FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Florida summer weather forecast.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida summer weather forecast.
    Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:56pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 1:59pm
Must be the North American version of the Monsoon season.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 3:54pm
Unless there is a storm in the ocean coming, I would only use a weeks worth as possible weather. You can't predict that far ahead with accuracy.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 4:57pm
I'm not looking forward to spending the summer in an old farmhouse with no AC. I don't care what anyone says, it gets hot in Ohio.

Definitely not Florida-hot, though. I honestly can't imagine.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 11:39pm
I've got a friend down near tampa- from what he tells me, it sounds like it rains every day in Florida, constantly.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:39am

It does rain often in Florida. The difference being, it will rain and 20 minutes later be beautiful again. Very few cloudy overcast gloomy days like we get here in Ohio. You may get the occasional day or two, but not month long stretches where you dont see the sun at all.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I'm not looking forward to spending the summer in an old farmhouse with no AC. I don't care what anyone says, it gets hot in Ohio.

Definitely not Florida-hot, though. I honestly can't imagine.

Living in an old farmhouse? Alright Jack White
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 1:46am
Boulder, CO is going to be hot and dry. So glad it's dry, moisture makes heat/ cold so much worse. Our place has AC too, and so does the office where I'll be most of the time. Or the bar.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 8:20am
Liquid sunshine...and the problm is?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 8:40am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Liquid sunshine...and the problm is?

"If it ain't rainin', it ain't trainin""???
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Boulder, CO is going to be hot and dry. So glad it's dry, moisture makes heat/ cold so much worse. Our place has AC too, and so does the office where I'll be most of the time. Or the bar.

Yeah, except the bars in Colorado aren't air-conditioned anymore.  They removed the AC from them about the same time they passed the law against indoor smoking in public places.  Something about a freon-residue build-up hazard.  I don't know if it was all in the same law, but it was done by the same group of busy-bodies.

Edit:  I was going to say that it affected businesses too, but I think there was some exemption for non-public places of business.

Edited by Mack - 14 June 2012 at 11:15am
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 1:34pm
I can deal with the no smoking, but no AC?  THIS IS MADNESS!  Especially in a bar.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 2:23pm
Anyone got a link to that? I really cant imagine them telling bars that they cant air condition their places of business. i might have to call proof or shens on that one.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Yeah, except the bars in Colorado aren't air-conditioned anymore.  They removed the AC from them about the same time they passed the law against indoor smoking in public places.  Something about a freon-residue build-up hazard.  I don't know if it was all in the same law, but it was done by the same group of busy-bodies.

Edit:  I was going to say that it affected businesses too, but I think there was some exemption for non-public places of business.

Oh good god... I guess I'll see on Saturday.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

It does rain often in Florida. The difference being, it will rain and 20 minutes later be beautiful again.

If by beautiful you mean the sun coming out and converting all that puddled water into an active sauna, I agree. 

It makes the evenings nice, though. 

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 7:42pm

Anyone got a link to that? I really cant imagine them telling bars that they cant air condition their places of business. i might have to call proof or shens on that one.

Spoilsport.

Actually, I was just pulling your chain a bit.  I made that all up; I tied in the smoking ban part (which I really have no clue on) just to make it more believable.  LOL

Have a safe trip. 

In regards to that are you flying, driving, using a teleporter or what?  And, if driving, do you have a route in mind yet?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

It does rain often in Florida. The difference being, it will rain and 20 minutes later be beautiful again.

If by beautiful you mean the sun coming out and converting all that puddled water into an active sauna, I agree. 

I always loved the smell after it rained. Reminded me of running outside and playing in the puddles when I was a kid. Rain always seemed to cool it off a little which was usually needed. Up here, it rains and then tends to get cold.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 10:41am

Spoilsport.
Sorry. You had me worried for a moment. I was actually contemplating going out and getting a gun "ta purtekt ma rytes!" if this was in fact true.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I always loved the smell after it rained. Reminded me of running outside and playing in the puddles when I was a kid. Rain always seemed to cool it off a little which was usually needed. Up here, it rains and then tends to get cold.

Petrichor

Spoilsport.

Boulder, CO is
going to be hot and dry. So glad it's dry, moisture makes heat/ cold
so much worse. Our place has AC too, and so does the office where I'll
be most of the time. Or the bar.

Yeah, except the bars
in Colorado aren't air-conditioned anymore.  They removed the AC from
them about the same time they passed the law against indoor smoking in
public places.  Something about a freon-residue build-up hazard.  I
don't know if it was all in the same law, but it was done by the same
group of busy-bodies.

Edit:  I was going to say that it affected
businesses too, but I think there was some exemption for non-public
places of business.

Actually, I was just pulling your chain a bit.  I made that all up; I
tied in the smoking ban part (which I really have no clue on) just to
make it more believable.  LOL

Have a safe trip. 

In regards to that are you flying, driving, using a teleporter or what?  And, if driving, do you have a route in mind yet?

I fly down to Denver at 11:00 tomorrow, then will transit to Boulder I guess, then try to figure out which bar my roommate is at so I can get keys.
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2012 at 10:42pm
I just got back from Dauphin island (Barrier island south of Mobile, AL). Apparently the week I went started with record rainfall for the area and rain everyday. The house was on stilts and rated for around 100 mph winds, but at 55mph it shook enough to make me nervous.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic