Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saw the new Dark Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Also anyone who calls the TV show "like the comic book" has clearly never read any of the comic books

Obviously you're mixing up the far more recent history of batman from the "Dark Knight" series and completely forgetting the 40+ years of it being campy and horrible.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Also anyone who calls the TV show "like the comic book" has clearly never read any of the comic books

Obviously you're mixing up the far more recent history of batman from the "Dark Knight" series and completely forgetting the 40+ years of it being campy and horrible.

I honestly never watched nor paid attention to the original Batman series because it looks awful. It's almost like a parody of Batman.

The closest thing in modern entertainment to the actual comic series (at least post Frank Miller) was the animated series and to a great extent Keaton Batman.

I still think Keaton > Bale.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 12:38am
Frank Miller's contributions to Batman are way mega overrated. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:32am
I think the movie is good, not great. 

I've seen it twice because it's excellent entertainment. I think it's too long, and the ending was pretty cringe-worthy, but there were some aspects I really enjoyed. 

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Bane. The fact that he has a motive (and a love interest for that matter) make him much more interesting to me than the Joker who  is simply a textbook psychopath. Obviously Ledger's performance was incredible but I found Bane to be a more interesting villain. 

Also, what's up dudes. It's been a bit..
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:57am

Personally I was annoyed by the blatant political overtones regarding†the 2010†Copiapů mining accident.
Well done.   

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Frank Miller is way mega overrated.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Bane.

It was just that accent. That was my issue with Bane. 

That, and it sounded like they fixed the early screening problem of not being able to understand Bane by cranking all of his levels up. He's really, really loud. 

Quote Also, what's up dudes. It's been a bit..

You are one of my favorite people on the Facebook that I don't actually know. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

D:) I'm totally over the Nolan trilogy. I'm kind of scared they're working on a JLA style movie to compete with the Avengers and I hope they leave Batman out.

Expect a reboot of Batman within the next two years, so they actually can put him in the Justice League movie.  The JL isn't really the JL without him.  However, Nolan's Batman was too dark and realistic and gritty to be included.  Therefore, since Hollywood loves cash, and the only way to make all the cash is to include Batman in the JL, they'll have to reboot him.  Again.  
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 7:53am
I liked it. I'm not familiar with the 'original' batman stuff- the comic books, show, of even some of the older movies, so I've taken this trilogy as is with nothing to compare to and I'm a fan.

I'm not an Anne Hathaway fan in general, but I like how she played her character off in this one. PLUS, I like the angle on 'Catwoman' - Its a thousand times better than what they tried to do with Berry in that travesty.
...and yeah, she looked GOOD in that costume.

Bane was a great character too, though it was the pitch of his voice that irked me. It could have been much more ominous had it been deeper- although I guess its intentional as is: {IMDB}

Quote Tom Hardy based his voice for Bane on Bartley Gorman (1944 - 2002), an Irish Traveller who was the undefeated Bare-knuckle boxing champion of the United Kingdom and Ireland, often referred to as the, "King of the Gypsies." He told The Hollywood Reporter, "The choice of the accent is actually a man called Bartley Gorman, who was a bare knuckle fighter. A Romani gypsy. Which I wanted to underpin the Latin, but a Romani Latin opposed to Latino. His particular accent is very specific, which was a gypsy accent. So that's why it was difficult to understand. But once you tune into it, you get it. I hope."

*Spoilers below*

I also liked Gordon-Levitt's character, and saw the whole name thing coming 6 or 7 miles away. My wife HATED how it was introduced, but we agreed that as transparent as it was, there wasn't any way to introduce it without it seeming goofy. They did what they could.

As I am TERRIBLE at sniffing out betrayal-related twists in movies, I didn't see the Miranda thing coming. I thought she'd be killed off paving the way for the ending that did happen, but I didn't see how it did play out coming. Wife did, and I sort of felt like an idiot when she said "Duh!" as it was playing out.

Really good IMHO. A bit silly in parts, and the fact that the cops were underground for 3 months and completely clean-shaven when they came out was a tad funny.
I did see it after this thread was introduced and kept a look out for the political undertones. They were there to be sure, but not enough to ruin anything for me. If I got miffed at political messages in movies, I'd never see any.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 3:08pm
I liked the movie. I didn't find it overly political, at most I thought it could be slightly related to OWS. Thing with OWS, is that many of them believe that we could all be living in some happy care-free Commieland, a far stretch from Bane letting the prisons out and overtaking a city. 

I think the movie could have been better, but it certainly didn't dissappoint. I found it a tad hard to believe that the police wandered out of the tunnels clean shaven, and their big "brawl" with the criminals wasn't a giant gunfight. Seriously, the angry mob had AK's before the batcopter thing showed up, and the police entered the tunnels with MP5's and handguns. Why a giant fistfight? 
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I liked the movie. I didn't find it overly political, at most I thought it could be slightly related to OWS. Thing with OWS, is that many of them believe that we could all be living in some happy care-free Commieland, a far stretch from Bane letting the prisons out and overtaking a city. 

I think the movie could have been better, but it certainly didn't dissappoint. I found it a tad hard to believe that the police wandered out of the tunnels clean shaven, and their big "brawl" with the criminals wasn't a giant gunfight. Seriously, the angry mob had AK's before the batcopter thing showed up, and the police entered the tunnels with MP5's and handguns. Why a giant fistfight? 

I also wondered where the police weapons had gone. The crowd shot of them showed little more than a handful of night sticks and balled fists. They'd all gone into the sewers armed to the teeth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic