Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gay marketing: Cultural indicator or cheap grab?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 9:56am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Speak for yourself about "there isn't any proof". I've seen miracles that CAN'T be explained by nature or science...

Just because you don't believe the proof doesn't mean the proof isn't there. 

If you have proof, it isn't believing it is fact.

And proof doesn't need to be believed, that is the whole point of proof.

You do not believe in your religion based on faith, you admit you are operating on proof. Something that isn't and shouldn't be possible.

And even if you DO have proof, YOU have it. I have not witnessed the things you have, there is no record of them happening besides your say so. So they aren't proof as far as others go.

Strikes me as kinda unfair that you get a "free pass" by seeing proof while others, myself for example, have to base everything solely on faith. Again with the God who loves everyone equally, sinners or saints, you'd think He'd spread the proof around a bit.

I'm also amazed that the proof you have seen means the God of the Bible is in charge, not the Allah of the Koran, or the God of the Torah, or Buddah, or Shiva.

The proof I have seen leads me to believe there is a Creator. It does not lead me to the King James Bible.

Oh, and how exactly did I bend down that window frame? I'm strong, but not THAT strong...

Most probably adrenaline. And you probably are that strong. Car window frames are not that strong. I've bent one before, when I was trying to squeeze the door open enough to fit a jim inside (didn't have the right gear to jim it properly, we were going for the lock button). The door was never the same flush fit afterwards.

Throw in a pint of adrenaline and no concern for trying to not damage the car and I could have bent it open enough to get inside as well.

Throw in structual damage from the crash and heat from the fire? Yeah, real convincing evidence there. And that isn't being cynical. It simply isn't proof of anything. An angel appearing and bending the door open for you would be proof.
KBK

Edited by Kayback - 06 July 2012 at 10:07am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:09am
Only difference between us, is I asked the God of the Bible to prove himself to me... Back when I was a kid. Right after that, I broke my arm and God healed me...

You are welcome to do the same. 

After that happened, my folks figured they had God figured out, so when my sister fell off her horse and broke her leg, they prayed, and prayed and waited for God to heal her... After a month, they finally took her to the hospital where they had to re-break her leg, and put in pins and such to fix the stupidity damage. God isn't some jeanie that we can just manipulate to our advantage. 

When that accident happened, and I went up to the cars, I was depending on my skills to help, as I have been in countless life and death situations in my time on earth, and I am pretty good at doing what needs to be done in those situations. 

When the realization that I was going to watch this young girl burn to death in front of me because I couldn't get her free from that car came. Trust me, it was horrible. 

At that time I prayed to the God that I put my faith in, and that is when she came free. It wasn't ME that did it...

I had failed. 

I think God is big enough that if you ask him to prove himself to you, he will. He did for me, and I'm no one special. I still have to have faith, as your mind will always try and deceive you, even when you witness things like I have firsthand, and you have to put your faith and trust in something... It is part of that free will we were given. 
They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

[COLOR="#000000"]
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Even if there are privileges like you said, if you stand up saying I'm white and proud of it people equate you to the KKK,

[/COLOR]<div style="color: rgb0, 0, 0 !imant; ">
[/DIV][DIV][COLOR="#000000"]Privilege within society goes much deeper than just the idea of saying "I'm ____ and proud" in public and judging the reaction. [/COLOR][/DIV][DIV]
[/DIV]

I disagree. We are all equal, are we not?

Like I said before, I can't help being white and male. I'm sure as hell not going to appologise for a sperm and an egg meeting and me being the result.

Have others had a rough deal? Yes. Would I like to see past injustices corrected? Yes. Heck I'd like to see utopia on Earth. I'd happily help build it.

I still do not agree with the statement that because we are randomly who we are that I should tuck my head in and pretend I am worthless and do not exist. However if I DO so much as try organize a "white celebration" parade, I'll be labelled a racist, probably a sexist, and court cases will be brought to stop the march happening.

Equal rights are equal right.

Also, I'm not that privillaged in this society, being a minority race group, with BEE and Black Empowerment programs all over the place.

KBK
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:16am
The difference is that whites are the majority.  There is no need for us to parade around for equal treatment.

Also, trying to argue someone out of their religion over the internet is about as worthwhile as an analogy for something that is not worthwhile at all.  

Edited by evillepaintball - 06 July 2012 at 10:18am
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:18am

Only difference between us, is I asked the God of the Bible to prove himself to me... Back when I was a kid. Right after that, I broke my arm and God healed me...

Funny, when I read Luke 4:12 Jesus himself said we are not to put God to the test.

Again, many many people have asked God for some proof, yet they are still waiting.

If God does love us all and the does want us all saved, why the pic and choose.

I'd also question the will of a God who broke my arm.....

KBK
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

The difference is that whites are the majority.  There is no need for us to parade around for equal treatment.

Also, trying to argue someone out of their religion over the internet is about as worthwhile as an analogy for something that is not worthwhile at all.  

Like I said, where I am whites are a minority group.

But besides that, with programs to promote black/female/hispanic/disabled people, you aren't actually equal.

I'm also not trying to argue anyone out of anything. It is always an interesting conversation when someone claims proof, yet you need to take it all on faith.

And I'm still curious about those people who deem Gays as sinners and deserving of Hell, when like FE says, everyone is a sinner.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 06 July 2012 at 10:22am
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:27am

We are all equal, are we not?

Biologically? Very similar. In society, not so much. 

Quote Like I said before, I can't help being white and male.

This is true. But, nobody is really asking you to. The endgame of being aware of your own privileges in society is the recognition that others don't have that same privilege. 

Quote  However if I DO so much as try organize a "white celebration" parade, I'll be labelled a racist, probably a sexist, and court cases will be brought to stop the march happening.

Why do you think that is? Why would that be the reaction? 

Quote Equal rights are equal right.

You seem to be confusing what a "right" is. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:41am

Funny, when I read Luke 4:12 Jesus himself said we are not to put God to the test.

Again, many many people have asked God for some proof, yet they are still waiting.

If God does love us all and the does want us all saved, why the pic and choose.

I'd also question the will of a God who broke my arm.....

KBK

Actually, Luke 4 is where the devil is tempting Christ. Big difference between him trying to get Jesus to do a very specific thing, and asking God to prove He is real...

You aren't asking for something specific. My folks tried the whole "do this now for me" with my sisters leg... That was "testing" God. As they wanted him to do THAT specific thing. 

Asking God to prove he is real means you have FAITH to ASK in the first place... So you are stepping out in faith to ask God and I think he would answer that request. I know he did with me. 

And I have a free will, so I'm not going to blame God for me diving for that soccer ball and snapping the bones in my arm... I dove on purpose, but in my youth, I stuck my arm out and it paid the price. 

If I hadn't done that, would God have answered in some other way, I think so. 

But, until YOU ask for yourself, you won't know... 

We all get to choose if we will have faith or not, so everyone gets to choose. Many have hardened their hearts, and won't even consider it. For example, look at how many examples we have put of the media being biased, and yet, to this day, Whale pretends like none of that has happened or exists...

You can harden your heart to lots of things, and you won't see proof when it stares you in the face in those cases. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 11:05am
It is interesting to see how tolerant of religion certain groups are when confronted with views they don't agree with...

Case in point. 

Read that "anti-gay" bashing of Brad Pitts mom's story, and then point out for me what is "anti-gay" about what she wrote...

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 11:09am
I saw this coming.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 11:21am

So just because there's no need to do something means you should be ridiculed for doing it?

My issue on the subject is this-everyone stereotypes. It's a part of cognitive response. Guess what-if I saw a bunch of white dudes with "white pride" signs, I'd be alarmed. And I'm white.

But I admit it. I admit that if I'm in Oak Cliff in Dallas and am approached by particularly urban minorities my heart rate might increase because that's the image that society portrays.

My problem comes in when people white knight for one group then condemn another for doing the same thing. It's hypocrisy no matter what the excuse. If you're going to be enlightened so be it, but be enlightened about all not just the causes you deem fit.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 12:20pm
Hey! I live in Oak Cliff. Keeping it gangsta over hurr.

House across the street from me got broken into a few weeks ago. They also beat up the teenagers inside the house at the time.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Hey! I live in Oak Cliff. Keeping it gangsta over hurr.

House across the street from me got broken into a few weeks ago. They also beat up the teenagers inside the house at the time.

We need to do a forum meetup, there are a few of us that live in this area.

I got lost coming back from Deep Ellum as a teenager and wandered around Oak Cliff for a whole at 1 in the morning. I knew I wasn't in Kansas any more when I saw a dude pushing a 3 wheel ice cream cart. At 1 in the morning.

Parts of that area are actually really nice though. The crime has been exaggerated slightly-alot of vehicle thefts though.

Now stop 6 in Fort Worth...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 12:53pm
If there is some sort of petulant deity creature in existence, the only possible way that omnipotence could be reconciled with the things I've seen and experienced in this world would be if that creature is sociopathically and narcissistically insane. I would no more worship or praise that creature than I would Hitler, Mao, Ghaddafi or Mugabe.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:07pm
Which brings up a good point, is there such thing as evil?

And if there IS evil, who is in control of that evil? 

The Bible often talks about the lord of the earth, who is the devil, and does his best to lie, steal, kill and destroy. If the devil were real, wouldn't it makes since that he would want you to feel that way, since anyone who is against "god" would be in his camp...

Sadly there is no "neutral" ground when our lives end, we all choose who will be our master. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

So just because there's no need to do something means you should be ridiculed for doing it?

Yeah, pretty much.  What is the point in throwing a demonstration for white prosperity and rights when we are already the most privileged class?  It's kind of a waste of time, don't you think?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:20pm

Which brings up a good point, is there such thing as evil?

And if there IS evil, who is in control of that evil? 

Democrats?
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Question that I feel is important here: Why do you think society would look negatively upon a white pride event/parade/etc. Assuming it was not associated with any hate-based organization, just some independent thing about the awesomeness of being white, straight, and male. 
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 3:27pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 3:38pm
What does that have to do with this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic