Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mayor of Boston attacks Chick-fil-a...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:50am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

That is not an example of discrimination?

Another good example of discrimination would be some attempting to prevent folks from opening up an Islamic community center in an abandoned retail space in downtown New York City simply because of their religion. 

It was as silly and short-minded then as it is now with a Chik-Fil-A. 
I seem to recall someone supporting blocking them. Who was it????

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:49am
There is a distinct difference between an 'in your face' cultural insensitivity based on recent events, and a racial/religious prejudice.
Both parties in that exercise in idiocy needed to step back.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Seems to me our country was founded when a certain group of Christians were tired of their government forcing their religion down their throats...

Seems like someone needs to re-read their history books. Not everyone involved in the founding of our nation was Christian, some were pronounced atheists. What they were, was a group of enlightened men from the European Protestant tradition. But nowhere in any of their documents do they talk about Jesus. They talk emphatically about science, "The laws of nature and nature's god" (that's straight out of the declaration there Bubba!) and the values of equality, but never mention Jesus, which seems to somewhat important in the claims of them being "Christian."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they weren't religious, they were, but in a much more scholastic attitude than you find with the religious right today. Instead they were secularists who believed that a higher power (god) was involved in the creation of the world around us and the laws (physics mind you, but also the basic tenants of the Torah and Bible) which they believe he created.

They didn't accept the fantasy present in the bible. To whit, Jefferson wrote his own version by stripping out everything that wasn't scientifically believable (no miracles) and chose to use that condensed text which contained Jesus' teachings as his path in religion, seeing him as a teacher more than the son of god incarnate.

But what is most important to remember about all of this FE, is that the founding fathers created a living foundation for our nation, one which could be changed with the new discoveries and new beliefs of the generations to come. As intelligent as they were, they understood that they couldn't possibly predict the future and that we, as the inheritors of the nation they helped build, would need to change things as we learned and grew as a nation and a species. To that point, not suffering the intolerant to do business is in line with the nation as it stands today. We don't, as a nation, believe in discrimination of any kind. We've fought wars over this very thing. The Mayor is the elected executive representative of the city, and thus, through his actions, is representing the will of the people, not the will of the government.

I'm just quoting this because FE's selective eyesight seems to have missed this post. Strange how the logical replies just dont seem to show up on his browser.

I didn't miss it, as that is the lie that is being taught today. Too bad it isn't founded in truth... But, that is what liberals do, they rewrite history to fit their "moral standard". Regardless if it is truth or not, I have covered this topic in detail in the past, and more than welcome the opportunity to do it again if you prefer?

Here is a good Jefferson example with documentation proving how liberal academics manipulate the facts about Jefferson

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=21076

Here is the conclusion of the article linked above. 

"The charge that Jefferson founded the University of Virginia as a secular institution that excluded traditional religious instruction from students and instead inculcated them in the principles of Deism and Unitarianism is completely false. In fact, if anyone examines the original primary source documents and then claims otherwise, they are (to use the words of military chaplain William Biederwolf, 1867-1939) just as likely to “look all over the sky at high noon on a cloudless day and not see the sun.”"

Our country was founded as a Christian Nation. We can go into the proof of that if you want. Problem with all the the modern atheistic quotes about Jefferson is that they were WRITTEN recently... Not when he was alive. The books that claim he wasn't a fan of Christianity rarely have sources from the past, usually from the present as citing facts matter... And they ignore the fact that Jefferson helped found the county as a young man, when he was advocating Christianity in all of his writings... Only in his later years did he start to be dissatisfied with the "religions" of Christianity. Which is totally different than being just "deistic", I too have problems with many of the different "religions" of Christianity, does that make ME a deist?

And why do they only pick a tiny minority of the founders when using that line of thought?...

There were hundreds of people involved in the founding of our country, and yet the secularists only want you to focus on one or two... Here is a huge group of them in their own words... 

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755

That isn't the writings or beliefs of "secularists". 

(look at the bottom of the page when you are done looking at it, as EVERY source for those words are documented, and written IN THE TIME period.

You have been taught a lie. And worse than that, you honestly believe that lie...

Did you know that the Capital was FIRST used as a Church? And Jefferson was almost always in attendance? 

Well, that wouldn't fit the "modern" version of Jefferson now would it...

And yet...

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=90

I have to break this up for our wonderful filter...

They tremble at my name...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:55am

See you clearly missed the point about England PICKING a SPECIFIC "religion" of "Christianity", as they were using the church to manipulate the people, so that is why there were so many different versions of Christianity when our country was founded, as they wanted RELIGIOUS freedom, to worship as they saw fit. That is the basis for our country...

Jefferson didn't want the government to pick a "winner" from those groups as he saw how England was corrupted by doing that, and the religious persecution that followed towards the other groups of "the religious"...

Even the "separation of church and state" debacle, that most of  you probably believe is somewhere in our founding documents. IT ISN'T, that was written in a LETTER, and yet today it has been twisted into a "fackt" pushed everywhere by liberals. And written into a supreme court case by a liberal judge.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=123

I'm not picking on you guys, or upset or anything, I just like debating topics. It is fun. Some of you take everything so serious...

Clearly the Chick-Fil-A thing is a persecution of a company for the religious THOUGHTS of the CEO. For many of you to try and justify that makes me sad, as you clearly have been manipulated into thinking that way as it isn't rational. 

There is nothing about his personal beliefs that is "hate". It is his personal religious beliefs, which are protected by our constitution. As this government official has just limited this CEO's freedom to exercise his religion and is penalizing his company for his religious beliefs. 

I find it extremely telling that you can jump all over him as a Christian for having Christian beliefs  that you feel are "hate" and yet in the same breath say that Muslims should be allowed to build a temple that supports a world sharia law system...

Clearly you don't know what sharia law does to gay people. But, it isn't politically correct to point that out... Instead we pretend that "all religions" are the same. When this instance proves that Christians can be bullied and economically harmed by the government and many of you find that OK, and muslims that desire Sharia law, are not given the same "hate" label.

And now Rham (Obama's mouthpiece for many years...) has come out and said he will do the same to Chick-Fil-A in Chicago

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/cities-move-to-ban-chick-fil-a-supporters-launch-day-of-support.html

So much for religious freedom...

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 26 July 2012 at 9:01am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 9:41am

Clearly the Chick-Fil-A thing is a persecution of a company for the religious THOUGHTS of the CEO.

No. For many, it's the actions of the company as well as the thoughts of the CEO. The company gives quite a bit of money to borderline hate-speech organizations as well as their own grass-roots anti-gay foundation. The latter has had some controversy over having camps intended to "turn around" homosexuals. 

Quote I find it extremely telling that you can jump all over him as a Christian for having Christian beliefs  that you feel are "hate" and yet in the same breath say that Muslims should be allowed to build a temple that supports a world sharia law system...

Just like I think that Chik-Fil-A should be able to open franchises in Boston and elsewhere without religious persecution

That doesn't mean I will purchase anything from Chik-Fil-A, nor will I support a Muslim organization or any religiously affiliated organization. 

You seem to be conflating the concepts of opinions on them being allowed to build and opinions of partaking in their services. 

Also, where is this world sharia law temple being built again?

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 9:45am
I helped build a house once. Not once has it sprouted banners pushing for capitalism OR stricter border security.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:13am
LOL @ FE using the same website over and over and over to back his opinion of the views of the founding fathers.

What's more, you still ignore the core fact at the center of my argument. Way to put on the blinders buddy.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:16am
It is clearly sourced... And why go different places when it is all right there? 

With the sources that prove it...

What have you provided that shows it to be incorrect?

Besides, David is a friend, so why not use his site?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:27am

And why go different places when it is all right there? 

I think I might be in love with this mindset. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:28am
I don't eat at Chick-fil-a.....
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:51am

It is clearly sourced... And why go different places when it is all right there? 

With the sources that prove it...

What have you provided that shows it to be incorrect?

Besides, David is a friend, so why not use his site?

The proof is in the pudding FE, on the topic of Jefferson and religion, I never said that he didn't believe in religion, simply not in the fantastic right-wing way it is being presented today. Again, he personally went through an culled the new testament of any fantastic exploits to focus on the teachings of Christ, rather than the idea that he was the son of God. All you presented me with was an argument over whether or not the UVA is/was a secular school. Which is, and always has been, a grey area. While it was founded by a multitude of religious institutions, it never has had an official religious stance and has stood solidly on the ground of scientific reasoning with moral guidance from all religions rather than a specific one. I wasn't arguing that. Nor does it say anything about Jefferson other than the fact that he understood that any organization that excludes can't effectively operate.

In fact, in his 1820 letter to William Roscoe, Jefferson states:
"This institution will be based on the illimitable freedom of the human mind. For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it."

It hardly sounds like someone who is interested in non-secular education.

What's more, one of the examples used by your friend in his argument that UVA was founded as a religious or christian institution is taken out of context from his letter to Gen. James Breckinridge dated February 15th, 1821:
"I had hoped...that we should open with the next year an institution on which the fortunes of our country may depend more than may meet the general eye. The reflections that the boys of this age are to be the men of the next; that they should be prepared to receive the holy charge which we are cherishing to deliver over to them; that in establishing an institution of wisdom for them, we secure it to all our future generations; that in fulfilling this duty, we bring home to our own bosoms the sweet consolation of seeing our sons rising under a luminous tuition, to destinies of high promise."

The word "holy" is what your friend focuses on and sees it as "proof" that Jefferson was not a secularist. The reality is that Jefferson uses the word to emphasize that this charge is, "worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness" but not necessarily as a charge from God or Christ.

Secondly, the examples of the use of the "Holy Ghost" and of "Jesus" are limited in the writings your friend provides to a very few individuals of the revolution while the majority on the page are from post revolutionary and civil war days when a renewed religious argument had taken hold over the legality of the institution of slavery.

The few snippets that your friend has culled from various papers and turned to his own use are hardly compelling, especially when you realize the context of the whole conversations they've been plucked from.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 11:08am
Why should I watch any other news show when Glenn Beck tells me everything I need to know?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 11:33am
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, actually.

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 12:11pm
Now the Mayors of our major cities, Boston and now Chicago can determine by thier standard what the values are of thier city. Interesting adaptation of discrimination based on religious afiliation in this case. And the nutjobs of the anti-religion and gay community see no problem with this and actually advocate the expansion of this type of behavior.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Now the Mayors of our major cities, Boston and now Chicago can determine by thier standard what the values are of thier city. Interesting adaptation of discrimination based on the color of your skin in this case. And the nutjobs of the equal rights movement see no problem with this and actually advocate the expansion of this type of behavior.

Change a few words while keeping the spirit of the definition and well....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:38pm
Clearly you don't know who David Barton is, and the massive collection of historical documents he has procured in his lifetime. 

He is THE constitutional historian of our day. His books are best sellers, he is brought in to teach members of congress, as well as students at public universities all over the country. He helps write history curriculum for our schools...

If you really want the truth without the liberal bias concerning Jefferson, you can read his book that he wrote on the subject that goes into detail with 45 pages of footnotes proving his points... You know the actual citations that show where he got his information. 

Liberals love to attack people they disagree with, they try and diminish who that person it to destroy what they said... 

"After The Jefferson Lies, rose to a New York Times best-seller, similar attacks were launched against it from academic elitists. I will address three of these attacks below, but first, I must tackle their oft-repeated talking-point that I am not a qualified historian – a claim they make to cast a shadow of doubt over all the facts I present. However, this charge, like their others, is completely false. After all, I am:
  • Recognized as an historical expert by both state and federal courts;

• Called to testify as an historical expert by both the federal and state legislatures;

• Selected as an historical expert by State Boards of Education across the nation to assist in writing history and social studies standards for those states;

• Consulted as an historical expert by public school textbook publishers, helping write best-selling history texts used in public schools and universities across the nation."

Why wouldn't I use his site? He has the credentials, and the documentation to prove his point...

Anyway, here is documentation that goes against your "fantastic right wing" Christianity of today statement. 

I don't really know what your comment means, but if someone signs letter "In the year of our Lord CHRIST". they typically aren't someone who doesn't believe in Christ as the Lord...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:49pm

Liberals love to attack people they disagree with, they try and diminish who that person it to destroy what they said... 

...attacks were launched against it from academic elitists....

You really don't see the hypocrisy here?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

...attacks were launched against it from academic elitists....

You really don't see the hypocrisy here?

Explain it to me?

David is doing a feature on theblaze right now, in which he discusses this exact topic...

"When asked to share why he believes some see him through such a negative lens, he said that critics view him as a threat to their worldview and ideological confines.

“I am a threat to their paradigm,” Barton said. “They have a particular paradigm built on a set of beliefs. I challenge those beliefs based on historical evidence that weakens their perspective.”

The academic world, he explains, embraces a far more secular worldview than mainstream society. He also said that numerous studies corroborate the notion that college and university campuses are among the most hostile place in America for faith and religion (and those who embrace a belief in a higher power).

This dynamic essentially leads to “extreme hostility toward faith,” Barton believes. In a grander sense, he adds that it leads college academics and historians to gloss over the role of faith in the nation’s founding."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/david-barton-part-2-historian-responds-to-critics-claims-academics-extreme-hostility-toward-faith-obamas-alleged-king-george-iii-like-behavior/

Clearly Rham in Chicago and the mayor of Boston share this "extreme hostility toward faith" with their actions against a company FOR THE FAITH of the CEO. 

This is thought police, telling you what is "correct" thought, and anything else will be penalized until you are assimilated. 

Resistance is futile, you will accept Gay marriage, regardless of your silly religious beliefs.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:12pm
You just talked about liberals trying to diminish people to invalidate their arguments.  Then you posted a quote ( which I assume you agree with) that called the people who disagree with him "elitists" to diminish them and invalidate their arguments.  Does that mean you are a liberal?
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:13pm

you will accept Gay marriage, regardless of your silly religious beliefs.
One hopes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic