Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another one. Eesh.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Offline
Points: 5500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another one. Eesh.
    Posted: 24 August 2012 at 11:40am
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/24/13455394-several-people-shot-outside-empire-state-building?lite

TL;DR somebody opened fire in NYC in front of the Empire State Building. 

INB4: Obama, Bloomburg (but I really, really dislike that guy anyway), 2A rights, NYC is a crappy place anyway, abortion, god, terrorists, Chik-Fil-A, etc.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 11:48am
The reports I've read have said that the guy had either been laid off, or knew he was about to be laid off, and was waiting to ambush his boss outside of the building to kill him. 

Is it weird that I find that only slightly less disconcerting than the Colorado theater situation? The guy, at least, had a target of some kind as opposed to randomly spraying to kill as many as possible. 

Still an awful, awful situation though. 


Edited by agentwhale007 - 24 August 2012 at 11:48am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 12:47pm
If they had stricter gun control, this never would have happened.

Seriously though, it's a shame that people died because of some wacko.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:19pm
Stricter gun control would have stopped it

More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

global warming is obviously the cause.

Que pasa?


Back to Top
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Joined: 08 March 2005
Location: United States
Status: Online
Points: 4927
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:24pm
I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet on this one.  The story said 2 were killed and one of those was the shooter.  Who knows, maybe the other was his boss who could have been a huge dick.  
Back to Top
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 12 June 2002
Location: Your Face
Status: Offline
Points: 1253
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:27pm
I'm pretty sure the boss died along with the shooter. I think he was also a member of the Occupy the Tea Part movement.


Edit* I wonder how many victims were accidentally shot by the police?

Edited by deadeye007 - 24 August 2012 at 1:32pm
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Back to Top
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Under Your Bed
Status: Offline
Points: 10951
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:34pm
Yeah, 2 dead, one of which was the shooter. No, it's not strange that it's less disturbing than Aurora. If it had happened in the projects or a trailer park over someone sleeping with someone else's wife, or someone owing someone else money, you wouldn't be reading about it.

Olympics are over, I think most people are tired of politics at this point, and Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Iran are all old-hat, so the 24hour news media is jumping all over every incident they can.

Apparently it was somehow news here in the DC Metro area when some guy out in Martinsburg, WV was jogging on a public sidewalk in his MOLLE gear with an orange-tipped dummy rifle, ruck sack, and empty mags to stay in shape while on terminal leave from the Army.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4786
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:39pm
Well, it is a good thing that only the officers and the criminal were armed... Because clearly the officers would be able to take him down without anyone else being hit by their bullets. 


Oh wait. 

Looks like the officers actually did accidentally shoot some bystanders...

We better just ban CCW anyway, since the cops clearly would never just shoot into a crowd if they might hit someone innocent. 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 November 2010
Location: Phx, AZ
Status: Offline
Points: 1651
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:47pm
Meh
Back to Top
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
1 strike, language, 10/3

Joined: 30 May 2004
Location: PA
Status: Offline
Points: 10458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:28pm
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

My local news reported this:


It's pretty much the same thing. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, it is a good thing that only the officers and the criminal were armed... Because clearly the officers would be able to take him down without anyone else being hit by their bullets. 


Oh wait. 

Looks like the officers actually did accidentally shoot some bystanders...

We better just ban CCW anyway, since the cops clearly would never just shoot into a crowd if they might hit someone innocent. 


What is your argument here?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Joined: 16 June 2002
Location: My Hiding Spot!
Status: Offline
Points: 9192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:16pm
Back to Top
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Joined: 14 October 2008
Location: Trails Of Doom
Status: Offline
Points: 4786
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, it is a good thing that only the officers and the criminal were armed... Because clearly the officers would be able to take him down without anyone else being hit by their bullets. 


Oh wait. 

Looks like the officers actually did accidentally shoot some bystanders...

We better just ban CCW anyway, since the cops clearly would never just shoot into a crowd if they might hit someone innocent. 


What is your argument here?


Just pointing out the obvious. In the theater shooting, liberals were spouting off about how if there were ccw people in the crowd then people would have missed the shooter and injured innocents. 

Because CCW's people aren't capable of handling a firearm like a highly trained officer who would never shoot an innocent person, when aiming at a criminal.


Except... Anytime ANYONE fires a gun, someone innocent could get shot. It is part of the danger in our society when criminals run rampant, as they don't have to worry about the public being able to protect themselves. 
They tremble at my name...
Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:


Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, it is a good thing that only the officers and the criminal were armed... Because clearly the officers would be able to take him down without anyone else being hit by their bullets. 


Oh wait. 

Looks like the officers actually did accidentally shoot some bystanders...

We better just ban CCW anyway, since the cops clearly would never just shoot into a crowd if they might hit someone innocent. 


What is your argument here?



Just pointing out the obvious. In the theater shooting, liberals were spouting off about how if there were ccw people in the crowd then people would have missed the shooter and injured innocents. 

Because CCW's people aren't capable of handling a firearm like a highly trained officer who would never shoot an innocent person, when aiming at a criminal.


Except... Anytime ANYONE fires a gun, someone innocent could get shot. It is part of the danger in our society when criminals run rampant, as they don't have to worry about the public being able to protect themselves. 
I think that CCH is one of the few conservative ideals we see exactly eye to eye on, but that's a terrible argument in favor of it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 7:05pm
Definitely a terrible argument. Not to mention it was in Manhattan. At 9 am. There are retarded amounts of people there at 9 am....
Que pasa?


Back to Top
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Ask me about my Kokido

Joined: 25 July 2002
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 4028
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 1:30am
I don't see this as any more than a murder. A stupidly public one, but a murder.

People do that all the time.
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Back to Top
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Joined: 08 March 2005
Location: United States
Status: Online
Points: 4927
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 5:34am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Well, it is a good thing that only the officers and the criminal were armed... Because clearly the officers would be able to take him down without anyone else being hit by their bullets. 


Oh wait. 

Looks like the officers actually did accidentally shoot some bystanders...

We better just ban CCW anyway, since the cops clearly would never just shoot into a crowd if they might hit someone innocent. 


What is your argument here?


Just pointing out the obvious. In the theater shooting, liberals were spouting off about how if there were ccw people in the crowd then people would have missed the shooter and injured innocents. 

Because CCW's people aren't capable of handling a firearm like a highly trained officer who would never shoot an innocent person, when aiming at a criminal.


Except... Anytime ANYONE fires a gun, someone innocent could get shot. It is part of the danger in our society when criminals run rampant, as they don't have to worry about the public being able to protect themselves. 

I am a proponent of carrying firearms, however consider this.  It's a big crowd, everyone is CCWing.  The guy shoots his boss, and all of a sudden 50 people draw their handguns and fire 2 shots.  That's a lot of lead flying through the air and I would bet that more than 11 people would have been shot in the confusion. 
Back to Top
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
PHAT and PLAT

Joined: 10 July 2002
Location: Dean's List
Status: Online
Points: 4890
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 8:29am
People get shot every day lay off the koolaid you'll become a better man.
Sent from a phone booth
Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Definitely a terrible argument. Not to mention it was in Manhattan. At 9 am. There are retarded amounts of people there at 9 am....


I had written out a really well thought out follow up to this, but after about 30 tries, I can't get it through the spam filter.

The tl;dr is CCH is for personal protection, not emergency response. Civilians are not trained to respond to emergencies.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.281 seconds.