Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SS13 - Fun game i've been playing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS13 - Fun game i've been playing.
    Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:12pm
So Enos showed me a new game in PBC. Its called Space Station 13 (SS13). 

Because of forum rules, i can't make a direct link to the game (content issues). A quick googling of "ss13 wiki" will bring it up. Use the starter guide to set it up. Anyone who has a membership at SomethingAwful.com can use that login. 

I've been enjoying being a Botanist, growing toxic Slurypods, juicing said pods, and dousing the crew in its toxic byproducts. This could be considered griefing if it wasn't so fun.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 4:27pm
Not going to lie, I played this all night long last night. Its confusing as hell at first, but once you get it its pretty intricate - all the things you can do. Its a pretty fun game!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 7:09pm
update: apparently filling a spray bottle with slurrypod juice doesn't actually do anything. The first time I did it, i grabbed a spray bottle that was already filled with corrosive acid.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:47pm
 One of my most memorable rounds on this game was playing as a scientist. I headed into the teleporter room to mess about with it, and the research director and another scientist walked in.

See, the teleporter room in SS13 is pretty crazy. You can use it to send or recieve to or from any tile in the game. But the trick is, you have to figure out the formula used for the coordinates. Every round it gets randomized in a Y=MX+B sort of formula you probably remember from algebra class. You have to figure out the missing variable to get accurate coordinates.

So we start fiddling around with it, and we think we have the math dialed in right. I set a coordinate that I think should be the station bar. So the research director puts on a hazard suit and air mask, walks into the chamber and tells us "Send me, gentlemen."

I push the button. The room explodes into flame, and the research director is running around on fire. Welp, obviously we didn't have the math right! The other scientist runs in and sprays the director with a fire extenguisher, while I say I'm going to go find a medic for him. He's a trooper though, he says we continue in artifact research!

See, the miners and other folks can find alien artifacts laying around. They all have special properties, or effects that trigger with other effects. To figure out what does what you need to drag them to the science lab and use some scanner tools to research them. By this time in the round about 3 artifacts had been delivered by other people, so we drag them into the room and start trying to figure out what they do.

One of them required heat to activate, the research director said. So I ran off to get an ignitor from a storage room. Gave that to the director, and he used it on the artifact a few times, which started to change colors. And...That was it. We had an artifact that changed colors when you heated it up. Booooring.

Off we went to chemistry to brew up some strange potions. The director said he knew how to make some strong acid, so he made a beaker full. Obviously we needed to test how strong it was, so we asked over the station radio for a research volunteer to report to the science area. Soon enough a hapless assistant (The lowest of the low in terms of job) showed up.

The director didn't waste any time before dumping the acid beaker on the assistant, who promptly fell over in critical health. Whoops. So we dragged him off to medical and dropped him off like responsible science people.

By this time it was like 90 minutes into the round, which is oddly long. It sounded like things were beginning to fall apart on the radio, so I told my comrades I was going to run around the station and see what the situation was. I ran off, and was just passing the brig in the main hallway when a huge amount of bombs went off. The hallway was suddenly depressurized, and I was knocked over. Luckily I was carrying an air tank, so I turned it on meaning I only had to worry about the bone-chilling cold of deep space.

But look! A fellow scientist laying in the debris! He didn't have a mask on, so he was quickly suffocating. I grabbed the poor guy, and started to drag him north in the general direction of the emergency shuttle. Unfortunately the entire hallway was cut across by a hull breach, and things were starting to get really cold. I figured I could throw the (now dead) scientist across the gap, then launch myself across and hopefully make it to pressure before I passed out.

While I was still valiantly crawling across wreckage, carrying a dead body, I finally succumbed to the ice cold tempertures and fell over unconscious. But when you fall over, you drop whatever is carried in your hands, which in my case was my emergency oxygen tank. So unconsciousness quickly turned into death, as my body drifted out across open space and wound up wedged next to the remains of the science area. So it looked like my other 2 buddies were quite dead as well.

Space Station 13.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 9:26pm
Today, the admins tried to make a hell portal, and a small 5x5 hell area.

They made it 50x50 by accident.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic