Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I can finally reclaim my childhood!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 6:41am
I dunno. Link to the Past was absolutely terrific, no doubt, but at the same time, looking back, I just don't see how anything was really "lost" in OoT.

Haven't played Shadow Complex.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 7:23am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

ITT: Old folks being video game hipsters.

Careful, one of us old folks may crush your pinky toe with our walkers.

Edited by Ceesman762 - 22 August 2012 at 7:29am
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 7:24am
:P
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 8:06am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Haven't played Shadow Complex.

Got it all, doors that only open to certain ammo types, space jump, speed dash through enemies, etc. Even the map system from the Metroid-Vania style games. Best XBL Arcade pick-up you'll ever find.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 11:40am
Link to the past was fun, but so was OoT.

I LOVED my Sega growing up. Sonic, Mortal Kombat(which according to Wiki, was the reason for the creation of the ESRB), and Zobies Ate my Neighbors are still some of my all time favorite games.

Street fighter, Power Rangers, etc, all great. Few games since have held my attention like those.

As far as Nintendo? I always loved Super Mario, Ninja Turtles(So hard!), and Duck Hunter
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 7:52pm
N64 man. N64. Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, and Super Mario 64.

Edit: Mario Cart and Diddy Kong Racing are also mentionable. So many memories...

Edited by Rofl_Mao - 22 August 2012 at 7:53pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Edit: Mario Cart and Diddy Kong Racing are also mentionable. So many memories...

I wondered who would be the first one young enough to vote N64.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 8:13am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I wondered who would be the first one young enough to vote N64.

Yeah, I was in High School when the PSX and N-64 made their debuts. 5th or 6th grade when the SNES and Sega Genesis came out. My buddy John Cheronko got a SNES for his birthday when it first came out. We stayed up all night playing Super Mario World in turns until we beat it. To me, the graphics on the really good SNES games are still better than most of the polygonal "3D" stuff of the N64/PSX era. Super Metroid is an artistic masterpiece which Nintendo didn't trump until the release of Metroid Prime on the Game Cube (quite possibly the most underrated system of all time IMHO).
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 10:20am
But that controller...eesh
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

But that controller...eesh

Controller was made for one thing, and one thing only.... the "Metroid Prime" series. For those games, it was so intuitive, it was amazing.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 12:02pm
I feel like a young whippersnapper when I say that the N64, followed by my green GBC, are my favorite systems ever. Goldeneye 64 is the best FPS ever.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 10:13pm

For the past few weeks at work we ended our Fridays in my bosses office drinking beer and playing Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Halo
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 10:27pm
The Gamcube put out some great games for sure.

Thanks to emulators (of course only legal of you own the original copy kids) I've rediscovered Twilight Princess and Windwaker in true HD (something my Wii will never allow.)

Also worth checking on the GC are the Resident Evil remake (if you're a masochist) and the Viewtiful Joe games. The Metal Gear Solid remake was top notch as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

For the past few weeks at work we ended our Fridays in my bosses office drinking beer and playing Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Halo

Even though I occasionally play PS3, the only system we had in the main room of my apartment in college was an N64. Lots of pregaming went on with Mario Kart. The other guys all liked Mario Party too, but I've never been a big fan.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 11:49pm
Have you played drunk driving in Mario Kart? You have to finish a beer before the end of the race, but cant drink while you drive, so you have to stop while you drink.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 11:55pm
I now must try this.
Que pasa?

Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I now must try this.

Tonight would've been the perfect opportunity for me too...

On the bright side, I tried Mint Schnapps for the first time tonight. Tasted great like a candy cane at first, but eventually started tasting more and more like mouthwash or toothpaste and I had to switch to rum after about the 3rd glass.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:58am
Last schnapps I drank was peach and it was in a Royal <poopy>. I tried it on its own and gagged.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Have you played drunk driving in Mario Kart? You have to finish a beer before the end of the race, but cant drink while you drive, so you have to stop while you drink.

I wish we had thought about that. The best we ever came up with was head to head races and the loser took a shot. Not the most imaginitive group.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 9:09am
Wow, the number of people that have never heard of Beerio Kart, surprises me. I'm really competitive and those nights were not the best for me. Wacko

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic