planning on actually voting this time compared to last time? Amazing!  But as for the Benghazi comment, I'm glad you think presidents shouldn't be re-elected if a terrorist attack happens on their watch, now to set my time-machine to 2004..... 

Edited by rednekk98 - 30 October 2012 at 9:22pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 10:18pm
Terrorist attacks happen... That is life.

What is different is that Obama had unmanned drones flying over Benghazi that showed LIVE footage of the attack as it went on, and the local CIA operatives were told to STAND DOWN and not help the people at the embassy...

One disreguarded that order, and went anyway, and then after he helped save a bunch of lives, he then put his laser on the mortar attackers, and called in support.

And again the Obama administration did nothing. (empty chair) and what happened? the SEAL died from that mortar group...

The blame for that falls directly on the shoulders of Obama. He left them to die, for 7 hours, with NO help. We had special forces in the area that could have been sent there, but Obama didn't.

Big difference between a quick terrorist attack, and ignoring 7 hour attack and doing NOTHING.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 10:41pm
I do believe I read somewhere yesterday that it wasn't only CIA operatives that wanted to get there to help. I believe isaw that when the WH got word of the impending/potential attack(2+ hours ahead of time), a full SF A team requested permission to go as well, and were denied. That's on top of denying extra security that had been requested on multiple occasions in the weeks leading up to the attacks.

Most of the time I separate myself from FE, but I think it's disgusting the lack of coverage being given to the utter failure on our governments part that led to the deaths of innocent Americans.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 11:10pm
But the 9/11 attacks didn't just come down to "we got hit." We knew there was chatter, we had warnings, we ignored.

This is where you run into problems playing the blame game no matter what your political persuasions.

When Bin Laden was killed and Obama "took credit," the right was up in arms.He had nothing to do with it, he just gave the okay, etc.

But now something bad happens in the same distant region of the world and itsentirety his fault, process be damned.

I've said it a million times-you won't win an election by firing accusations off full auto at your opponent, you win it by methodically picking your shots. If you bombard the American people with a million accusations, just as the left did under Dubya, the people will see you as whiny.

The other problem is that, in issues such as this, they're going to run straight to your past failures. This is a never ending argument of accusations.

So apply the conspiracy theory test. What did Obama stand to gain by purposely allowing American diplomats to die and right before an election no less?

So I believe it's fairly likely he didn't purposely allow this incident to happen for some sinister reason, and by that logic I see it as a possible mistake at worst, but really I'm in no position to judge because I about as much about strategic reaction as I know about nuclear reaction (not alot.)

Mistakes that cost lives are tragic, but they happen every day in the countries were wage war in at the cost of thousands of lives. I don't see conservatives lined up to crucify military leaders.

But time will tell, I could always be entirely wrong. Regardless, there are more pressing issues that are being entirely ignored every time the GOP tries to bring an issue like this to the forefront.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 7:30am
Anyone who thinks they know all of the facts about things like that, especially in cases where CIA and SF are involved, is a moron. Your security clearance does not go that high.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic