Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

project salvo barrel upgrade question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: project salvo barrel upgrade question
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:17am
There are no upgrades to any paintball marker that will add accuracy AND range.  Flatline and Apex barrels will add range, but that is about it.  There is no such thing as sniping in paintball.  There are threads upon threads about this very topic in the forums here.

You can add some accuracy with a good paint to barrel fit.  You want to get a barrel that will closely fit the bore size of the paint you will be using.  Not all paintballs are created equally.  Many are not straight .68 caliber.  They can be slightly larger or slightly smaller.  Internal rifling is debatable as with the Hammerhead barrels.  Many believe in them and many say their performance is simply hype.

Air source is not barrel dependant.  They will operate the same no matter if it is C02 or HPA.  To save yourself some money, invest in a 12" J&J Ceramic barrel.  It has plenty of porting to help silence your marker and it is very easy to clean if you have a paintball break.  They peform admirably well.  I use them on my A-5, Pro/Am and SL68-II.  I doubt you'll find a better all around barrel for the money.
jakezr1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakezr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:45pm
i have a project salvo and im looking to get a bit more accuracy at range.  i have been looking in to getting a longer barrel for it and making it more sniper and still be able to move with out hitting the front of the barrel on things as i go by or putting it into the dirt when get down. 

my main question is what length should i look into getting so i can do both snipe and run with out needing to carry the stock barrel?  should it be rifled or smooth? and  i would i still be able to used compressed air with a longer barrel? if so how long of a barrel would be the most effective with compressed air to do what im asking?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic