Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Painting miniture again.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painting miniture again.....
    Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:12pm
Well just plain tired of painting. I do a few stands a day, top to bottom and terrain them and call it good for the day. But the shere numbers are killing me. For some reason I am rebuilding a 1944-45 Soviet Force in FoW 15mm, as well as a Soviet Red Army Infantry Company in the 28mm Bolt Action Infantry miniture game soon to be released.

80 bases of 4 figures apiece in the 15mm FoW Soviet infantry, 30 T-34's, crew served weapons and artillery.. a never ending project, and still a whole box of infantry, 130 figs to assemble and base. Our Kursk to Berlin tourney begins in October, 6 sequential battles, and a final battle over Berlin itself.

The 28mm is far easier on my eyes as I can see the details, I went with preassembled for the most part plastic rather than white metal, cheaper and crisper features. The game rule set V2 is due out 20 Sept and our LGS is planning a show/play day the first weekend. An interesting game concept, rather than a Igo-Ugo game a game based on initiative, training, and moral determining play sequence. In our test game my Soviets (two squads of 5 with a sergeant each(1 rifle squad, 1 SMG squad), my junior officer (Lt), a anti-tank rifle team of 2 men, a DP-27 LMG team of two, and a maxim MMG team of 3)did not get to do anything till the 5th sequence in turn 1, while the Germans were moving and shooting all over. Only thing that kept me in the game was my one medium machine gun forcing them to go around instaed of through. My anti-tank rifle did manage to kill thier officer at extended range, a 14.5mm sniper rifle, my opponant will not duplicate that mistake any time soon, standing on a 'hill' for added moral roll purposes, thinking he was out of range.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:57pm
I keep threatening to break out my miniatures again.

It just doesn't ever seem to happen though.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 5:19pm
I haven't been playing Warhammer the last month or so, because other things have taken up my time now on gaming night.

Also in the process of revamping my eldar.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 6:25pm
I have understood 0 words in this thread.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 10:13am
I got nostalgic and checked out expanding my Tyranid army. Then I saw the prices and  remembered why I stopped buying those things...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 11:38am
The price wars are on big time in the 15mm and 28mm military minitures. Battlefront/FoW had the market with resin and metal in 15mm at $13.00 per individual vehicle and $22 per platoon (30figs +/-) on Infantry. Plastic Soldier came in and you can get 5 tanks for $26, and 130 Infantry for $24.
Better quality than the resin/metal of BF/FoW too.
So what does Battlefront do, unless you use thier product you can NOT play in thier sponsired tourneys, so folks are saying fine and going elsewhere, how to commit bussiness suicide I guess.

In the 28mm military minitures, Plastic Soldier also came in and produced a nice product for up to 1/3rd the price of the resin/metal competators. 57 28mm plastic Infantry for $27, as compared to the metal/resin 12 Infantry for $44.

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 1:04pm
De Trevni, yeah I have that problem every once in a while. I've got a barely passable SM army, then switched to IG, have like half a command squad, and stopped. Every time I want to do the IG I balk at how much more expensive things are since last time.

I've checked out a couple of other gaming systems, like FOW, but it hasn't caught my attention.

OS, yeah a couple of gaming systems do that. For Warhammer 40K you have to use Gamesworkshop/Citadel or Forge world.

Heck inside the Gameworkshop/Citadel range you can only use Lord of the Rings models in LOTR battles. You can't even use other GW/Citadel models. (they are a slightly different scale, but you can always make do)

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 25 August 2012 at 1:06pm
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 12:00pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I have understood 0 words in this thread.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I got nostalgic and checked out expanding my Tyranid army. Then I saw the prices and  remembered why I stopped buying those things...

see, that's why I played Microarmor. Cheap-ish, and when you're fielding an entire battalion of Panzer Mk IV's, you can get away with hitting them all with a coat of rattle-can splashed cammo.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic