Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need something to read.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need something to read.
    Posted: 22 June 2012 at 8:54pm
I just finished the Hunger Games series and Im currently looking to start something new.  The Hunger Games series was good, but not great (I reread the old thread from awhile back and pretty much agreed with the majority of the people in there...seemed kinda rushed and not very detailed.)  I was thinking about reading A Game of Thrones because my friend and others has said the series is really good.

What other suggestions do you guys have?  Looking for fiction.  Dont really have an urge to read anything non-fiction.

Thanks!Tongue
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 9:27pm
If you've never read it, Dune is easily my favorite sci-fi novel. First two sequels are good, after that... Not so much.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 10:19pm
The Passage

But only if you don't read ASOIAF (Game of Thrones)
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:42pm
All I would have for you is non-fiction/war novels. Or John Grisham books, those are good too. Can you tell where my careers came from with what I read?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 12:32am
The Empire duet or the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card(including the companion series for the Enders series)

The first is basically stein modern times, the latter in the future and is more scifi.

If you like more fantasy style fiction, Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince/Dragon Star series(really one big series), were really good.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

All I would have for you is non-fiction/war novels. Or John Grisham books, those are good too. Can you tell where my careers came from with what I read?

Ditto. I'm in the middle of reading On Killing, so if you decide to read non-fiction and want to read about what makes humans tick when they pull the trigger against another human, its an interesting read.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:36am
Day By Day Armageddon series from JL Bourne
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:51am
Also, most of Dean Koontz's work is really good. He has a bad reputation as being a horror writer but he actually rights good fiction that tends to have some type of mystery or twist.

I really enjoyed the Odd Thomas series, and the Frankenstein series was quite good.(It's really more of a reinvention of the classic tale, Set in modern times)
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 3:09pm
World War Z

Red Storm Rising

The Catcher in the Rye (random, I know)
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:53pm
the only 2 books ive really read in the past decade were the zombie survival guide and adam carolla in fifty years well all be chicks.

i liked both of them.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 9:07pm
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson.

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.

Daemon by Daniel Suarez.

Zero Day by Mark Russinovich.

Edited by Shub - 25 June 2012 at 9:07pm
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

What other suggestions do you guys have?  Looking for fiction.  

Start here. Make sure it's the revised and updated version. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 26 June 2012 at 10:14am
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic