Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saw the new Dark Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saw the new Dark Knight
    Posted: 25 July 2012 at 11:46pm
Average at best
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 12:32am
This is the thing I've been thinking about it: Compared to Dark Knight, it's not as good. Compared to most action movies, it is much better. It's somewhere between. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 12:37am
Troop and I decided to wait on the DVD to come out in a few months...cheaper than theater. BTW one of my buds said the movie 'inhaled deeply' and did not see what all the fuss was about.

Everyone is a critic
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 1:03am
I was excited about it until I saw that ann hathaway was in it Dead

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 26 July 2012 at 1:04am
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 1:20am
Aye, it was alright. I laughed at a few things that apparently weren't jokes, and the politics of the whole thing is a mess, but it was passable action.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:37am
Yeah, it's a great movie, but compared to The Dark Knight it doesn't stand a chance. The Dark Knight was so perfectly balanced, whereas I felt this movie was less Batman.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:30am
I just left the theater and was going to make a thread :P

So I'm pretty much a bat-fanatic, and as such I'm pretty psyched for every Batman release. Here's my thoughts:

A:) Anne Hathaway playing Catwoman after Michelle Pfeifer is like anyone playing Joker after Ledger. That said, she brought a great victimized sexuality to the role and frankly her butt looked great on that motorcycle.

B:) I honestly believe this movie was better than the Dark Knight. I think if you were to take away Heath Ledger you'd be left with a snore fest and none of the action of a normal Batman movie. This movie had zero interesting villains but instead gave us a more traditional Batman story.

C:) If you're familiar with Frank Miller's Batman story and the Knightfall series nothing in this movie, including the ending, should surprise you. That's only a spoiler if you Google it.

D:) I'm totally over the Nolan trilogy. I'm kind of scared they're working on a JLA style movie to compete with the Avengers and I hope they leave Batman out (which is possible for reasons I'll leave unnamed.) Honestly, once you get over the amazing acting performances and great direction you realize that this Batman was geared towards adults. That's fine, but it just means that kids won't get the Batman experience I did with freaking amazing cartoons and the fun Tim Burton movies. This is the crime drama Batman that requires dramatic dialogue and tense moments to keep the audience going. It's like sucking the soul out of a comic to me.

I did love the movies though. As far as from an adult perspective they're light years beyond any other comic book movie. But now that we've gotten realistic batman, lets get back to quirky Batman.

E:) This movie may very well be the longest, most expensive anti Obama rant ever made. It was so obvious at times that I found it distracting. Think of that uncomfortable moment when you realize Aaron Eckhart's speech in TDK was a thinly veiled George Dubya reference and blow it up over the whole movie. Lines like "I'll poison them with hope" kind of pushed it for me. Gotham City should exist outside of American politics.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:44am
I loved it. They had me giggling like a little kid from the opener to the end.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Aye, it was alright. I laughed at a few things that apparently weren't jokes,

Bane's voice. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 26 July 2012 at 7:59am

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:04am
I really thought it was bland and dragged out.  I left the movie theater kinda disappointed. 

As for the Dark Knight, I really enjoyed that the first time I saw it.  After seeing it again a few times on DVD my opinion changed a bit.  Still a good movie but not as good as people make it out to be in my opinion.

Maybe Batman just isn't my favorite Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:10am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

This movie may very well be the longest, most expensive anti Obama rant ever made. It was so obvious at times that I found it distracting.

And I'm pro-Obama and didn't see what all the fuss was about. 

Bane (and his mastermind) didn't really seem to care that conditions got bad. They weren't actually supporting any kind of movement. The idea of telling people to "Take back their city" while the cops were trapped was pretty much just a cover to stir up as much chaos as possible before the bomb went off -- because both Bane and his mastermind knew the bomb was going off anyway. 

If they didn't know the bomb was going off, I would have wondered why the movie was taking such a stand against, seemingly, the Occupy Movement. But they did know the bomb was going to go off regardless, so they just used some small aspects of it to cause an unsettled society. The League of Shadow's endgame is a clean start for society, wiping everyone off Earth and starting fresh. 

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:58am
I still prefer the 1967 campy comic book TV 'Batman' and the movie from, to these new pieces of garbage. Blood, gore and sex..... these movies all are begining to look alike. The old Batman had the comic book feel, and seldom was there a hidden but obvious political agenda within.

Also miss 'The Monkee's' campy family fare.

Edited by oldsoldier - 26 July 2012 at 8:59am
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:58am
I thought it was my favorite of the three, probably easily.

It ended a little quickly, but I was alright with it.

I thought Bane was great, and I loved that they stayed closer to the source material, even though I didn't see it coming.

Also, I think I'm in love with Anne Hathaway, I thought her character was a nice foil to the seriousness of the movie. Plus, she's super hot.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:31pm
I am the Bat Man, You are Criminal! Stop doing crimes! Crimes bad! Except when I do them to beat you up. I am dressed like a Bat because for some reason I think this is scary. I am an insane person.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:04pm
 I am The Punisher, I kill criminals. You will no longer do crimes when I find you....

sorry forgot the picture..

Edited by Ceesman762 - 26 July 2012 at 3:06pm
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:02pm
I thought it was a great movie. My friend thought it was ok, but he also kept complaining that it was very anti-upper class and made it seem that all rich people are horrible.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:56pm
Needed more Keaton.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:31pm
Personally I was annoyed by the blatant political overtones regarding the 2010 Copiapů mining accident.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 9:43pm
I thought it was pretty good though long.

I disagree on wanting the campy batman back. The only reason I liked this trilogy is because it doesn't try to be a comic book. I wish they'd do the same with the 100s of video game movies they've ruined.
Que pasa?

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:48pm
Also anyone who calls the TV show "like the comic book" has clearly never read any of the comic books
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic