FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fly like an E-6....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly like an E-6....
    Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:37pm
Woot, good day for me. Eight and a half years in now, and this evening I was promoted to our equivalent of E-6; essentially formalizing the job I've done for three years now. For us it's a big deal in that there's a divide between junior and senior NCOs that I've now crossed. 25, and I'm now a Sergeant- young for us.

Just one of those nice little triumphs we all like to share form time to time...

TL; DR- my boss is high.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:39pm
Congratulations.

Of course, this means your social circle, at least in the Canadian military, is now limited to NCOs.

So that leaves you what . . . like four people you can be friends with?  Big smile
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:59pm
Congrats! Great success has befallen many a member (myself included) recently. It is exciting to accomplish goals such as this.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Congratulations.

Of course, this means your social circle, at least in the Canadian military, is now limited to NCOs.

So that leaves you what . . . like four people you can be friends with?  Big smile

I'm not sure there's much mingling between the branches. He might just be the only person in his social circle.

Good luck commanding your platoon. At least you can all fit in the same Humvee.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 1:47am
Sounds like the divide between junior/senior NCO is more like the divide between NCO and SNCO, right?
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

At least you can all fit in the same Humvee G-Wagon.

Fixed that for you.

Oh, and Congrats Bri! Big smile

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 09 September 2012 at 3:18am
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:16am
Congrats Bri.  What size unit does that put you in leadership of?  
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 10:53am
Funny part is I've been doing a Sergeant's job for three years now anyway- commanding a 'rifle section', what you guys would call a squad.

Now that I'm promoted I've been moved more into a training and operations spot that they're getting me on full time contract for. Because of my urban ops instructor course, they want me to plan our rifle company's urban ops training for the four months after Christmas. So I'll be working on that between now and the break. On the operations side I help get guys tasked to different employment, courses, support jobs, etc outside of our unit. And I still have the recruiting job as well. So it's a good mixed bag of headquarters duties that gives me some different experience and hopefully lets me directly impact the quality of training for over a hundred guys. I think that's kinda cool.

I'm hoping that I'll still get to go out and play with the company on some weekends when they're training; there are always some guys who can't make it. But I was told that because of the time I already have on that side I need to make room for the next junior leaders coming up so they can get their turn in the hot seat. It sucks, but they're right.

Depending on how things go for my  civilian career ambitions I may or may not be around a whole lot longer, so from here they're trying to get as much as possible out of me while waiting to see where I end up. That's far.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:11am
Are you guys still in Afghanistan?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 12:39pm
In a much diminished capacity, yes. It looks like our mission will be over before my area's due for another rotation. My unit has a couple guys over, but they're in staff officer positions. It's hard to get deployed as a reserve infantryman these days.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic