Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who needs congress, when Obama can just do this...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who needs congress, when Obama can just do this...
    Posted: 15 June 2012 at 11:38am
They tremble at my name...
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 11:53am
I'm not sure I'm surprised by this. Being an election year- anything's fair game. It'll get him the votes he wants, and his opposition can't do anything but jump up and down over it. 

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 12:07pm
Can we say 'buying the hispanic vote'...."si, compra el voto hispano."

Gracias, Presidente de Obama, mis padres estará encantados de votar por usted a fin de mantener, a mí y a ellos en los Estados Unidos.

Edited by oldsoldier - 15 June 2012 at 12:09pm
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 12:52pm
I challenge FE to support his opposition to this in his own words. Leave your blog site copypasta out this time.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 2:13pm
I'm for it.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 5:21pm
Mexican to US Immigration at a standstill: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11356986-mexican-immigration-to-us-at-a-standstill-report-says?lite

I read that a while ago and laughed. As many people are leaving the US to go back to Mexico as are entering the US from Mexico. The US just doesn't offer higher quality of life or better work anymore.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 9:11pm
Absolute least of our worries right now.
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 7:57am
DEY TURK R GERBS!!
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 11:09am
The article FE posted brings up a good point. ICE will now be able to focus its efforts on deporting violent/criminal immigrants instead of kids who got turned in after their neighbor found out they were illegals.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 1:22pm
If it means we can start collecting taxes on all the funds that are disappearing to illegal workers and their families out of the country. If not, then it's a BS effort to pander to people in an election year.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2012 at 7:48pm
I'm leaning toward the latter.

I take exception to several statements from the article:

Originally posted by article article wrote:

In a Rose Garden statement, President Obama said the measure would “lift the shadow of deportation” from immigrants, some of who have made “extraordinary contributions” by “serving in our military and protecting our freedom.”

The "serving in our military part" is outright male bovine excretion.  Serving in the military requires a background check.  Legal aliens can serve (and earn citizenship); illegals . . . not so much. 

“They study in our schools, play in our neighborhoods ... they pledge allegiance to our flag, they are Americans in their hearts and minds ... and in every single way but one: on paper."

Yes, they study in our schools and play in our neighborhoods . . . in many cases without contributing to the tax base that supports those schools and neighborhood playgrounds.  They pledge allegiance to our flag?  Really?  I didn't think anyone did that anymore because of controversies over certain religious language in the pledge and opposition from those who consider it indoctrination. 

The policy change will accomplish portions of the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act, legislation that has stalled in Congress amid Republican opposition.

Translation:  This is yet another way to bypass the constitutional checks and balances inherent to the separation of powers between executive, judicial and legislative branches.

Earlier this week a government report showed the administration’s attempt to cut back on deportations of law-abiding illegal immigrants has had little effect.

The term "law-abiding illegal immigrants" always cracks me up.  I know what they mean by it, it's just such an oxymoron though.

Edited by Mack - 18 June 2012 at 8:02pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I didn't think anyone did that anymore because of controversies over certain religious language in the pledge and opposition from those who consider it indoctrination. 

The term "law-abiding illegal immigrants" always cracks me up.  I know what they mean by it, it's just such an oxymoron though.

[/QUOTE]

You have been listening to far too many conservative talk shows on the radio.  Contrary to what pundits would like for you to believe, the pledge of allegiance is still alive and well in many school systems. 

Perhaps "otherwise law-abiding immigrants"  would be a better term?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

Perhaps "otherwise law-abiding immigrants"  would be a better term?

Definitely
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 1:44am
The statement that illegals contribute nothing to the tax base is a baseless one. They are at least living somewhere so their rent goes towards property taxes even if they are in the landlords name the taxes are figured into the rent so the landlord can profit. Unless they are working cash jobs they are paying SS, medicare and state income tax that they may never actually be able to collect on due to their status as illegals. They also purchase things so they contribute to sales taxes.

Saying they don't contribute to the tax base would be more appropriate to complain about for college students over illegal immigrants since they actually use more government assistance than most illegals.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 3:38am
One of the issues is the Obama I can not and will not of July 25,2011 and then the yes I can for purely political need on Jun 15,2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7fUSAeFzo

Unless you are politically nieve this is just to garner the Hispanic vote.

Not only do we now have more competition for the few jobs being created, the Black community refuses to address the competition issues now facing the younger balck community unemployed. That is how political this is.

And why is the upper age limit of these forgiven illegals 30?
Think before you answer.

Here in meat packing country they are still importing hispanics legal and illegal for the plants. Hormel has been caught several times in Fremont, NE housing illegals for thier plant there, as well as having several illegals working under the same social security number. Notice Fremont has been in the news based on thier stance on illegals.

This 'Imperial' Presidancy attitude of Obama, and his circumvention of the Constitution and Congress is getting more and more out of control.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 8:37am
When you refer to the circumnavigation of the constitution is it an attempt to exploit some degree of separation from the right?

the left/right political matrix is nothing more than a false religion.
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic