Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mayor of Boston attacks Chick-fil-a...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

you will accept Gay marriage, regardless of your silly religious beliefs.
One hopes.

Or we will bully you and use our government that was supposed to be "by the people for the people" to punish you until you see things with our world view...

Ahh progress.

They tremble at my name...
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:32pm
So the guy who wants to oppress people because of a lifestyle that is inconsequential to him wants to talk about bullying?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:37pm
Wait, how did I "oppress" anyone?

Redefining a word isn't "oppressing" anyone...

Marriage is a Biblical thing, brought about by scripture, civil unions are a "government" thing and people are welcome to be joined in the public square through civil unions. 

I would think "oppressing" someone would be stopping them from building their business because of their religious beliefs. But, I learn something new everyday...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 4:15pm

Wait, how did I "oppress" anyone?

Redefining a word isn't "oppressing" anyone...

Marriage is a Biblical thing, brought about by scripture, civil unions are a "government" thing and people are welcome to be joined in the public square through civil unions. 

I would think "oppressing" someone would be stopping them from building their business because of their religious beliefs. But, I learn something new everyday...

Bibles also don't allow people to work on Sundays or to eat beef with dairy.

What's your point again?

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 4:30pm
Marriage grants many rights on the federal level that civil unions do not.  They are not the same thing and do not grant the same legal privileges.  By restricting people form obtaining those rights and privileges, or supporting such restrictions, you are oppressing them.  
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 4:39pm

Nope. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:47pm
It really doesnt as a disscusion if one side just covers their ears and says the same thing over and over.....
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:52pm
Really though?

I practically lived off Chic Fil A for stretches in college. I'll still eat there on occasion, just like anywhere else I enjoy the food, because I couldn't care less what ANY non-politician's personal beliefs are. It's a free country, think what you want, I just want good food.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:07pm
You know what ACTUALLY bothers me about Chick-Fil-A? Styrofoam... tons and tons of styrofoam....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:22am
Well, Rahm, and Menino now "say" they won't go after Chick-fil-A...

Some silly first amendment thing, that they clearly don't believe in, but their lawyers told them they can't win. 

Menino bragged about using "traffic congestion" as an excuse to not allow the building to be built, it will be interesting to see what happens, as he said he would just do that so there wasn't a constitutional problem...

But, he said that on record. 

Also interesting how many of you saw nothing wrong with this action by these government officials. It is sad to see how you so easily give away your rights, for political correctness...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 8:28am

Also interesting how many of you saw nothing wrong with this action by these government officials.

Who here, exactly? 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Also interesting how many of you saw nothing wrong with this action by these government officials.

Who here, exactly? 

Exactly. I think almost everyone here agreed that it wouldn't pass 1A muster in court. What the conversation was about was your complete and utter lack of understanding that European Protestant Tradition != Christian Nation.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 1:43pm
My bad, I got the impression that you guys were OK with it. 

Saw this on facebook, and it  hit my point...

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 2:45pm
Oh, there's definitely a lot of cherry-picking on things like boycotts of Chick-Fil-A just like there's a lot of cherry picking on the anti-gay side of things (Wear any mixed fibers lately? How's your wife like sleeping outside when she's being visited by her aunt flo? etc.) and I think just about everyone here can agree on that. I hadn't seen that meme applied to the chick-fil-a bit yet, and honestly, I think it's a pretty good one.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:09pm
Americans pick their causes based open convenience. Is it a Facebook like? Just call them Ghandi. Eating at a place you bareły liked? No problem. Actually impacting your way of life? Wasn't a big deal anyway.

FE-I don't get conservatives constantly fighting separation of church and state. It's a doctrine that protects all of us from oppressive government ideologies. And I certainly don't get basing your argument on the idea that if the framers didn't put it in its not necessary. Over a few hundred years certain additions become necessary.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 3:21pm
Isn't Fe the first to deride a picture meme or cartoon when engaged in a debate?

On the surface that is a good meme, but after a second's though it isn't really.

You can cherry pick where to get your fast food from, its rather harder to do it to the people who own 80% of all the oil in the world.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 4:29pm
You know what causes heart attacks? 

Stress. 

Government going after businesses for the thoughts of their owners clearly have consequences.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 4:52pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 6:02pm
If the guy want to hold his personal and religious beliefs close to him- awesome.
But there's no reason he should drag his business into it, especially if there are a group of people who can be offended and hurt by those beliefs.

If anything- I think the supporters of the gay community and their rights are showing BETTER christian values than those who refuse to accept them.....you know, the whole 'Love thy neighbor' thing?

As someone who holds base Christian values, I'm getting annoyed at people flashing ignorance and hypocrisy and slapping religious beliefs label over it.
Without acceptance and love- I wasn't kidding before. Religious extremists are the same thing.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

you will accept Gay marriage, regardless of your silly religious beliefs.
One hopes.

Or we will bully you and use our government that was supposed to be "by the people for the people" to punish you until you see things with our world view...

Ahh progress.

Ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe the 'other world view' - which in this case is one that accepts and tolerates people regardless of how they govern their personal lives....might be better than yours?

I don't know much about a lot of things, but I'm willing to bet that the God everyone keeps talking about is more likely to say (upon your reaching the pearly gates)

"Good job loving and supporting your fellow man."

rather than

"Good making sure those gays couldn't get married. We sure showed them didn't we?"

Am I saying Christianity is wrong? No. Not at all. I'm saying that certain interpretations of it can be pretty antiquated and need to be updated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic