Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippman 98 Custom ACT Bolt Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dinnearashvareesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinnearashvareesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippman 98 Custom ACT Bolt Question
    Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:49pm
Was working on adding a new stock to my Tippmann 98 Custom ACT and I was wondering if it was possible to change the bolt over to a single spring system while being able to keep the linkage pin attached to the rear bolt? Do I need a different bolt assembly? If so, what do you recommend?  The new stock does not have holes for both springs.  Any and all help is appreciated.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:08am
Or, you could measure the size and depth of the hole in the stock end cap and put a similar one in the new stock.
dinnearashvareesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dinnearashvareesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 11:47am
Asked someone to do that for me and they messed it up, so that is why I am at this point.  But thank you for the input.
TippmannEmployee1 View Drop Down
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 10:18am

The best thing to do in buy a stock that is A.C.T. compatible, all of them are made that way now. If you purchased one that isn't it must be about 5 or 6 years old.

You can convert your marker to non A.C.T. buy swapping out the rear bolt, linkage arm & drive spring with a non A.C.T. model, but you will be losing a great feature.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic