Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chernobyl Movie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:12am
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

Seen the documentary White Horse?

Yeah, the sheer tangible feeling of pain and loss that you get from that documentary is almost unbearable.

I think the thing that interests me the most about Chernobyl is that it illustrates just how broken the system was in the USSR.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 4:57am
They aren't letting the public take tours anymore?  I was planing on getting out there this summer.

Edit:  Something tells me this will be another "The Hills have Eyes"

Edited by evillepaintball - 06 May 2012 at 7:31am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:50pm
Seen the documentary White Horse?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Linky.

I have zero hope for this movie, but I may have to watch it out of sheer Chernobyl obsession.

I think there's a fellow devotee on the board here, Reb or Tallen or somebody. Anyway, carry on.

You're thinking of me. And yes, I'll have to watch it even though it has absolutely ZERO credibility from what I've seen.

Also, depending on when they're saying the movie takes place, it might not even be credible then. The only people who can take tours in have to be registered with Chernobylinterinform, and even then, there's talk that they're only letting scientific crews in since late last year due to legality questions in the national courts in the Ukraine.

I still wanna go there though. Two reasons, see how screwed up it is, and to see communism just frozen in time
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:20pm
Linky.

I have zero hope for this movie, but I may have to watch it out of sheer Chernobyl obsession.

I think there's a fellow devotee on the board here, Reb or Tallen or somebody. Anyway, carry on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic