FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bum Wine/Drank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bum Wine/Drank
    Posted: 25 September 2012 at 6:14pm
I recently turned 21 and since then, my drinking habits have changed. Among other things, I try to stay away from crappy beers like Keystone and I try to buy more palatable beers (although in all honesty, I really like High Life. I find it better than any of the domestic lagers in the range). However, I have a new fascination: Bum Wine. 

Why bum wine? I don't know. I enjoy the guessing game of buying cheap things that might taste good (or taste like it is made from cats). With that said, I tried MD 20/20 and Boone's Farm which I both found tasty. Until I stopped into a fancy new liquor store next to the Juvie center a few blocks into the hood and picked up this gem:

I bought red. Tastes terrible. 

Point of the thread is, what terrible, craptastic alcohol have any of you bought in your day. One of these days I will buy Keystone not-Light when I find it.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 6:22pm

Worst drink I have ever put to my lips.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 6:34pm
There are very few beers I will spend double the money for instead of buying something really cheap(Keysone/Coors light).

Liquor wise, Burnette's was a staple for me in college. If I didn't want to spend $15 on a fifth of Two Fingers tequila, I'd buy a fifth of that. A couple of the flavors I was ashamed to be seen buying tasted like soda, was willing to take the risk of being embarrassed for super cheap, stomach able 80 proof
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 6:58pm

This is the good stuff, Buckfast tonic wine (the manufacturers strenuously point out that the term "tonic" does not imply healthgiving or medicinal properties.) Commonly known as "wreck the hoose juice" or "electric soup". It send you a bit wild. 15% abv with more caffeine drop for drop than Red bull.  I still drink this pretty regularly as for a pre booze it's awesome.

To the tune of "never fall in love again"
"What do ye get when ye drink the [tonic] wine? 
A hunner pound fine an'a year's probation, 
A kick in the baws at the Polis station. 
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine agaaaaiiin! 
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!"

I've served my time on the MD20/20 boat as a bairn. The worst is the cheeaaapp cider. It tastes like liquid toenails with burnt arse. But it gets the job done so I have made repeat purchases in my time.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

To the tune of "never fall in love again"
"What do ye get when ye drink the [tonic] wine? 
A hunner pound fine an'a year's probation, 
A kick in the baws at the Polis station. 
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine agaaaaiiin! 
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!"

Okay, how many other people, besides me, tried singing that out loud with a bad Scottish accent?

On topic:

Way back when I was in high school, there was a local grocery chain that sold a store brand wine in containers very similar to today's plastic milk jugs.  The had very obviously in store printed labels that said "WINE" in large block capital letters then had either "Red" or "White" in parenthesis below.  There was nothing else on the label.

It was 99 cents/gallon.

I don't think I was ever brave enough to give it a try.

Edited by Mack - 25 September 2012 at 7:42pm
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 8:01pm
$11 bottle of tequila. Oooof.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:53am
Please drink craft beer, preferably something made within 50 miles of you.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:29am
I'm hard pressed to think of any reason to drink something other than High Life. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 4:11am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I'm hard pressed to think of any reason to drink something other than High Life. 
High life in a bottle is the ultimate camping and boating beer. So refreshing.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 7:27am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

But only until they become popular
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I like this one special craft brew you've probably never heard of it. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 10:46am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

High life in a bottle is the ultimate camping and boating beer. So refreshing.

Also good for: 

• Coming home after a long day. 
  • Coming home after a good day and celebrating. 
  • Watching football on the TV. 
  • All of the times. 

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 10:59am

[QUOTE=mbro> [QUOTE=agentwhale007> I'm hard pressed to think of any reason to drink something other than High Life. [/QUOTE> High life in a bottle is the ultimate camping and boating beer. So refreshing.[/QUOTE>
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">Also good for: <div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
  • Coming home after a long day. 
  • Coming home after a good day and celebrating. 
  • Watching football on the TV. 
  • All of the times. 

So very true. High Life and Coors Banquet are the two "common" beers I'll drink. Just can't do Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, MGD or Coors Light, but for some reason, High Life and Coors Banquet are passable to me. Go figure.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 11:24am
To me, High Life was a 'premium' beer back in its day, and is now cheap since it fell out of the limelight. I like it a lot, and it is one of the cheaper beers available (around $18 and change for a 30 pack with tax). A win/win for me.

For "craft" beers in my area, I drink Yuengling. I know that is nothing like a craft beer, but it is made in my area and tastes good and is more expensive than generic beers. 

Anyway, the point of the thread is to discuss the terrible crap you drank in your life. 

and mack: I am surprised you could buy wine at the grocery store during prohibition.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

]and mack: I am surprised you could buy wine at the grocery store during prohibition.
I think he's talking about before the prohibition laws were passed.

Edited by usafpilot07 - 26 September 2012 at 1:56pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:11pm
Everclear.

/thread
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:19pm
Back in the day I would buy a gallon of heaven hill vodka ($10) and a two liter of Minute maid pink lemon aid. It was my drink before I liked the taste of beer.

Now I just alternate between Miller Lite and Miller High Life with the occasional Old Milwaukee or Amber Bock on the side.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:48pm

Funnels are your friend when buying cheap/crappy beer. 

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:14pm
Andres pink champagne and whatever cheap vodka we could get ahold of. Girls dug it.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic