FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Older Tippmann 98 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Tippmann 98 Question
    Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:48pm
I'm going to go ahead and back up the other two on this one. Definitely sounds like a detent issue.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:19am
I would check the detent as well.  If you remove the barrel you can look into the marker (make sure there is no air connected!) and see if the detent is worn out or broken.
Gaidheil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaidheil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:09pm
Prolly need to replace the detent, it holds the ball in. Actually I just replaced mine on a older 98 also. If you got a local shop they will carry them also and prolly cheaper.

Edited by Gaidheil - 24 July 2012 at 11:11pm
bradb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:52pm
I'm sure this has been covered before but I was hoping that someone here can help me figure out why my 98 spits out anywhere from 3 to 6 balls once in ahile when playing. I bought this one and an A5 last year for my son and I to play with but would like to get the 98 straightened out before we go PBing here in a couple weeks. Let me know what you need to know if I didn't give enough information. Still very new to the sport but look forward to getting to know the in's and outs of the sport and equipment..

Thanks guys and gals
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic