Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Todd Akin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 9:14am
Huffpo...

Yeah, love how they spin what he said. They shouldn't have put the video on it, if they were going to change what he said in the story...

So if you were the child of a rape, should you be killed, or were you not actually conceived in that act of rape? The child didn't have anything to do with it, why does the child get destroyed?...

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

As I have said before, one of my high school friends was the product of a rape, (he even looked like his moms attacker). 

Another example of huffpo changing the storyline to bash Republicans, wow, I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you!

They tremble at my name...
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 8:51am
Clap
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 7:57am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 4:59pm
This forum is making my run at political apathy difficult.

Fact of the matter is-

Todd Akin's a dope- enough that the main stream Republicans want to distance themselves from him and his idiocy.
But the left doesn't want to recognize that because they've got gold in their hands and will do anything they can to make sure that the public thinks that's how ALL people on the right think.

Its turned something as serious and disgusting as rape into a political game, another reason I'm finished with all of it.

Now let me put my head back in the sand. Wake me when this November's auction is over.

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 12:55pm
Dont chum the water if you want to keep the sharks away.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

And clearly every website you read and news you see is right Wong. They don't even come close to hiding it. 

I don't know what this is and I am afraid to ask.

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Please, mods, please. Just moderate already!

I can't speak for the other mods, but I am not "moderating already" because after having looked back through the pages of this thread it got to this point through the natural progression from Idiot-reps statement through an observation on the difference in the way the general media treats the opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Part of moderating is knowing when not to interfere.

As pointed out by someone else, those that wish to keep the topic closer to the original subject can always refrain from responding to the non-applicable posts.

Part of foruming is knowing when not to post.

Edited by Mack - 25 August 2012 at 12:04pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by FE FE wrote:

It has everything to do with the topic at hand... We are talking about what Akin said. And the left is clearly painting the republican party as the party of if you get raped, you have to have the child. 

Even you can't make those two things connect in a logical manner. You're stretching your neck to justify spamming every thread with the same tired crap.

I used to understand letting FE get away with this crap because, as a general rule, if you ignore trolls they go away. But he spams it regardless of whether or not you respond and clutters up the threads with useless ranting.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 5:31am
Baiting the troll?  He's a master.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Can we get some mods to do their friggin jobs? We ignored his spammy crap here for a couple pages until BB just had to respond and now look at the thread. This discussion was making progress.

I'm sorry, if you can teach me the strength to ignore, I will, sensei.

Repeat after me, "I will not bait the Troll, I will not bait the Troll, I will not bait the Troll...."
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 8:57pm

Can we get some mods to do their friggin jobs? We ignored his spammy crap here for a couple pages until BB just had to respond and now look at the thread. This discussion was making progress.

I'm sorry, if you can teach me the strength to ignore, I will, sensei.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 7:59pm

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:58pm
No, he should not have been aborted because he is the child of a rape. His mother should have the ability to make that choice for herself.

Edited by jmac3 - 24 August 2012 at 3:59pm
Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:41pm
It has everything to do with the topic at hand... We are talking about what Akin said. And the left is clearly painting the republican party as the party of if you get raped, you have to have the child. 

Obama and the media want to paint the republicans as out of touch with the country as rape is clearly a touchy subject. 

To pretend that this isn't manufactured political drama is silly. 

Besides, if the conservatives are "extreme" and yet Obama just had the DNC change their stance on abortion to the degree that they have, and that isn't also "extreme" then why even discuss anything?

If the far right is extreme, then the far left is also extreme. 

As I have said before, one of my high school friends was the product of a rape, (he even looked like his moms attacker). 

According to the democrats, he should have been aborted because of the crime of his father. 

He disagrees with that position...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 24 August 2012 at 3:42pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:32pm
Broken record mohr plz.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:21pm
I seriously think FE is bordering on spam with this stuff. Your liberal conspiracy has nothing to do with the topic-we're discussing the implications of what is almost universally accepted as a hurtful, offensive comment. Anything else needs to go in another thread.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 3:16pm
Well, we have had years worth of liberal control, of our media and the government and clearly we are so much better off than we were years ago... 

Oh wait...

maybe they need 4 MORE years? What is the "goal" of the next election anyway, I've not heard from Obama what he "needs" to fix the economy and the country, all I hear is bashing the "other" side from the media and the left.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Everything is about liberal conspiracy with you, isn't it?

And it's a shame, because I thought a pretty good conversation was going on about rape culture in the U.S. Even if I didn't agree with some of it, it's an interesting dialogue to have. 

But, as what happens when a thread gets spammed and diverted into abortion, the media, and general tin foil, I'll most likely click back to the index after making this post and ignore the thread henceforth. There's no point. It'll be the same links and the same silliness that's been spammed for years now. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:15pm
Yeah, if a republican was President, we would be seeing stories about how our gas prices are KILLING the economy. Stories on the Billions lost through the republican push on solyndra and all the other failed green companies funded by the stimulus. And how Obamacare took 700 billion from medicare...

but, since it is the party they love. They cover it up. 

And whale yawns predictably, as he figures they are just overworked or lazy or something...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 2:01pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:53pm
Wouldn't you think a right leaning news station would want a democrat in office, so they could report on everylittle thing the president does wrong, instead of defending him. Its a company, they want profits, nothing more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic