Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vertical adapter with 98 custom pro?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phenomic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phenomic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vertical adapter with 98 custom pro?
    Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:31pm
I recently obtained a 98 custom pro w/ act.  I want to transfer my Palmers/Vertical adapter and rva to it from my regular 98 custom.

I am wondering how can I use the vertical adapter with the custom pro.  there are no screw threads in the valve body to screw it into.  I assumed I could transfer over my valve from my other gun but there are new screw holes to secure it to the side of the marker.

Maybe I am missing something?

Also will the rear velocity adapter work? It doesnt have the same surface as the custom pros rear piece but it does fit.
Aim:pHEnomIC69

98 Custom: R/T, 14inJJ, 12vRev, Drop, and more.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 10:43pm
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think the Pro and Platinum series will accept the old "Custom" parts. I know your RVA won't work with the ACT since the ACT needs the extra holes for the extra spring. Not 100% sure on the vertical adapter, but looking at pictures of the valve, it seems unlikely.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 1:58pm
Is your new marker a Platinum Series?  If so then the vertical adapter from a 98 Custom will not interchange with it and you will need to buy a Platinum Series Vertical Adapter Kit.  

If they are both non-Platinum 98 markers then the vertical adapter will & regulator should swap over without a problem.  

Platinum Series have a split receiver & the gas-line holds the valve in place, which eliminates the two valve retaining bolts.  For your reference here's a video on how to take a part a Platinum Series http://youtu.be/97170WoXyQs 

As for you RVA -   If it's not drilled to accept the A.C.T. springs then it won't work.
phenomic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phenomic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 11:55pm
I ended up using a valve from a normal 98 custom which had the threads for the vertical adapter.  I had to sand out a ridge in the power tube and also had to file out some parts of the receiver halves to fit it in.

I got a different rva that has a hole for the ACS bolt.

Works flawlessly.
Aim:pHEnomIC69

98 Custom: R/T, 14inJJ, 12vRev, Drop, and more.
kendall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kendall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 5:58pm
Nice. Pictures of your work? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic