Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball Design Project Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
M4Goober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4Goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball Design Project Ideas
    Posted: 23 July 2012 at 7:16pm
Hi, I'm currently a senior Mechanical Engineering student and this year we have to begin our senior design project. I was looking for some ideas related to paintball guns, milsim, woodsball, etc. We must put forth the money for the project or we can borrow money from the school but then they can keep the project so I'd prefer not too. So, preferably not "too" expensive. It also doesn't have to be a Tippman exclusive thing either (ex: better paint grenades), just figured I'd start here. Any ideas appreciated. Wink
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 8:13pm
What a can of worms you're opening- there's so many possibilities when you start talking about MILSIM.

You could look at masks- work on some sort of anti-fog mechanism, or the better grenade idea is a good one too- I've never used one I liked. I watched one thrown three times before it popped and scattered all over its paint.

God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:47pm
Better pods.

A hyrdration system, light weight, compact. descrete.

A shade system incorporated into the mask.

I am sure i can come up with more...

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:23am
Paintball knife....

But in all seriousness, a better paint grenade is a good idea.  Possibly a better squeegee.  I like to use the stick ones because they work better but sometimes they get in the way because of how big they are.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

Paintball knife....

But in all seriousness, a better paint grenade is a good idea.  Possibly a better squeegee.  I like to use the stick ones because they work better but sometimes they get in the way because of how big they are.

Some kind of locking, telescoping stick squeegie.. would be awesome.
It can squish down to fit in a pants pocket, but lock open to use with any barrel.

Hinged would be too fragile, and one that come apart runs the risk of losing one of the pieces.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic